Ok, getting near the time where we have our Favorite players....

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by OMlawdog, Apr 8, 2010.

1. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Ok, getting near the time where we have our Favorite players....

With 9 seasons under our belt im sure everyone has some favorite players at different positions, and here our mine:

QB - Terrance Morris, when healthly was just ridiculous running the option, and wasn't that bad passing the ball. Really, really fun to play with, and he was only a 3 star.

HB - Vinny Valentine, he was a workhorse that was responsible for my second national title. You knew what you were going to get from him.

WR - JT Green, lightening fast and really fun to have at WR, PR, and KR. Never really put up sick stats because we ran the ball so much.

TE - Morrell Presley, the first few years he was all the offense I had, but he could get open and could go get it. He was 6'5" 230, with 90 speed. Just an awesome option at TE.

OL - My OL works as a unit, there are no stars.

DT - AJ Rivas, a two time All American that provided great pressure up the middle the last two years.

DE - Ramon Turner, a terror off the edge the first few years in the game. Has the UCLA record for sacks in a career with 38.

LB - Shawn Merriman, super quick OLB that had a monster senior season with close to 100 tackles and a top 5 voting for the Bednarik award. All of this while I rarely used him.

CB - Will Anderson, just an elite cover corner that also thrived as a KR/PR.

S - Barrin Simpson, a 3 year starter at FS just was always solid, not flashy but solid. Joe Jackson would have been this pick if he had played more than his RS Sophmore season, but it wasn't meant to be.

2. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

My thoughts of JT Green summed up in two words

[​IMG]

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    QB - Kris Hughes. Not much that needs to be said. Freak athlete and a winner. Took our program to another level.

HB - Marvin Patterson. One of the most explosive players in the game. Unfortunately he never really turned into a ball carrier I had 100% confidence in until late his senior year.

FB - John Patrick is a monster in his senior year. The best FB in the nation.

WR - Adam Morris is quickly turning into a playmaker. I fully expect him to own about every receiving record at A&M before he is done.

TE - Houston Prioleau had an unfathomable combination of size, speed and hands. Had a huge KO return on a squibed kick to help win our first Big XII championship.

DE - David Malloy was a punisher. Built like a DT but with sweet feet. Didn't get to the QB much, but everyone had a tough time running to his side of the field.

DT - Chris Davis is a 99 OVR JR(RS) this year and I'm not sure there is a better interior linemen in the country. He will be pin-holding a very young A&M defensive unit this season.

LB - Kevin Morrow was a Jevon Kearse, Julius Peppers, Demarcus Ware type athletic freak. Will be very intersting to see how he does in the pros as he departed after his SO(RS) year. He finished 3rd in the Heisman voting in his final year after recording 130 tackles and 12 INTs.

CB - Shaun Cunningham was another elite athlete. The fastest player in the country last year left after his JR(RS) year to try the draft. He's also 6'4'' and those long arms got in the face of a lot of frustrated wideouts. For a guy to stand out like he did amongst a DB unit full of highly ranked prospects goes a long way to say how special he was.

S - FS Chris Caldwell. The once soft commit to Florida State made the right decision to come to A&M and departed the year we won the Nat'l championship. A defensive leader and a punishing tackler who helped line-up all the young talent we had at the time.

4. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

QB - Javon Keller, quite simply the man... the most accurate QB I have ever had or seen...... too bad he choked in a national title game...
    HB - Jason Duckett, a big bruiser who abuses several teams in route to a 3000 yards rushing....
    FB - cant remember a fullback i have had.....
    WR - Ken Hamby, Heisman Winner and the best receiver to grace a Wahoo uniform....
    TE - Jacob Hester, won 2 Mackey awards... and was possibly the best tight end I had in this dynasty
    DE - Matt Larsen, started slow... but ended his career with 30 sacks in his last two seasons....
    DT - Mike Roberson -- a :2stars: recruit who blossomed into a stud that was borderline immovable his senior season...
    LB - Ian George - started as a freshman and has controlled the middle of the defense ever since.....
    CB - Rob Mackey, a 6'4 :2stars: recruit, who had a ton of speed, and size... he developed ridculous coverage skills of his career and became a lockdown CB his senior season.... had 28 knockdowns his junior year ( i think)....
    FS - Ryan Lewis, a freshman stud, i just recruited and picked off the 1st pass thrown his way.....
    SS - Uncle Luke Nelson, a stud who started all 4 years and led UVA to a national title....

5. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    [crickets]..........................

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I'll get there...not sure if I have enough years to do this though.:)

7. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

My favorite players were in my first season. Josh Nesbitt at QB and Jonathan Dwyer at FB were sick. They actually got me to a bowl game. That seems like so long ago.

8. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    It was technically a decade ago. haha.

9. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Touche.....