Ohio State vacates all 2010 wins

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by jello1717, Jul 8, 2011.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

There's another interesting thing from the article that I didn't know. I guess Tressel didn't man up and step down. aOSU asked him to step down and they're still paying him (probably some kind of severance package or something).

3. K-FaceKilla

K-FaceKilla Walk On

yeah and they waived a $250,000 fine and paid him 57,000+ for retirement. Ohio State just keeps digging themselves a deeper and deeper hole. shouldnt be too much longer and the president and AD will be gone.

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Regardless of why the did it, it's probably cheaper and easier for both sides to do that than sue the hell out of each other.

6. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Jim Tressel is the biggest fraud ever. I feel for the OSU fans. I don't care how they try to spin it, the OSU program is in for a big hurt and won't be the same again. At least not for a good 5 years.

7. sportyfan2000

sportyfan2000 Walk On

well good luck to the buckeyes of ohio state this year.

8. K-FaceKilla

K-FaceKilla Walk On

honestly if USC sanctions showed us anything the NCAA is about to drop the hammer on OSU. i think they are going to get harsher sanctions then USC.

9. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

If they don't at least similar punishment as USC received then the NCAA is more of a joke than most people already think they are.

10. Roogy

Roogy Walk On

Ohio State did not receive the Lack of Instiutional Control Charge or the Failure to Monitor charge from the NCAA. No team has ever received a bowl ban that didn't receive either of those tags. These self sanctions appear to be the gist of what OSU is going to get. They will probably get a few schollies taken away and maybe an additional year of probation. That should be about it though.

Completely different situation than USC. OSU self reported everything and cooperated with the NCAA once they found out about Tress lying. USC tried to cover everything up and misled the NCAA. This isn't a systemic problem with Ohio State. It's not a university compliance issue as the compliance department has been proven throughout this process to be one of the best in the country. Don't listen to everything the media tells you. All the claims that media members have made have been proven either wrong or not yet substantiated. Until the NCAA charges OSU with LOIC or FTM, nothing that serious will happen.

This entire thing has been completely overblown. As an Ohio State fan, I can breathe a sigh of relief when you step back and look at the facts as to what's been proven.

OSU's AD used to serve on the committee of infractions so I feel pretty confident in the self imposed penatlies. I'd be absolutely shocked at anything like a bowl ban occurring. As I said before, it would be an absolute first to hand out that type of punishment when the University hasn't been charged with either tag of LOIC or FTM. OSU would have a serious appeal on their hands given past precedence if that type of penalty were handed out.

11. K-FaceKilla

K-FaceKilla Walk On

are you in denial? tressel lied through his teeth and knowingly played ineligible players the entire year let alone the BCS bowl. they had over 40 players who had been selling there winnings to a tattoo shop for money tats and drugs, made the NCAA look completely retarded, which they already do a good enough job themselves, for there sugar bowl judgement. the whole process for this investigate have made themselves look even more like jackasses who are hiding shit. LOIC / FTM is headed your way in the begin of Aug. not trying to bust your chops but u sounded like u needed a refreshing of some of the things your school has been up to.

12. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I don't believe Alabama was charged with either of those for their 1995 postseason ban or their 2002-2003 postseason ban.

13. Richard Smiley

Richard Smiley Walk On

lol come on now man you know the Ncaa is going too come down hard on your boys! everytime i am on the espn.com college football blogs or rivals.com blogs and cbssports.com forums i see some of you OSU fans in such denial? When the Ncaa opens OSU Closet door and takes look inside it's going to find A Grizzly Discovery Inside!.So dont get too happy your boys maybe on Espn's Next 30 for 30 whats the title going to Be? hmm fill in the Blank ____________________________________________________..

14. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Gentlemen - I'd like to nominate this for consideration for the 2011 TSO 'Most Homerific Post' award.

Wow-so nearly every college football expert that has reported that the osu compliance staff is somewhere between 'head in the ground' and 'head up their ass' is lying but the unbiased media in columbus is who everyone should believe? I seem to remember when the tressel allegations first came out most OSU fans refused to believe those reports too - how did that end up working out?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Roogy

Roogy Walk On

Not in denial. The two issues that have been proven have already been punished. The 5 players were suspended and Tressel was ultimately canned. 40 players? Stop reading the Sports Illustrated article from Dohrmann. The NCAA looked into SI's claim and cleared all the players that SI slandered. There are lawsuits from the players reportedly on the way. Remember those illegal car deals they accused OSU of? All of those came back legit. The media is on a witch hunt right now and you can't believe everything you hear. I'm simply going based on facts and who has been cleared. There have been no additional allegations proven other than the 5 players who sold their junk and Tressel lying. Both of those issues have been punished.

I highly doubt LOIC/FTM is on it's way because the NCAA would have issued it already before OSU submitted their response to the initial letter of allegations. The hearing has been scheduled for Aug. 13th and if the LOIC was on it's way, it would have already been pushed back because the NCAA would have issued a new letter of allegations that would have warranted another response from Ohio State. As each day passes without the LOIC/FTM being given out, the better it looks for Ohio State as it gets closer to the Aug. 13th hearing.

I hate to burst some of your guys bubbles. I know Ohio State is hated by many but all these major penatlies people expect aren't coming. Fortunately we should find out soon enough. I feel pretty confident when you look at the facts, not the unsubstantiated rumors.

Stewart Mandel wrote an article on Friday that I found interesting and you may as well.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...-state-ncaa-response/index.html?sct=cf_t11_a1

• Like Like x 1
  16. Roogy

Roogy Walk On

Nominate whatever you'd like. I'm simply providing facts amidst the media propaganda and slander. We'll find out soon enough. If you're right, I'll glady take the award. If you're wrong, I expect some acknowledgement :)

By the way, the Columbus media is what started this storm, they've been relentless.

17. Richard Smiley

Richard Smiley Walk On

ok so now OSU will not get any major penatlies... Yup OK!.

18. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Are you getting your facts from the NCAA or more importantly the parties involved. Or perhaps your information just comes from a different propaganda driven and slanderous media.........

• Like Like x 1
  19. Roogy

Roogy Walk On

Depends on your definition of major. I could see some schollies being reduced and an additional year of probation being put on. So all in all:

2010 Vacated
    2010 Big Ten Title Vacated
    2011 Sugar Bowl Win Vacated
    12 scholarships eliminated (2 for each suspended player)
    3 years probation

The public, including myself don't see the vacated wins as a major thing because frankly it isnt. The NCAA however looks at it as a pretty big deal.

When it comes to bowl bans, I don't see that occurring and IMO that is the biggest penalty that would even be possible.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that Ohio State is the NCAA's cash cow.

20. Richard Smiley

Richard Smiley Walk On

lol you just got yourself a Like! congrats nice post.

21. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

one more like and I'll be at 130. who's got me..............

• Like Like x 1
  22. Richard Smiley

Richard Smiley Walk On

Man come on now LOL!! -> Let's not lose sight of the fact that Ohio State is the NCAA's cash cow...Hey man how many times have OSU WON the NC!!... in the last 9 years... and the SEC is Cash cow for the NCAA!! Sir and in BBall the Cash Cow for the ncaa is the BigEast and ACC... not anyone from the slow10, also do you work for OSU?? lol

23. Richard Smiley

Richard Smiley Walk On

i do lol may i get 1 like in return :D

• Like Like x 1
  24. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

you guys are such like whores.....

I'd never beg for a like. My 250 ish likes are all organic :)

• Like Like x 1
  25. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

yeah but i stopped ripping on perry in the forums a long time ago.....

and i like being a whore

• Like Like x 3