Oklahoma st @ #8 oregon

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mogriffjr, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Oklahoma st @ #8 oregon

OREGON OUTLASTS OKLAHOMA STATE

Sometimes you wonder how close you just bit the bullet. How close you were to actually going down. The Oregon Ducks survived Oklahoma State's jabs and tough defense to take them out 38-21.

Believe me when I say the game was a lot closer than the score suggests. Oklahoma State came out with a good gameplan, keep the ball out of the Oregon Ducks hands. Their 1st drive was a ton of RB runs up the gut of the Oregon defense as OKST kept getting key 3rd down conversions. But in what was likely the trend for the Beavers, they never got that BIG play. Instead it was Oregon who took advantage. OKST QB Steve Stevenson dropped back and was laid out by DE Lonnie McCoy. Fellow end C.Stephens picked up the rock and returned it 77 yards, outrunning and outlasting one of OKST's WR's for the opening score. Oregon would get out to a 21-0 lead and it sure seemed like Oregon was well on it's way to a laugher.

Yet, OKST kept battling, coming back with a 49 yard TD pass from Stevenson to Hughes to put it 21-7. Yet at half, OKST was staring down a 17pt hole.

Oklahoma State made some good adjustments to the Oregon attack, pressuring QB Cory Crowder and containing the speedy RB Gerald Goodman for most of the quarter. At the 2:25 mark, OKST RB R.Moses scored on a 2 yard run, cutting the score to 24-14. Oregon feeling the pressure, sent RB Goodman out on a pattern and Crowder hit him in stride to give Oregon the needed breathing room to make it 31-14. Again, OKST never quit as they scored a TD right before the end of the 3rd quater with Oregon only up by 11.

4th quarter, Oregon, already battling the tough OKST defense and the methodical offense they had shown, was just trying to play a tough final 8 minutes of football. They succeeded, scoring a tough TD with Goodman on a toss to be up by 17 and then playing tough defense, picking off OKST QB Steve Stevenson 2 times in the quarter to end it at 38-21.

OREGON STATS
    QB Cory Crowder- 14/21, 267yds, 3TD's, INT
    WR Alonzo Landry- 1/1, 63yds
    RB Gerald Goodman- 16car, 109yds, TD, 4rec, 139yds, TD
    WR Kris Moss- 4rec, 105yds
    WR Ken Burton- 2rec, 48yds, TD
    MLB Dan Moses- 9 tackles, FL, sack
    SS Kevin Bowling- 9 tackles, 3FL, INT
    ROLB Richard Garrett- 8 tackles, FL, sack
    FS Robert Cunningham- 6 tackles, INT
    FS Joseph Ross- 3 tackles, INT
    CB Mike Taylor- 3 tackles, INT
    RE Chris Stephens- 2 tackles, FR, TD

OKLAHOMA STATE STATS
    QB Steve Stevenson- 14/24, 272yds, 2TD's, 4INT's
    RB Chris Irvin- 23car, 97yds
    WR Howard Harris- 4rec, 119yds, TD
    WR George Hughes- 2rec, 58yds, TD
    SS Keron Marshall- 13 tackles, FL
    DT Kerry James- 5 tackles, FL, sack
    MLB Dustin Hollis- 3 tackles, FL, sack

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Good shit guys. Fackin Ok. State just can't catch a break....

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Two times I've faced Steel, I came out with a sigh of relief...I swear he'd do damage if he wasn't OKState lol...

imagine if he had a monster USC squad or Oklahoma...smh.

4. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Hmmm Oklahoma huh.....reading between the lines

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    LOL no secret you and USC have like the best rated teams in the league. I'm just saying he'd do damage with a team like that...no disrespect to the users of those teams :)

6. jfosh

jfosh Super

Freshman Taylor and Cunningham making an impact already. I knew it. Is that right WR Landry threw a pass. Ok. St. was a lot closer than Oklahoma last year.:D

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Cunningham is so tall...one play, Steel threw a pass to his RB...my FS (I was controller a LB at the time) raced over and what could have been a 10-15 yard gain, was only a 2 yard gain. Dude has like mid 80's awareness already...I'm glad I got him over u fosh lol.

Landry did throw a pass :)...a different wrinkle for my offense...can u guess what it is?

8. jfosh

jfosh Super

I'm going to have to scout for that dont want to be a victim. In the playbook I had last year we had a play were the QB would give the ball off then go out for the pass. I love those little plays, fun to try and fit them in. YOU GOT ALL THE GUYS OVER ME LAST YEAR!:mad::)

9. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

We played my first year here and you won by 3....not sure what kind of point you're trying to make by squeaking out a win

10. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

We played my first year here and you won by 3....not sure what kind of point you're trying to make by squeaking out a win over a league newbie...I ain't seen you since
    Please mfer, OU was rated 89 ovr last year and that wasn't in the top 2...this year they jumped to 96 ovr because of my recruiting prowess

I see you're letting that abrerration last year go to your head

11. jfosh

jfosh Super

I wasn't talking about when I beat you. You brought that up. I think Oregon scored 60 on you last year that's what I was talking about. So OK ST. was a lot closer to winning than Oklahoma.

If you wanted another game you should just say so, I was looking to upgrade my schedule so I looked for some better quality opponents. We beat the BIG-12 two years in a row.:D We dont hide at UCLA the more user games the better.

12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    yeah I wanted to try this double pass play...but it doesn't work...the game won't put my QB where he needs to be in the designed play.

13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    HA...I'm talking about in terms of the powerhouse teams...i mentioned oklahoma because year 1 you had top QB, top tier WR...beastly ends...

personnel wise, you had better than damn near all except for USC, OSU and michigan...Big 12, you definitely was tops.

Nah I'm not letting it get to my head but I'll sure to have Goodman ready to destroy Oklahoma...the best QB in the nation in Crowder to throw all over the defense...and a new wrinkle I'm slowly working into the gameplan. I already scouted the Sooners so I know what to expect...and Workman, say hi to Jerry Richard.