Archived Ok First of All...

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by RynoAid, Jun 26, 2009.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Ok First of All...

Let's hold up on assuming anything about how we are going to manage contracts and FA

i know we have alot of ideas and gung ho guys here... but we can run off into this going with every idea presented by anyone...

there has to be some structure on how we decide to do things... first of all, i have to have buy in. I mean that i have to believe that

1. I can manage it (i never know what owners will leave or retire at any point.. not that i want to manage it necessarily, but i have to understand it and be able to manage if required)
    2. It can be disseminated to the masses, preferebly in a format compatible with the website.
    3. I believe it to be in the best interest of a healthy online football league...(which i have been a part of for a long time)

so slow down.. and lets work this out slowely and with tangible ideas that make sense after discussioin.

2. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Honestly I think we're going to need to get the game in our hands and see what we have available before deciding anything here. We can certain brainstorm and throw ideas out there, but i don't think it would be wise to make decisions until we have the game.

Based on experience with other leagues though, I think it might be best to scrap the financial aspect of this all together and go with some kind of fantasy/draft hybrid system. Its just such a HUGE pain in the ass to manually track cap hits, salary caps and contracts for 1,700 players - especially with the turnover in the offseason.

I know folks might not be psyched about that now, but when the season is over and people are chomping at the bit to play with their rookies, its better having some other kind of system rather than waiting a week or more for people to calculate all the financial stuff.