Ohio St @ Penn St

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by NYJuggalo45, Mar 5, 2009.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Ohio St @ Penn St

#3 Ohio St - 33
    #23 Penn St - 24

The Ohio St Buckeyes finally conquered their demons and beat JMSpa's Nittany Lions in Happy Valley. The 9 point difference in the final score can be directly attributed to Penn St's 3 turnovers vs. Ohio St's 0.

All world RB Mark Williams was held in check by the Bucks front 7 to the tune of 30 yds on 13 carries. He was never able to get thru the first line of defense, and even if he did have a step, one of Ohio St's speedy safeties always came up and cleaned up the mess. Conversely, Rob Bullocks, OSU's unheralded (and downright crappy) 3rd string HB put up a solid 127 yds and 2 TDs on 27 carries. Nothing spectacular, but Bullocks was very steady, playing only because OSU's top 2 RBs were hurt.

Equally solid was super freshman QB Ben Smith. Coach Juggs gameplan was simply to not put the freshman in situations where he would be rattled and make a mistake. He finished with very modest numbers (215 yds and 1 td) but most importantly, no turnovers (despite some throws that Penn St probably should have picked off). Penn St's QBs couldn't say the same, as they threw 3 picks despite having playing in front of their home crowd and not dealing with the dreaded "squiggly line syndrome".

POG went to FS Mark Porter, whose 10 tackes and 2 interceptions were key in victory. Either he or SS Matt Cohen shadowed HB Mark Williams all game long, holding him in check both rushing and receiving and Porter came up with 2 big interceptions. Unfortunately, the safety suffered an injury on his 2nd pick of the day and is expected to be out next week but should be back in time for OSU's deadly Purdue-Michigan back-to-back season finale.

Didn't save any pics, have 2 videos I will upload tonite. No great plays in this one. Just important ones in a big win.

2. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Damn PSU has fell off hard!! Mark Williams got owned

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Big win for not only OSU but for the rest of the conference, as PSU has to stop at like four consecutive conference titles. Even if last year's conf. title was an utter sham, they still won it, so the conference finally knocked them off the throne for at least a year.

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah tough loss but this year my Passing game has gone into the shitter big time......my balls are magnets to the defense.......now it is in my head. I am not sure what has happened.........I am usually ultra safe with the ball against users.

Juggs was big time worried being up 20-0........lol I got it back to 20-17....but a costly overthrown ball to Jordan Carlson sealed the deal.....not sure why he didnt at least jump for the ball.....he just watched fly over his head like freakin TO........ugh.

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

helli, you and bruce are welcome. no proceed to drop every player on your recruiting list that i am also after and we'll call it square (y)

6. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

That sounds kinda painful

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

it is:bangnana:

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL ok sounds.... Naw

LOL