ok so I put some thought into this....

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mcyork, Jun 24, 2009.

1. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

ok so I put some thought into this....

As of now we have 10 people who are set to play when 10 drops. This is kind of what I have in mind again I threw some numbers together if this is something we want to do we can tweek the numbers I put up.
    The object of this league is to become the best coach and to move up the ladder and become the next JoePA or Bobby Bowden. I know we won't reach there level of success but the bar is set and we have to gain points from accomplishments to get hired by a better team in a bigger conference.
    To start we divide into two confrences the MAC and CUSA. 5 people in each confrence. We each choose an offense and defense to run (this would effectivly be our Offensive Co and Defensive Co) They do not have to be team specific. They do however need to come with you as you climb the coaching ranks ie take another job. Can they be fired that is up to you guys I say yes but only at the end of the season. To take another job at the end of the season would come down to points earned in prior seasons.
    Here are some accomplishments I think are worthy of points
    Win MNC-50
    Win BCS Bowl-25
    Coach of the Year-25
    Have a top 5 recruiting class-25
    Have a player win the Heisman-15
    Win a Conferance championship-10
    Win a Bowl Game-10
    Have a top 10 recruiting class-10
    Have a player win a national award-5
    Have a player make the 1st team AA-2.5
    Preseason top 25-10
    Have a player make 2nd team AA-1
    Win your division-5
    Get invited to a bowl-2.5
    Recruit a 5 star player-5
    End year in the top 25-5
    Have a winning record-2.5

Now to take over a program you have to earn an amount of points
    6 star programs- 150 points
    5 star programs- 100 points
    4 star programs- 75 points
    3 star programs- 40 points
    For an example this last yeat in our 2009 league Drifterbub had Rice he went 13-1 and was ranked #17 He won CUSA west and the conference championship. He had 5 1st team AA and 4 2nd team AA he had a player that won the Lombardi and one that won the Best Punter award. He also has the 10th best recruiting class. So he would have racked up 69 points. I will also use my UCF team as an example. I went 7-6 got invited to a bowl and lost I had one AA and the number 114 recruiting class so I racked up 7.5 points. Not a very productive year! Here is the twist Drifter has a choice he does not have to use his points to move on to a 3 star team he can continue to use Rice and wait till he gains more points to move to a bigger job next year. If he does choose to take lets say Ole Miss he uses 40 of his 69 points and he is left with 29 points to start the next year with. What do you guys think?

2. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Looks like you put some thought into this. Sounds interesting to me and would be willing to give it a shot. You will need a nice little excel spreadsheet or something to keep up with the point system year in and year out.

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

You did put some thought into this. I think it's a good idea. You should make everyone accountable for their own point tally though. Maybe the point system needs tweaked? A couple of good years and you could be coaching USC in no time. Just a thought.

4. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Like the idea, as well. I do think you need to spread out the points a little more near the top end. Like castortroy said, a couple of really good years at the 2 star level and you're looking at coaching one of the elite programs in the country. It shouldn't be that easy. Nothing major to change, though. Just tweak the numbers.

Also, in terms of choosing the teams when 10 drops, are we going to say you can't be a 3 star team? Not sure if any of the teams in the conference are or not, but that would give a leg up to that coach from the get go.

5. BDSDIGITAL

I only say to make everyone accountable for their whole tally just to make it easier for you that's all. And then again if you have 3 13-1 years at Rice you would probably be up for a pretty high job opening. Either way, sounds like a winner to me.

6. BDSDIGITAL

Oh and according to the fine folks at O.S. the ratings go like this: (if I forgot someone let me know)
    MAC

Bowling Green C
    Buffalo D
    Cent.Mich. C-
    E.Mich D
    Kent C-
    Miami C-
    Ohio C-
    Toledo C-
    W.Mich C-
    Akron C-
    Ball St. D+ (?) I think they return alot of guys including Davis, I could be wrong.

CUSA

E.Carolina C+
    Houston C+
    Marshall C
    Memphis C
    Rice C
    SMU C-
    So.Miss B-
    Tulane D+
    UAB D+
    Tulsa C
    UCF B-
    UTEP C-

I was at work when I did that, but the teleconference I was on was BORING as hell.

7. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Davis got drafted by the 49ers.

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'd like to add that unlike this year..

You should be able to get offered coaching position in online dynasty, just as you were in an offline dynasty for 2009.

So, I am not sure that this will necessarily be needed to move from team to team.

9. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Murk are you saying that this years version of the game already has that feature built in? I had not heard that but if so that makes it a lot easier.

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Well, I assume you have played a few seasons in an offline dynasty right? and if so, you know how you can get conference offers and coaching offers..

I am ASSUMING with all the work they've done to OD that, and all of the things that they said about fixing "bugs" ..such as, players leaving and player progression

that those too would be fixed and in online dynasty

I guess we can only hope..

11. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but they didn't change that. No job offers/firings in online dynasty this year:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/15/218567.page#2114849

12. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

To go along with the moving up the ladder deal, are we going to have something in place that would move you DOWN the ladder? If you pull out a few bad seasons at a top notch school, you're not going to be around for long. Just a thought.

13. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Yeah I like that thought too Parrot we could come up with a negative point system too. under .500 season -25 points
    losing to your main rival 3 years in a row -20 points
    to name a few

14. BDSDIGITAL

getting put on probation - a ton (assuming probabtion is still "in the game")
    having a bottom half recruiting class
    no bowl game in a year
    finishing more than x spots lower than you started

just some initial thoughts

15. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Hey castor where in O-town do you live? I spent 10 years in the 407 miss it a ton.

16. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

having a bottom half recruiting class
    I disagree with this one in the fact that the fans might be upset with this but its the finished product ie wins and losses that can get you fired. For example Chris Peterson at Boise State he keeps winning without the top recruiting classes. Who are we to second guess the talent evaluation of the coaching staff:D

17. LSUtiga21

LSUtiga21 Guest

my thoughts exactly on the negative point system...

using your rice example - if you were to have 2 negative years coming off of your 13-1 season, you could still take over a pretty decent team if you desired with the points you accumulated. This of course would not be the case in real life.

18. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

19. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I don't think the probation thing has been in a 360 game. I could be wrong on that, though.

Also, in terms of taking a new team, are we going to restrict the conferences you can go to? If not, with 10 guys moving up, it's possible that 2 of them could have conferences all to themselves. That'd be too easy to run through, IMO. If we restrict it to moving up to two conferences, we could still have enough people in each conference to make it pretty interesting. Just a thought.

20. BDSDIGITAL

Right now Semoran(436) and Howell Branch. Moved here from Lee Rd. Where are you from here? You shouldn't miss it too much. I like alot about Orlando, but this city is depressed big time. Crime rate is out of control... My office is by ORMC I4 and Kaley area.

21. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I lived in ocoee for a while Oak Forest apts then my wife and I lived in a condo for 3 years on Orlando ave near lee road winter park area. Not from there but I go back quite often I have friends that still live there. I was back 3 weeks ago for a golf outing with some of my boys. For our anniversary my wife and I are coming down for the Food and Wine festival at Epcot and then going to the Miami UCF game at bright house. Can't wait for that.

22. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I dont wanna seem like the negative nancy in the group. I truly love the idea. I just thinks its a bit complicated. Even if we are keeping our own tally. The suggestions and ideas are great.

All I suggest, is using the main stuff we play for. WINS. I say wins, maybe some iduvidual awards, not quite sure though. In real life, coaches move on because of what they have built, and what they have won. For exapmle...

Why not base moving on due to winning percentage after a set numer of years at your school, like your coaching contract. Once your contract is up if you have a winning percentage of...

70% or higher...you can make the jump of two stars.
    60% or higher...you can jump one star.
    Play 500 ball, and you might be able to move to a equal team, maybe not though.

Basically, win and you can make the change, play/coach and you dont deserve to.

Just my .2

23. BDSDIGITAL

What if we forgot the points and just gave everyone a 3 year deal at their CUSA/MAC school and at the end of year 3 we were able to move to a team with the same prestige rating if we chose too? So we could take a 4 starMarshall after year three and move to a 4 star Illinois or whatever? We could make every change a three year commitment.

24. BDSDIGITAL

That's a good point. However if we are going to end up in a select conference or two conferences we should just start there. The only advantage I could see is who gets what team in the higher conference.

25. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

guys again this is a suggestion it is not set in stone we can do what we want