Ohio State goes to Michigan and takes what they want

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by The Parrothead, Oct 5, 2011.

1. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Having already secured their spot in the Big Ten Championship Game, Ohio State travelled to Ann Arbor to take on the Wolverines in the Big House. Ohio State played bad as guests, and left Ann Arbor with a 38-13 victory.

The game started with Ohio State winning the toss and electing to defer. Michigan would get a first down on the drive, but then be forced to punt. Ohio State would drive the field, picking up small chunks of yardage at a time. Once they got inside the 5, QB Braxton Miller would try to hit the quick slant. He did, but into the arms of a Michigan player. Coach Parrothead let Miller have it on the sideline, and it must have worked. After a 3 and out for Michigan forced another punt, Miller found WR Chris Fields for a 43 yard TD on the first play. At the end of one, Ohio State led 7-0.

Michigan would put a small drive together, but end up having to punt again. Ohio State would mix it up and march down the field with Miller topping it off with a quick 4 yard strike to WR Corey Brown to make the score 14-0. Michigan would follow this by throwing an interception. A couple plays later, HB Jaamal Berry would take it right up the middle for 22 yards, putting the lead at 21-0. Michigan would go into a 2 minute drill, which paid off with a 41 yard FG as the half ended. At the break, it was Ohio State 21, Michigan 3.

The second half would not start well for Michigan, with return man Jamie Wood deciding to come out of the end zone. 104 yards later, it's 28-3. Another 3 and out and OSU is on the move again. Miller hooks up with Fields for the second time. This one from 13 yards out. It's 35-3 at this point, and OSU goes super conservative. Michigan would add a FG in the 3rd and then a TD following a Berry fumble to make it 35-13, but there just wasn't enough time left. With OSU running clock and dominating the line of scrimmage, Michigan had nothing to do but watch the time tick off the clock. The Buckeyes would add a FG near the end and would leave the state of Michigan with a perfect 8-0 record in the conference.

Next up for Ohio State is a matchup with Nebraska in the Big Ten championship. Look for the Buckeyes to play loose, as Nebraska currently sits atop the polls and a loss for them would be devastating. The Huskers will definitely be the favorites, but OSU is looking to come out firing and not only take the conference championship, but to also ruin the hopes and dreams of Husker fans everywhere.

GG, Twister18

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Are you trying to compare yourselves to the honey badger?

3. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Not sure I even understand this. Should I?

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    O$U. I heard berry and miller may have taken improper benefits...suspension?

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Be Ready Mogriffjr! OSU is quite the beast. Dont let the noob come to the BIG TEN and win a title year one.

6. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I might not even use them against you, then. :)

7. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Boo! Who ISN'T cheering for the underdog here? Everyone I've talked to hopes I win. lol

8. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

That was not a purdy game but there is always next season.