Okay, EA's Site has issues!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by egofailure, Oct 8, 2010.

1. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Okay, EA's Site has issues!

Yes, it took a lot of restraint for me not to include an unedited F-bomb in the title of this thread.

Can someone please explain to me how to 1) choose and then 2) edit the order of your game's videos and pictures online? I selected the media I wanted, updated, and then lost the shit I selected. Am I the only one confused by which column is which?

Arch', I know you dig the personalized articles and shit (with user images on the cover), but whenever I try to get cute, I lose something. It really pisses me off. I had some really cool videos of my interceptions, a ridiculous example of inaccuracy that lead to a turnover on a 2 PT conversion attempt, and a sick sack. Now all I have to show for my efforts is Wake's goal line stop in the first.

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

You got connection issues? I ask because I know there was some trouble connecting with a user a while back. Any chance you need an ISP change?

3. egofailure

Arch', no connection issues at all. I'm talking about AFTER I choose/upload videos and pictures .... and THEN go to the EA website on my computer to manipulate them. Once on the league website, you can edit your article.

Once I try and do so, I see two rows of media. On the top one, there's two tabs, one for pictures and one for videos. (Plus, each picture and video has a + on it). The second row says "Selected media".

Basically, I can't figure out how to select the images/videos I want and arrange them in a preferred order without losing some of them.

4. bdub

bdub Walk On

Yeah I have problems all the time with EA's site. Always errors out on me and I have to log in again.

5. egofailure

Safari sucks and Chrome doesn't allow me to write an article (there's an ad where the message box should be), so I've been using Firefox. But the EA site is still confusing to use. I want to be able to write an article (with it looking like "Defense%20helps%20Clemson ...), post all my media, and pick what picture to have as my cover. That's all!

6. TD351

TD351 Walk On

I think the "Beta" tag is EA admitting that it needs a lot of work still- my favorite so far has been getting an error while recruiting and losing your time alloted to the player that you had selected.

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I won't recruit online for this reason.

So we want to go back to team news threads in the forums? I'd just hate to lose the vids and online articles. I read this stuff in the Dyansty Wire all the time.

8. TD351

TD351 Walk On

I agree and look at the dynasty wire a lot as well- It makes posting highlights and summaries MUCH easier - and the stats are there automatically. If this league is geared towards Dad's that have busy lives outside of the game I think this is a great tool for game summaries compared to authoring a post from scratch in the forums.

9. TD351

TD351 Walk On

I also like the way that the EA site sends out Game Recaps (as soon as a user game finishes), and week recaps when we advance-(both if you turn on under email settings) The site definatley has some problems, but I think that the automated features outweight the headaches-

10. egofailure

I'm all for using EA ... just want to learn how to organize my videos/pictures without losing them.

Also, what's up with the our self-made article titles getting fucked up?

11. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

lol a whole thread dedicated to the link I just posted HA