Ok, so we are midway through five seasons...

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by OMlawdog, Nov 1, 2010.

1. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

What are the things you like/dislike about this year's game.

Here are my likes:

1) Competitive CPU. We are five seasons in and I have averaged 2 CPU losses a year, and their recruiting is off the charts for some teams, especially LSU/Alabama in my division. The days of just competing against Users are over. If you are not careful, you can go from having a great class, to a disaster of a class (Im looking at you BBJ). There are still times that the CPU does some odd stuff as far as playcalling goes, but they have come a long way on this year's game.

2) Recruiting overall. I know I touched on this above, but the recruiting has so much more strategy to it than in year's past, its really cool.

3) Offensive line interaction. Watching a OT and OG double team a DE, and then one peel off to block the LB is something I never thought I would see, but it is common place. Also, they have finally made the DT position relevant. If you have a disruptive DT, he can stop the run. In previous year's games you could have a pair of 99 OVR DT's and get malled by a 70 OVR C, not in this year's game.

4) Speed is no longer king. Sure, speed helps, but defensively the days of having a bunch of 90 speed players being good enough to win, are long gone. Attributes like release, play recognition, man and zone coverage skills, and spectacular catching actually mean something, its refreshing to see.

5) User games are really fun. They are not speed dominated, though at times a few speed receivers can make a big difference, overall its not a track meet. Also, the results aren't the same each year. Unless of course it is Duke playing Texas.

6) The pace of this year's game is fantastic. I would put our league against any other league out there that has 12 USER teams.

Dislikes:

1) Coverages can be a bit wacky. Watching your DB go grab some gatorade while he is supposed to be covering an out pattern is always fun.

2) More depth in recruiting. I don't have a problem with the 10 hours of recruiting time, but I think we would all benefit from more recruiting type things. In real life, coaches can go watch a high school game if they want to. I think it would be cool to send coaches to different players, and you would have 8 coaches to send to games on Friday night, depending on where you are playing your game on Saturday.

3) Pipeline bonus - is not done properly. If Texas has 60 players on their roster from Texas and I have 4, the bonus should not be the same. Im not saying it should be a 15 times better than my pipeline bonus, but it should be more. Also, the number of players to create a pipeline should be closer to 8 as opposed to 4. I love the idea, but they need to tweak it.

4) Losing to BBJ or Gators. Neither is very fun.

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Everything you said goes for me too Lawdog, I'm also happy I didn't come into this league and get beat by every user like I did when I was in The Experience.

Dislike: Getting mauled by Duke.

EDIT: Also I like JR's, oh whats the term for em.... his little moving picture things.

3. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

i like that i should have more pipelines, but i only have 4...

i love beating ole miss for the 2nd time in deuce history and moving up to number 2 then losing the next week to a unranked virginia team.

i like that i can't seem to win a bowl game.

i like that every yr i have "one of those games" that cost me chance at anything major.

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I like that this game is the most realistic thing EA has ever put out. I'd like to see them emphasize the locomotion and ratings even more for next years game.

I wish they'd make the CPU controlled QBs that are athletic more dangerous to run the ball. They never scramble. I'd also like to see them fix the BS stuff where the QB always seems to be able to read a blitz and get the ball out to the hole right before the blitz gets there. It's kind of cheesy, especially for QBs with low awareness ratings.

I wish they'd fix the zone coverage. If you haven't noticed, one of the biggest problems is that if you call cover 3 while the ball is on the right hash, the MLB with the middle hook zone backpedals to the center of the field between the hashes. The zones are set for the same part of the field no matter where the ball is spotted. This shouldn't be the case. It's the same with the safeties.

I'd also like to see them make the default difficulties and CPU AI more competitive so we don't need to tweak sliders so much. The game should play challenging all its own.

5. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Likes... locomotion... awesome feature.....

dislike.... coverage... even the highly rated guys dont cover consistently... and the lower rated guy forget it.... its like they arent even out there.....

oh and TK... they are called gifs......

[​IMG]

6. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

You guys are indeed fast...actually blazing fast. But there is one other comparable out there.

Keep up the great work fella's. I actually pay attention alot to what's going on in here. You guys got a great group, much like I feel about mine.

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Haha yeah I figured that out once I right clicked on it.