Ok, this sucks...

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by CaptMoe, May 7, 2013.

1. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

I have to say that the changes this league has gone thru over the last week have really taken the wind out of its sails. Guys may not have been really active on the forums but, weren't we consistently getting our games played and moving along, sometimes prior to the deadline?

Now, nevermind 16, we're lucky if we can get 10 guys to hang around. I don't understand it as much after thinking about it a bit. I really don't think there was anything wrong with the 24 team format as it was. We all know this time of year interest begins to fade. But, again, the games were getting played.

Anyway, I hope we can get a full 32 owner league come August...

2. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

First, let me apologize in advance for anyone that might think I am coming off as a dick in the following reply.

Actually Moe, we still had trouble getting the games scheduled and played, I don't believe we had a single early advance (maybe one?) and actually had a couple of extensions.

But regardless, even JUST getting the games played and thinking that is enough is a slap in the face to those of us who devote our time to running this thing. Just because of the time of year, the idea that it is acceptable for owners to play their games and nothing more is really prime example of the problems that have brought us to our current state. We have had far too many owners that have carried that attitude, and it is NOT a recent development either.

Hindsight is always 20/20, but I don't agree with your assessment that the 24 user / 8 CPU arrangement was working. I have already addressed that HERE.

I am going to be honest, your decision to post a negative comment about the state of the league (and how bad it sucks) does NOTHING positive. There was no constructive criticism, just plain negativity. You could have just as easily written a positively charged post for those of us who have stayed, to breathe a little life into things. Or you could have even just said it wasn't working for you and you were electing to step down. Quite honestly I am not sure if that is you intention or not, after reading your post.

I will be addressing the league as a whole about the current state of affairs, as well as the future of 12th Man Football, but I felt compelled to pull myself away from that to express my disappointment with your post.

3. Gutcheck64

Gutcheck64 Walk On

On a positive more I just had a great game against the lions this week and am still having fun

• Like Like x 2
  4. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Sorry Jim. I guess I just let my emotions get to me. I've been a part of this group for a long time. Was away from it for a good period of time and hated not being a part of it. So just seeing so many guys drop, including Doug, kind of got to me.
    I really did think we were moving along with the previous format but, you guys would know better than me. And if you felt a change was needed, then that's what we roll with.
    My apologies for the post. Obviously I don't want to contribute to any negativity. And I will do my part to keep the league moving forward. Anything that is needed from me, including keeping my foot out of my mouth, just let me know...

• Like Like x 2
  5. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Agreed... granted the state of the league, me and Rod had a legit game the other night. Definatly sparked my engine as it went down to the very end. It shows the regardless on the amount of owners, once its your week to play its still a blast.

• Like Like x 2
  6. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Chin up boys. There is no reason this league shouldn't be the #1 PS3 Madden league on the site. The members of this league are great, many of you guys (including me till I moved to XBOX) have played together for a while. Of all the leagues I have EVER been apart of anywhere, I had never seen a core group of guys stick together season after season, game cycle after game cycle, like this league.

• Like Like x 4
  7. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

agreed!!!