Ok, NOW I've seen everything

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by CaptMoe, May 14, 2014.

1. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Going into the final 2:00 of the game vs the Cardinals, Dallas trailed 24-20. As the clock ticked the Cowboys found themselves on their own 37yd line and no timeouts. A deep pass attempt to D. Harris was almost picked off. On the next play, J. Echavaria aired it out to D. Bryant who was locked up in man coverage. In the endzone a jump ball ensued between Dez and 2 Cardinal defenders, with Dez clearly outjumping both by a good margin and snatching the ball for the go ahead TD. The PAT made it 27-24 Dallas with :03 left on the clock.

Dallas elected to squib and the Cardinals ran with the ball before getting tackled with :01 left and the ball around midfield. The Hail Mary pass sailed into the endzone where it appeared that 2 Dallas defenders made an attempt to catch it. As the group of players fell to the ground, the refs signaled TOUCHDOWN!!! as a Cardinal WR emerged from the pile with the ball, giving Arizona a 31-27 win. Unreal.

Dallas has now lost two games this season in the final seconds and allowed Baltimore to mount a furious comeback to win that game after being up by 4 scores. In other words, a 9-5 record in week 15 could very easily have been a 12-2 record and a comfy position heading into the playoffs. INstead Dallas is now locked into must win mode with a tough week 16 battle coming up vs the Eagles. SMH...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Ouch. Tough way to lose. The moral of the story is squib kicks arent your best friend. While my hail mary attempt didnt work agianst the Gmen the week before, I had a chance because a squib kick gave me the ball at the 50.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

I know, I was debating between a squib and a short kickoff. Hindsight is 20/20...

4. RVallee

RVallee Walk On

Squibs are total crap on this version. Wasn't there a problem in M13 where squibs were being recovered by the kicking team? So it goes from that, to M25 where the up guy 90% of the time grabs it, with a full head of steam (could only wish interceptions worked this way, instead they run the opposite direction once they catch it).

With :03 sec I probably would have squibbed also, as I figured it'd be enough time that the return would run out the clock. Bum deal..

• Like Like x 2
  5. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

This happened to me three times in season 3. Twice at the end of the game, once at halftime. All were losses by less than a TD.

6. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

That for sure was the craziest ending to a game i have ever seen, First the Dez Catch to put the boys ahead with just 3 sec left in the game... The pass came from the 40 yard line of the Boys, so that to start was a crazy play. Then the last TD was insane, i was like let me throw it at the group of people and see what happen.

It got tipped twice by the defenders and then landed in the hands of one of the WR (just like i planned it)...

It was a great game with a crazy finish!!!!

• Like Like x 1