Ohio State Press Conference and Q&A

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by gwill, Jun 27, 2011.

1. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Good Afternoon everyone, with the presence of an emerging young coach who has made quite an impact with both broad commments/statements in this league and has also issused a challenge/promise to beat the defending National Champions and win a Big 10 Title, and especially after his huge win over #2 Alabama, and with feeling of other coaches wondering about our response I felt that this conference was necessary.​

As the head coach of The Ohio State University Buckeyes, I first want want to welcome our newest member. Penn State has a great young coach, and I think they are going to be a challenger for quite some time. We feel honored that they think of us so highly that their number one priority is to knock us off. They have laid down a challenge and as champions we will most certainly respond to when the time comes. As of right now, all our focus and energies are on beating Miami. Miami is tough team to beat and they are coming to Columbus with the same goal in mind as Penn State and every other team on the schedule; end the streak. They have an extra incentive to do it, as they're going do it in our house and we will not allow that to happen. I think that it is great that PSU has us circled on their calender, but that game is 7 weeks away and a lot can happen in that time. Our guys know the most important game on our schedule is the one we play that week and that we need to focus on the task at hand. As it has been stated, yes Penn St. is the last team to beat us and they'll be looking to do it again, and with their big win over Alabama they're gaining even more confidence they can do it; but we can't think about that now. I would be lying if I said my guys and myself haven't watched them or heard them talk about us. We thank them for their compliments, but we will NOT let them go to our head and lead to overconfidence. In conclusion, I look forward to our matchup in week 9, but I WILL NOT sacrifice the other games on our schedule for them. I understand we have both set the standard and raised the bar for being an elite team, but both teams have 6 hungry opponents ahead of them ready to play spoiler and one or two losses here and there can devalue our game.​

Thank you and GO BUCKS!!!

The floor is now open for questions​

2. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Coach,

Sydney Melton, Post and Courier News Online, Charleston, S.C.,

What response, if any, do you have about the allegations Coach InfiniteX has made about the Buckeye program and the rampant use of steroids and Hooter's "hostesses" during official recruiting visits?

3. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Coach,

Bob Tater, Clemson Illustrated, Clemson, S.C.

Are you gellin?

• Like Like x 1
  4. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

LOL Bob Tater?!?! I almost lost my shit here in the office bro ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:5stars:

5. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

:) i was laughing my ass off writing it!

6. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Coach GWILL..... I appreciate your frankness. But more importlantly I admire your courage. Unlike The 'U's coach who won't leave his office. Won't answer his phone, make a statement, drive his kids to school, pick up the pizza if he goes home tonight, nothing. You got them shook. Like i said. The best football is played in the Big 10. Period! It is definately hard for us to not look ahead to our matchup. But we are getting our work in, properly. As Alabama found out, we are prepared for our matchups, last week, this week, and next week. Every week. there is a new captain in Happy Valley. We kick butt and ask questions later. We make enemies, Miami, but we win games. We will win games. And i'm not scared to say it. Just like you told the 'U that they will not win in your house...

7. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Lavar Aarington The Daily Collegian

Coach GWILL...Do you predict a close game tonight or a blowout. I mean, where can they match you. If your teams are even on paper then the game could come down to coaching. Do the 'Canes really have a chance if it comes down to coaching?

8. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Wow this is a shitty press conference... Where the hell did the Head Coach go? I bet he has a problem if you know what I mean *sniff sniff*

9. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Is this guy still in the bathroom............

10. gwill

Those reports are false and untrue. It seems like another ploy to get us unfocused on the task at hand, and talk about PSU.

11. gwill

Gellin like a felon.

12. gwill

Never that. Just had a meeting with coordinators going over the gameplan. Just making sure we're playing at our best tonight.

13. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Coach,

What type of defense to anticipate Miami to bring tonight in hopes of rattling your quarterback and slowing your offense down on thid downs?

14. gwill

I expect them to try and confuse us, but with Darren being a senior QB I expect him to make adjustments and be smart with the football. If we execute like I know we can we shouldn't face too many third downs.

15. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Lavar Aarington The Daily Collegian

Coach GWILL...Do you predict a close game tonight or a blowout. I mean, where can they match you. If your teams are even on paper then the game could come down to coaching. Do the 'Canes really have a chance if it comes down to coaching?

16. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Which uniform combination are you expecting from Miami? Do you expect white, green, or orange pants out of the Canes?

17. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Miami's press conference has 21 replies and Ohio St.'s now has just 16. Thoughts?

18. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Coach,

Do you feel there is a lack of interest in the Buckeye program in regards to replies in your press conference?

19. gwill

Not at all, this is a situation where everyone pretty much knows where OSU is. The interest is in seeing can Miami do the unthinkable.

20. gwill

Not worried. People want to figure out where Miami stands and what they're going to do to win.

21. gwill

I think it will a close, hard fought game. Coaching will play a factor and the better coached team will win.