Ohio State @ Michigan State

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Ohio State @ Michigan State

I can do the evening thing most nights. Let me know what works for you.

2. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

How about thursday around 6?

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Any chance we could make it a bit later? I get home from work and do the kid thing until about 8.

4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

yeah, lets shoot for 8:30.

5. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Hey archie, sorry about this, but I had a job interview this morning and I have to go back in tonight, is there anyway we can do this tomorrow sometime?

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Ughhhhhhhhh

7. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

We advance on Thursdays. If it was my call, Archie would play against the CPU.

8. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I would like to go tonight as well but
    A. I don't want AG and OSU to have an even easier schedule than they do now by handing them MSU on a platter and
    B. We advanced late earlier this week so technically we are not off pace to advance again Friday. Let's just make sure we all get caught up this weekend while watching the draft.

JC, when are you available this weekend to come beat up on poor ol Michigan?

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I worry about this kind of thing, because we just went through this. But ...

1. I don't want to walk into a championship game. I'll still have to play Blitz, but the game is at home and I have a big ratings advantage. It's not an insult or anything to say I should be able to come out on top.

2. I would like to see new blood in the championship game, just as everyone else would.

However ...

1. We are off pace, and I think the guys who are on time are starting to get a bit peeved by the delays.

2. The re-scheduling is happening late.

Here's what I'd like to suggest:

If this were to happen to anyone else in the league, I would simply say "play the CPU." I almost advanced on the shootout last week, but only because the schedule change wasn't here on the forums. Advances need to be solid. However, I have enjoyed greater success than most, largely due to playing games in which I had an advantage (I was a huge dog to USC [2times], UGA, and recently OU, but I was favored in the rest) so I'll be harder on myself than I would be on anyone else. I'll sim the game. I'm an 89 on the road against what I think is an 86. The risk of a loss should be large enough to satisfy those who believe my Buckeyes to be overly privileged.

Pray for a loss. God knows I will.

10. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Sim is as fair as it gets, and pretty damned generous of AG.

11. Juggernautblitz

Certainly no insult to say you should handle Michigan this year at the Shoe. I am just hoping to not get blown out.

That sucks for you to sim the game. It gives you an added risk of a loss that you don't deserve since it is JC that cancelled. I would say that if you are deadset on having to advance tonight that you should play the CPU.
    JC, there is no way you can get a game in tonight?

12. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

There is no way the person who is eligible should sim with risk of a loss. AG should play CPU, End of Story. I agree with JBLITZ.

13. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I simmed it, and I won.

But I lost WR Ray Small (and some serious speed) for the year. With the loss of Sanzebacher, I now have 4 WRs. I have two RS guys, but I don't want to break those unless I absolutley have to. However, with the new 4WR style I'm running, I can't withstand any more dings. I hope the guys hold up.

At least I beat the crap out of Penn State tonight. That was some serious fun.

14. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

AG, If I would have seen this last night I would have told you to go ahead and play the CPU. There is no sense in simming if you are sitting there able to play and I cancelled late. It's unfortunate for me, but what can you do. It's just a game, but I feel like it would have been more fair for you to go ahead and play so at least one of us can. Nonetheless, I appreciate you striving to be as fair as possible and the generosity that you exhibited in simming the game.

15. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

It's no big deal. I'm not at all worried about it.

I was more concerned about stopping the inevitable conversations about who "deserves" and does not deserve to play for what. It was a rock and a hard place kind of thing:

The Rock: Guys want to move on time, and as we get closer to the launch, we have to be more careful about delays, since we're already losing some interest, it seems.

The Hard PLace: If I play the CPU, we will re-hash the old arguments about schedules and who should play who and when and how we should make sure some guys have it harder than others, and so on. I just didn't want to get into it.

The sim was an act of political middle-grounding. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

AG

16. Juggernautblitz

I just wish you guys could have come to some agreement on playing the game. That game had huge implications for who will win the big 10 and a game on the road vs. Ringer and JC is no picnic I'm sure. We had waited for the other guys on Sunday, even though they didn't say anything on the boards about it, but yet we don't wait 1 day on this game. Besides AG did a bunch of guys have to get their week 9 games in last night after the 11 pm scheduled advance or could they have probably waited til tonight after 5 or 6 or play on Saturday or Sunday. I just think it was too big of a game for both Big 10 and national title implications to not wait half a day on the advance, especially since the same thing had just been done earlier this week.

17. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I was seeing this as kind of the league opinion on the subject of holding up the advance. It was certainly my opinion on the subject. Forum traffic has slowed pretty significantly of late, and content has been dropping as well. I was looking more at that stuff. It seemed to me that keeping things on time is more important now than ever.

18. Juggernautblitz

Yeah, I have noticed a lack of traffic on the forums too. Do I need to start an argument of some kind or something to get people fired up? I guess it is up to the Wolverines to challenge OSU for the Big 10 title. Even if I get beat by MSU, if I can make it by the rest of my CPU Big 10 teams I believe we would be playing for the Big 10 title or possibly a 3 way split title if I could pull off the upset of the century.

19. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

SCREW YOU BLITZ!! CHEESER!! DEMOCRAT!!

hahahahaha :D :D