OK State Football 2010

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Aug 31, 2009.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

OK State Football 2010

Week 1

Oklahoma State had a bye in week 1. We are still getting use to life after Dez. With the departure of our leader calling the plays last year the Cowboys look to Andrew Cate to carry the pass game this year. No big time receiver to headline the offense this year but we will feature sensational senior Kendall Hunter. Practice makes perfect as the Cowboys get ready to take on Fresno State.

[​IMG]

Recruiting Update

4* #2 MLB Jeremy Spicer 6'1 236 Bartlesville, OK

2. controllerabuser

Week 2

[​IMG]

Fresno State 21 @ #12 Oklahoma State 38

Passing
    Andrew Cate 13-29 214 yds 4TD INT

Rushing
    RB Kendall Hunter 26 att 110 yds 0 TD

Receiving
    TE Wilson Youman 4 rec 135 yds 2 TD

Defensive
    J. Barnes 13 tkls
    Victor Johnson 1 INT
    Justin Gent 1 sack

3. controllerabuser

Week 3

Rivalry Game
    Tulsa 21 @ #12 Oklahoma State 45​

1st game back after a long hiatus for coach controller. The Cowboys came onto the field with a cocky swagger. While two big pieces of the puzzle from last year's team are gone we managed to find new parts to fill the void.

1st Quarter was very boring as neither offense could get on track. The quarter ended 0-0.

2nd quarter started bad for the Cowboy offense as Andrew Cate, Z-Rob's back-up from last year threw a "INT" on an option. Which wasn't credited in the stat books. Defense played lights out. Kendall Hunter punched in his first TD of the game to give the "boys" a 7-0 lead. Tulsa would then counter with a play-action pass that burned the defense to tie the game. Then, flashbacks of last year's high-powered offense came back to life. Andrew Cate hooked up with Hubert Anyiam like Z-Rob so fabulously did with Dez. After holding the Golden Hurricanes, Anyiam brought Golden showers upon this 'Canes defense as he trots in the end zone for a 65 yard score to put the Cowboys up 21-7. Tulsa tries to regather their composure only to throw a pick six to middle linebacker Justin Gent for a pick 6. 28-7 at the half.

3rd & 4th quarters were played without skill position starters and Andrew Cate.

This game should have been 45-7 but the cpu needed to feel better about itself. Yall know what I mean...

Key Player Stats

Passing
    Andrew Cate 10-15 224 2TD
    Brandon Weeden 7-8 116 1TD

Rushing
    Kendall Hunter 18-106 1TD
    Travis Miller 13-58 1TD

Receiving
    Hubert Anyiam 6-153 2TD
    Isiah Anderson 4-62 1TD
    Adrian Richards 4-74

Defense
    D. Fontenont 10 TACK 4TFL 1 SACK
    Justin Gent 9 TACK 1TFL 1INT 1 DEF TD

Next Up: @ Arizona

4. controllerabuser

Week 4

#10 (2-0) Oklahoma State 29 @ (2-0) Arizona 7

Convincing win
    "They just marched right through em!"

Traveling west to Pac Ten country the Cowboys look to tame the Wildcats.

1st Quarter
    After feeling each other out as most games start off Wildcat RB Grisby puts it in the endzone on a 1 yard run at the goal line to put Zona up 7-0. A facemask penalty on the following kick off return put the Cowboys at the 45 to start their drive. Ok State looked to have the offense going but were halted on a fumble that gave the Wildcats some momentum. Ok State's defense holds strong to force a 3 & out.

2nd Quarter
    2nd Quarter was nothing but 2 FG's for the Cowboys as they were able to drive but just could not finish. 7-6 @ the half.

3rd Quarter
    Kendall "Big game" Hunter finally got going on a 19 yard scamper for a 12-7 lead. Coach controller decides to kick the XP instead of the obvious 2 PT. conversion but pays as the XP is blocked. 12-7 OK ST
    Andrew Cate gets the ball back and puts together and excellent drive capping it off with a 12 yard toss to Josh Cooper to put the boys up 19-7.

4th Quarter
    Cate would get the pigskin back again and make Arizona defensive coordinators pay as he makes adjustments at the line and finds his new found friend Hubert Anyiam for a 57 yard score. 26-7

Passing
    Andrew Cate 17-23 262 2TD 9 rushes-30

Rushing

Kendall Hunter 19-105 1TD

Receiving

Hubert Anyiam 4-103 1TD
    Isiah Anderson 5-54
    Adrian Richards 2-44
    Josh Cooper 1-12 1TD

Defense
    Justin Gent 7 TACK 3TFL

Key Stats
    Ok State had 426 total offense to Arizona's 134.
    Ok State had 20 first downs to Arizona's 8.
    Ok State had 21:05 T.O.P. to Arizona's 9:07.

Up Next: vs OU

5. controllerabuser

Week 4

Bedlam Game
    #1 Oklahoma 17 @ #9 Oklahoma State 24

[​IMG]

1st Quarter

Oklahoma State came out strong forcing OU to 2 straight 3 and outs. Kendall Hunter would draw blood first with a 10 yard TD run capping an 11 play drive. After the 2nd OU 3 and out OK State was forced to a 3 and out. OU quickly scored on a Jameel Owens 30 yard TD catch that would tie the game at 7.

2nd Quarter
    Ok St. is forced to punt after being stopped at the 50 yard line. This quarter goes a bit back and forth. OU was inside our 10 but threw a game changing pick that would end the half at 7-7.

3rd Quarter
    After huge plays OU is stopped short at the goal line as the Cowboys stand tall. 10-7 OU lead after a field goal.

4th Quarter
    Our kicker Bailey nails a FG to start the 4th and ties the game again at 10. The Cowboys would then make a statement as they stopped OU's Sam Bradford on a 3rd and inches option play. Hubert Anyiam would then catch a 7 yard TD that would give OK St. the lead 17-10. However, a 25 yard TD by Jameel Owens again would tie the ball game. 17-17

Oklahoma State would then go on a game winning drive. They intended on getting a field goal. We get a huge run and OU players start dropping like flies to let Hunter in the end zone. Hunter pulls a Brian Westbrook and decides to slide to run the clock. Yet, we forget it would be 1st and goal and the Sooners still had 3 time outs. After being stuffed once coach controller gambles with a play action to Cooper Bassett for a 8 yard TD. It was the only thing to do as I figured JCA would march down and notch a field goal to send it to overtime. We needed this win. For the team and our pride after getting beat by the Sooners last year. We look to our match up with the Texas Longhorns but will take each week step by step to get there.

Andrew Cate 18-26 217 2TD

Kendall Hunter 21-120 1TD, 3-64

Hubert Anyiam 5-65 1TD

Next Week: @ Kansas State

6. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Great job Controller. You played a great game, shut down my running game, and deserved to win. Good luck the rest of the way, home team holds serve in the rivalry. See you next year.

7. controllerabuser

Thanks, I know you will rebound and have a good year!

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Great game guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. controllerabuser

Week 5

#5 Oklahoma State 31 @ Kansas State 30

Oklahoma State dodges a bullet on the road

The Cowboys came in thinking they would walk all over the Wildcats or they were emotionally drownded from last week's win against #1 Oklahoma. Whatever the case was it didn't look pretty for the #5 team in the land. Down 24-14 in the 2nd half with their new star QB injured with cracked ribs they turned to sophomore Brandon Weeden who has not played much. He did what was asked. Simply, do not turn the ball over. Handing the ball to a running back like Kendall Hunter can make your job easier. Up 31-24 with the ball at the 50 and seconds ticking down KSU bombs it to the left side of the end zone. My girlfriend watched my face turn from happy to stunned as KSU's receiver caught the game tying touch down. I thought about abusing my controller but with the economy the way it is I figured I better not. KSU comes out onto the field to try the XP. I quickly call a T.O. thinking maybe it would ice the kicker and mess with his confidence. Manhattan, Kansas is shocked as they thought they might pull an upset and take it to overtime. The kicker misses the extra point as he pushes it to the right. OK State stays undefeated leaving Kansas luckily with a W.

KSU Bombs over Baghdad
    [youtube]ZxZ7fH2TIgE[/youtube]

KSU misses XP!
    [youtube]Z4UYuxRmDgI[/youtube]

Andrew Cate 5-9 120 2TD
    Brandon Weeden 3-6 41 1TD

Kendall Hunter 21-140 1TD, 1-32 1TD
    Travis Miller 5-18

Huubert Anyiam 3-100 1TD
    Wilson Youman 2-13 1TD

10. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

You got to be kidding me

11. controllerabuser

Kidding, that I escaped by 1 against KSU?

Or, that they missed the XP?

Had it have gone to overtime the CPU ROBO man would have definitely been in full effect.

12. controllerabuser

Week 6

[​IMG] [​IMG]

#4 Oklahoma State 44 @ Kansas 34

The Cowboys were just too much in this one. We should have won the game 44-27 but the CPU decided to somehow thread it through the Quarters 3 deep zone coverage from the 10. We were down in this game in the 1st quarter but pulled ourselves together. Hunter could not get it going on the ground until late in the game. The defense was off and on throughout the entire game.

Travis Miller returns his 1st Kick right after Kansas returned one.
    [YOUTUBE]IwI_dI7lp0c[/YOUTUBE]

Cooper Bassett shakes 2 tackles to a touchdown.
    [YOUTUBE]v_GUHPjAS4U[/YOUTUBE]

Travis Miller caps his day off with his 2nd return. This one happened on the opening 2nd half kick off.
    [YOUTUBE]sfM-RPyodOM[/YOUTUBE]

Andrew Cate 10-18 205 2TD 1INT

Kendall Hunter 25-99 1TD

Isiah Anderson 6-92
    Cooper Bassett 1-23 1TD
    Adrian Richards 1-71 1TD

Travis Miller 3-196 KR Yards 2TD

13. controllerabuser

Week 7

Beat Texas A&M in a trap game. Came out still undefeated for the match-up with Nebraska next week. However, we will be without our best wide receiver Hubert Anyiam who was hurt and is out 7 weeks. Up 31-24 we returned a kick off and got two pick sixes to put the game away.

14. controllerabuser

Week 8

#3 Nebraska 27 @ #4 Oklahoma State 28

Oklahoma State comes out unscathed in this one. Huge win as we were down 27-14. A never give up attitude is what kept us chucking. Game started out as NU marched down the field running all over with Quinten Castille. Yet they were stopped inside the red zone and forced to a field goal. We came right back and put one in to go up 7-3. I thought NU would be in for a long day after that. They came back and scored 21 straight points. Getting a pick six and forcing a fumble to get great field position. First big test for this young Cowboy team. We proved that we belonged with the big boys as we scored on a 2 minute drive right before the half. 24-14 coming out from halftime we were forced to punt.

The game would end in a disastrous finale for the Cornhuskers and their perfect season. The Cowboy defense figured out how to stop the Huskers. We scored and brought it closer to 27-21. Running the clock down, all NU had to do was keep running the ball. They had us in a pickle after a huge first down. The Cowboys only having 2 timeouts left stripped the ball on a controversial PA pass call that ended up in the hands of the defenders. OK State would be too much as they drove down the field and scored with 10 seconds.

The Cowboys still have a tough road ahead if they want to accomplish their goals. We have to face a tough Texas team that will be looking to be the spoiler and then eventually another meeting in a rematch with NU could be in the cards.

OK State's biggest play of the year!
    [YOUTUBE]BrY0M8E4EBY[/YOUTUBE]

15. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

He was down!!!!

[​IMG]

16. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

He was down!!!!

[​IMG]

17. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

i know i got so bent over by the AI...but CA played well.. if i dont have to settle for 2 fgs... i win... but hopefully i can rebound and rematch it up in the Big12 game.