Ohio St - Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by NYJuggalo45, Mar 31, 2009.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Ohio St - Oklahoma

#4 Ohio St - 45
    #6 Oklahoma - 17

We actually ran the game twice. The first time it was a tight 14-13 Oklahoma midway thru the 2nd qtr and it dropped so we played it a 2nd time...totally different game.

Ohio St got the ball 1st the 2nd game and WR Nick Green took back the opening kickoff for a TD and the Buckeyes never looked back. Jumped out to a 14-0 and 28-10 lead and cruised the rest of the way.

We had a specific gameplan going into this one. Oklahoma was loaded on offense and had better players than us across the board. But our 99ovr defense is ridiculously loaded, and unlike last year, haven't disappointed. So our gameplan was to sell out to stop the run and force Oklahoma into obvious passing downs, then double team Mike Workman with our 2 All-Americans, 96spd CB Nick Copeland and 97spd SS Matt Cohen. Our hope was to slow them down to keep it close and maybe catch a few breaks. The result...a complete shut down across the board. Our defense dominated. And not in one of the stupid EA sports turnover fest ways. I'm talking old school defense...possible user game records even. Holding Oklahoma to 206 total yards of offense and forcing 5 punts....PUNTS IN NCAA 2009!!!

Conversely, our offense did just enough to win and across the board, our young guys outperformed the better, faster, older Sooners. By comparasion:

QB Barnes (OKL) - 12/20 - 109 yds - 1 td - 2 int / 20 rush yds
    QB Ben Smith x2 (OSU) - 12/15 - 207 yds - 3 td - 1 int / 15 rush yds - 1 td

HB Green/Roberston (OKL) - 30 att - 97 yds - 1 td / 2 rec - 19 yds - 1 td
    HB Joey Hayes (OSU) - 25 att - 123 yds - 1 td / 1 rec - 8 yds - 1 td

WR Workman (OKL) - 2 rec - 13 yds
    WR Nick Green (OSU) - 4 rec - 98 - 1 td / 148 KR yds - 1 td

Really was a huge win for Ohio St as I wasn't sure how my young team would play in Norman, and I wasn't sure if our 99ovr defense would disappoint like they did last year. Looks like the move from the 4-3 to the 3-4 really turned out to be key in getting our guys to play up to their ability

no pics or videos...game ended at 12:30 est and i had to go to bed for work today.

good game rhude...payback from TT3....told you in those forums our defense was a beast.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    damn you contained his offense VERY well...Workman didn't get nothing...the RB's got the ball 30 times but couldn't get over 100 yards rushing...OSU defense came to play.

3. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

The Big 10 is throwing its weight around this season after an offseason of hearing about how dominant the other conferences are.

If JMS takes down ASU tonight it would seem to put to rest any doubt who the best conference is.

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I still have to take out Ryno tonite too...but if me and JMS can win tonite, I think the Big 10 might go 8 for 8 in OOC user games....still alot of work to be done though

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I haven't played a big 10 team aside from helli and jms...

bruce stand up...juggs u too...one of y'all i'll come to the big house or to OSU.

6. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I'll play you next year, that's fine Griff.

*edit* Spoke too quickly...I might have 2 games already. I know Fosh wanted to play me and I think I agreed to that last off-season. And I'm not sure if me and Rhude were 1 game or a home & home. If I'm not playing them both, your the 1st team thou.

7. jfosh

jfosh Super

That is some "D" being thrown around. Looking forward to seeing what is going to happen tonight. Should make for a great Big 10 title race this year. Bruce only has to play 2 users in confrence so he may have the inside track to the title.

8. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

That was a good game....I kinda knew I was going to be in trouble by the first game, it was a bitch to get down the field on you and I was only up 14-13......having to restart and go another 4 quarters against that defense was a battle

Great defense though, that's the best anyone's played against me in the game this year....I gotta give you your props on building that defense....shit's nuts lol

I'm requesting a game next year in your building...I wants me another shot

9. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Kinda figured you would want a rematch in the Shoe next year...no problem bro. But I gotta warn you, as good as my LBs are this year, they are 88/90 speed guys...next year, i'll be starting 4 LBs who are 91-93 speed guys.

Welcome to Da Shoe!!!

10. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

LOL, that's insane.....your LBs were tracking Green down in the open field (on the few times he had space) and I was like WTF.....all good though, I'd like a chance to redeem that performance.....

If anything that game taught me, I better find someone to complement Workman cause them fast bastids had him blanketed

11. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

im actually surprised you didnt try to throw to your TE more. you tore it up with your TE on clemson vs. me. i figured if i took away workman, you would go to him but i don't even think he had a catch

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

The real problem for any offensive team is Hooper, the DT. 91 speed linebackers are now old hat in this game.. the 81 speed, 87 str, 300+ Lb. DT is not.

Hearing that Rood even TRIED a hb screen in this game surprised the hell outta me. Thought you were the type that paid attention lol.

Like Ryno kicking to my 95 speed KR 4-5 times when there is a 91 speed on the other side and the 95 speed guy already has a KR for a TD... c'mon people!!! lol

13. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Nah, I don't scout other people's teams, just mine

I thought 93 speed was the limit for kick returners?

Juggs: My TE on Clemson is a beast despite being rated worse than the OU TE....he doesn't play up to that 92 rating

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

We changed it to 95 speed.

15. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

oh ok...i know on clemson your TE is easily your #1 target, but i figured that was cause you were rocking 85 speed WRs lol.

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

My 'scouting' of another team consists of a 1-minute trip through their depth chart, but it's amazingly helpful. Would highly suggest :D

17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Hmm didn't know it was changed to 95...*adjusts depth chart*

18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah I do the same. The one time when I lost to bbj when I first got in the league, I don't scout his team. Since then I always take 2 to 3 minutes to find the gamebreakers on the other team and hat kinda defenses ima lean more to call in the first 10 or so plays.

19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah we discussed that but I don't think we posted it up in here... Our bad. You guys that shun other league members online paid the price :D

20. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah Gabe Davis........demoted to KR/PR only.......

21. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

He sucks. Totally overrated.

JMS last year:

"This guy's a stud, he can play anywhere on the field!" (badly)

22. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah Basically I should have just kept him at WR........but it is fine he is makes an awesome KR/PR.

23. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Also I would take him in a heartbeat. :)

24. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    haha Helli...I had a few 92 spd cats back there...time to upgrade!

25. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah I have a 95 and a 91... Couldn't find anybody else that would fit other than my starting Running back(s).