Ohio State at Indiana

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Goose, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Goose

Goose Walk On

I'm down in the 4th, make a big stop on 3rd down with just under 3 to go. I'm driving down the field, and my wife calls me into the kitchen. I pause the game set the controller down and go see what she wants. I come back in to finish the epic comeback, and my 3 1/2 year old son has the controller in his hand and the PS3 is off.

I'm going to restart the game. If I'm in the wrong knock out the results of my game.

Goose

2. Goose

Goose Walk On

I won the restart 24-7. If the consensus against the restart, please throw the results out.

3. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I can't believe your wife bugs you during NCAA time! You have a prenup, right?

4. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

damn, if you woulda lost too id still be sitting ok in the big ten ;)

5. egofailure

That's the only issue I see with this. With those who have lost already this season, they're depending on others to fall so they can climb back into the NC race. Goose may have won anyway, but he also could have fallen short of his comeback. We'll never know, and that sucks for ND, Penn State, Iowa, and the others who may get knocked down in the near future. It's no one's fault per se, but that's the reality.

6. Goose

Goose Walk On

I had to walk outside for 10 minutes to keep from beating the piss out of my son. That game was very exciting I was down 14-3 early in the first and kept my wits and mounted a comeback. I was so pissed at him, still am a little, I completely understand your point, which is why as soon as it happened I came on here to explain.

7. egofailure

And to your credit, you also were honest in explaining the details of the game. I like that.

What's the group's perspective on this?

8. TD351

TD351 Walk On

I have no problem with the restart- I trust this group and I don't see guys trying to restart multiple times per season.

9. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I have no problem, and I and OnIowa have the most to lose here. But ultimately this is Arch's call.

10. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

I have no problem here either, it's just a game, things like this are going to happen...just need to make sure I take goose down ;)

11. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

I have a 3-1/2 year old too

cant be mad at him tho... ALWAYS blame the wife. Why did she call you to the kitchen? lol and was it worth it?

12. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

My feeling is this: It's unfortunate, but not something Goose has any history of. Being here for some time now, I think we would have noticed if he had a problem with this kind of thing. Plus, guys who do that kind of thing on purpose tend to be stat whores as well, which again, Goose has no history of. All in all, I'd say let the game stand. Let this be Goose's mulligan.

13. Goose

Goose Walk On

A damn SPIDER!! She's deathly afraid this one wasn't that big, but I have to kill them. I'm thinking about calling my lawyer to go over my options. lol

14. egofailure

I'm not sure how 3 year olds are, but my good friend has a 1 and a half year old daughter. You can't break out any new "toy" in front of her. A cell phone? Nope. A coffee mug? Hell no. A lap top? Don't even think about it! She will seek and destroy any freakin' thing she can. Maaaan, I don't know how you dudes do it. When I go over there football Sunday, I'm worn the F--- out by the time I leave.

15. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

lol I have a 2 year old son who is in love with two sports...Hockey and Football. He loves running the ball (I was a left tackle in college, but coach RBs so the kid has dreams right?) and tries to plow me over all the time. He also has a propensity to cross check his old man in the back of the head and always goes high five hole when I play goalie against him in the driveway....And he is only two...You know how some dads say they can remember when their son was able to dominate them in sports around 14-15...I am a pretty athletic, strong guy but my son is going to give me a run for my money before he is 5.