Ohio State Game Summaries - Year 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Renegade-Ice, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

Ohio State Game Summaries - Year 4

Week 1
    Ohio State Buckeyes 45 -vs- Boise State Broncos 0
    [​IMG]
    Live from the Ohio Stadium (The Horseshoe-Home of the Buckeyes), Columbus, Ohio

2. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

Week 2: Bye Week
    NOTE: The Buckeye Coaching Staff was busy with recruiting tasks this week.

3. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

Week 3
    Ohio State Buckeyes 36 -vs- California Golden Bears 6
    [​IMG]
    Live from the Ohio Stadium (The Horseshoe - Home of the Buckeyes), Columbus, Ohio

4. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

Week 4: Bye Week
    NOTE: The Buckeye Coaching Staff was busy with recruiting tasks this week.

5. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

Week 5
    Ohio State Buckeyes 80 -vs Northwestern Wildcats 0
    [​IMG]
    Live from Ohio Stadium (The Horseshoe-Home of the Buckeyes), Columbus, Ohio

[​IMG] The NWU Wildcats are Embarrassed in Ohio!
    Ohio State's HB J. Berry plows through defenders!

1st Qtr

2nd Qtr

3rd Qtr

4th Qtr

Players of the Game:
    OSU:
    NWU:

Next Week:

6. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

80 to ZERO?

Ouch. You must have some stud subs. What happened you blasted through a bunch of ISOs for TDs?

7. DC

DC Shake n Bake

this is to much ..tone it down....im gna have to make the sliders much harder if this continues

8. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

What are you talking about? Doesn't this happen in real life all the time?

9. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

Hold up...look at the individuals who scored these points...over half of these points came from my second stringers and even inserting 3 string players into this game. Additionally, I subbed my entire 1st DEF out in the 2nd period and was using 2nd & 3rd string defenders trying to get them game experience. My defense stepped up in this game, as the the Wildcats contributed to this lopsided win by fumbling all over the place, not to mention their QB getting hurt and having to use a sub for much of the game. I wasn't trying to run up the score, I was actually running the ball. However, when limit a team on offense and their defense is on the field all the time, they are going to get tired. Look at my players and look at their stats, my defense and offensive 2nd and 3rd string players provided much of these points. The commentator kept announcing the Wildcats were agressively playing defenses so I passed when the cpu thought it was a run and ran when I should have passed. You are going to get games like this when all is clicking...there is no pattern here!

10. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

Week 6
    Ohio State Buckeyes 44 -vs- Maryland Terrapins 21
    [​IMG]
    Live from the Ohio Stadium (The Horseshoe - Home of the Buckeyes), Columbus, Ohio

[​IMG] A Very Long Day In Ohio!

Exhausted Terrapin Defense.

1st Qtr
    After the coin toss in which the Buckeyes won, the Buckeyes deferred and elected to kick the ball off to an awaiting Maryland team. The Terrapins were unsuccessful in advancing the ball and were forced to punt the ball away to the Buckeyes. While the Buckeyes were able to find a tad bit more success running the ball, the Buckeyes were successful in maintaining the drive, and found the end zone when Ohio QB J. Siems found WR D Carter for a 8 yard TD pass. After K B. Horne’s XP, the score ending the 1st Qtr was 7–0 in favor of the Buckeyes.

2nd Qtr
    With the 2nd Qtr underway, again the Terrapins offense stalled and they were forced to punt the ball away to an awaiting Ohio State Punt Returner, WR D. Carter. The Buckeyes found minimal success in advancing the ball and the offense stalled at the 32 yard line. With the score 7–0, the Buckeyes decided to kick a Field Goal and Kicker B. Horne was successful in kicking a 40 yard FG—making the score 10–0 for the Buckeyes. On the ensuing kickoff, the Bucks DT Willie Mobley scooped up a Terrapin fumble and scrambled into the end zone for a 15 yard fumble return. This made the score 17–0 for the Buckeyes. With the Buckeye defense settling in, they were successful in limiting the Terrapins next possession to limited yards, which resulted in the Terrapins punting the ball away. This next Buckeye possession fared better than the Terrapins possession, as the Buckeyes found success on the ground with HB J. Berry running the ball. Additionally, the passing game came to life as QB J. Siems found a streaking WR D. Carter down the middle for a 27 yard TD toss and making the score 24–0 for the Buckeyes. Now with only :41 seconds remaining until the half, the Terrapins went to the air and found pay dirt when Terps QB D. Obrien found WR A. Graham on the right side for a 69 yard TD strike, which made the score 24–8, after a successful 2-point conversion by the Terps, in favor of the Buckeyes. Not to be outdone, with only 2 seconds remaining until half, the Buckeyes caught the Terrapins defense napping and went to the air. A great call as QB J. Siems found WR D. Carter across the middle again for a 70 yard TD pass, making the score31–8 for the Buckeyes.

[​IMG]
    Buckeyes utilize HB C. Hyde and WR D. Carter in advancing to end zone!
    3rd Qtr
    This quarter saw both defenses standing tall and not allowing their opponents any favorable yardage. That is, until the Bucks successfully got to the Terps 28 yard line and setting up Bucks K B. Horne for a successful 40 yard FG, making the score 34–8 for the Buckeyes.

4th Qtr
    The Terps came out in the 4th trying to stretch the Bucks defense. Advancing the ball deep in the Bucks territory, the Terps drive ended with HB S. Patrick punched it in from the 1 yard line, and making the score 34-15. On the Bucks next possession, they were held out of the end zone but found success at the end of K B. Horne’s foot, when he successfully kicked his 2nd FG of the day making the score 37-15 for the Buckeyes. The Terps answered right back, as QB D. Obrien found WR D Steinbaugh for a 37 yard strike and narrowing the score to 37-21 after a failed 2-point attempt. With the Terps needing 2 scores and time running out, the Bucks went to their running game to eat up the clock. The Bucks had inserted relief HB C. Hyde, a powerful speedy back who loves to punish defending tacklers. The Bucks were successful in advancing the ball deep into the Terps territory, where HB C Hyde punched it in from the 1 yard line and making the score 44-21 after a good XP by Bucks K B. Horne. This was the final score of the game by both teams. With time running out, the Terps were unsuccessful in penetrating a solid Ohio State defense. The final score of this game was 44–0…Ohio State Buckeyes.

Players of the Game:
    OSU: WR D. Carter - 13 recep - 212 yds - 3 TDs
    UMD: DE D. McDougal - 15 Tkls

Next Week: at #9 Wisconsin

11. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Ur 1st string should been out in 2nd half. Berry scored in the 3rd. Also y is the CPU having so many fumbles against u?

I'm not mad. But the score limit is roughly around 60-70

12. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

Week 7
    #4 Ohio State Buckeyes 21 -vs- #8 Wisconsin Badgers 3
    [​IMG]
    Live from Camp Randall Stadium (Home of the Badgers), Madison, Wisconsin

[​IMG] A Big Win With A Big Loss!

1st Qtr
    The Badgers took 1st possession of the game and were unable to sustain their drive. The Badgers punted the ball away to an awaiting Buckeye Punt Returner, WR D. Carter. With their very first possession of the game, Buckeye QB J. Siems led the offensive unit down the field and into the Badgers red zone. The drive culminated with a 2 yard run by HB J. Berry into the end zone making the score 6-0, and after the XP by Kicker B. Horne the score was 7-0. The Badgers next possession looked promising as drove the length of the field into Buckeye territory. However, the drive came to a halt after the Ohio secondary stepped up and intercepted a pass just outside the 10 yard line. With just :20 seconds remaining in the quarter, the Buckeye offense caught the Badger defense napping when Buckeye QB J. Siems connected with WR D. Carter across the middle for a 84 yard TD pass. With Kicker B. Horne making the XP, the score was then 14-0 in favor of the Buckeyes.

2nd Qtr
    Going into the 2nd quarter, both team defenses cramped down and the game because a trench war. With just under 2 minutes remaining until the half, the Buckeye QB J. Siems took a nasty shot to the ribs and went down for a prolonged period of time and was carted off of the field. After further examination, it was determined that he had broken ribs and would be out 12 weeks...ouch! This may prove vital, as the Buckeyes will soon play the Iowa Hawkeye's in conference play. His replacement the remainder of the game was QB E. Davis who continued the drive and successfully advanced the Buckeye offense inside the Badgers red zone. He found pay dirt when he punched it in on a 4 yard option run with 0:36 remaining until half, and making the score 20-0...and after another XP by Kicker B. Horne the score was 21-0 at halftime.

[​IMG]
    Buckeyes utilize HB C. Hyde and WR D. Carter in advancing to end zone!
    3rd Qtr
    The 3rd quarter only consisted of minimal gains by both the Buckeyes and Badgers to where neither team could get the advantage in scoring. That is...until the Badgers successfully penetrated the Buckeye's red zone. Even though the Badgers couldn't get into the end zone for 6 points, they were able to get on the score board when Kicker C Thompson kicked a 45 yard FG, which would be their only score of the game and making the score 21-3...Buckeyes.

4th Qtr
    With both teams defenses coming into play, there were no more scores during this game. The Buckeye defense, led by SS J. Woods with 7 tackles, 3 of which were tackles for loss, and 2 sacks. While the Badgers were led by DE K Clayton with 10 tackles.

Players of the Game:
    OSU: SS J. Woods - 7 Tkls (3 TFLs) and 2 sacks
    WISC: DE K. Clayton - 10 Tkls

Next Week:

13. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

Berry scored because Hyde went out for a spell with an injury. I don't know why I'm getting fumbles. I play on normal the way I always do. Maybe I'm getting fumbles to even the board out somewhat...since none of my receivers will make a catch. I have a WR with 90 receiving who manages to drop the ball at least 7 or 8 times a game. The only one of my receivers that will catch the ball on a consistent basis is my TE, Stoneburner. Look back at the stats from the games I played...it's ridiculous. They drop so many to where I have a complex and run-run-run tempermentality now! I think in the first game, I had like 20 drops...I don't ask why...I just adjust. The way I play is if I have a big lead...my subs come in (I have alot of "promises" I have to fulfill...and will have holes in my offense and defense next year unless I get those players playing time and increase their numbers).