Oklahoma State Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hellisan, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Oklahoma State Game Summaries

[ame=http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showpost.php?p=300330&postcount=2]WEEK 1 ________[/ame]

Miami 28
    Ok. State 31 (OT)

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Code:
    [u]
    Week 1             Q1   Q2   Q3   Q4   OT   FINAL[/u]           
    Oklahoma State      7    7    0   17    0     31
    Miami               6    7    8    7    0     28
    Oklahoma State kicks game-winner as time expires to beat Miami

In a scintillating battle of Oklahoma State vs. Miami tailback Mike James, our 70 guys were finally able to defeat him with a game-winning field goal as the time ran off the clock.

James took it 82 yards on the first play of the game to put them up. We couldn't do anything. They started moving again. Luckily, James fumbled, Okie State picked it up and ran it back 89 yards to tie it.

James broke loose for a 68-yarder late in the second quarter. We tied the game before halftime with a 42-yard touchdown pass from Clint Chelf to HB Travis Miller.

Miami was the only team to put points on the board in the third, on a 1-yard touchdown run by the fullback. It looked like we had a stop around the 15, but James broke through four tackles on one play (after being wrapped up in the Madden Pro-tak shit) and got a first down.

It looked like we might pull away after we scored on the following drive, then picked off the QB and ran it back for a touchdown which gave us a 28-21 lead and we had all the momentum. Yet Miami bounced back, with Jacory Harris finding Aldarius Johnson in the end zone. I tried to user defend, but screwed myself because my end zone is orange (kinda like the ball marker) so I had no idea where it was going.

we had 5:45 left in the game. It looked like we were going to do the old "final drive" thing, but they got a great stop. We returned the favor, making them go three and out and punt it back to us. With 0:40 on the clock we completed a couple long passes down the field (their coverage falters at really inopportune times) and got into position for the game winner.

Mike James got the 229 yards on 17 carries, and 2 touchdowns. We got the win.

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Code:
    [u]Week 2             Q1   Q2   Q3   Q4   OT   FINAL[/u]           
    Arkansas            3    0    0   10    0     13
    Oklahoma State      0   10    0    0    0     10
    Oklahoma State loses in ugly fashion to Arkansas, 13-10

Written by the Winning Team, Juggs of Arkansas

I'm going from memory here, so Hellisan can correct me on anything I'm off on.

For the first 3 qtr, Arkansas fans must have felt they had entered the Twilight Zone. The okie st defense frazzeled and confused Arkansas's all world offense. Qb Ryan Mallett looked like a walk on. No one was getting open no matter what routes were being called and the running game wasn't exactly lightingy it up either. Thru 3 qtr we prob had a total of 125 yards of offense and Mallett had thrown 3 really ugly picks.

Surprisingly though, the Razorbacks defense played great and was able to keep them in the game. The front 4 stopped and often times dominated the okie st run game. And our pass defense made enough plays and tips to get the cowboys off the field.

While we felt we were getting blown out, after 3 qtr, you'd look at the scoreboard and we were only down 10-3. That's when things finally changed and seemed to go the hogs way.

With like 5-6 mins to go, Oklahoma st had the ball around midfield. Their qb made a misread trying to throw to a well covered te, and finally (after prob 10 dropped ones), an Arkansas db came up with an interception, returning it all the way to the 5 yard line. Ronnie Wingo would punch it in for the hogs, and it wad tied at 10 with under 5 to go

The cowboys wasted no time once they got the ball back. They methodically marched down the field and carved up the razorback defense, who reverted to their old ways. With the ball in the redzone, on a 3rd down, Arkansas was able to pick off another pass right at the goal line and gave the ball back to Mallett with 2 mins to go.

Finally, the all-American, 99ovr qb played like he was supposed to. He made more nice reads and passes in this last drive that the entire rest of the game combined. He hit fellow AA wr Greg childs with a pass that put the ball on okie st 25. After a run to get it to the middle of the field, ark called timeout with 5 sec to go.

Despite their attempts to ice the kicker, er....punter, the ark dual duty man was able to drill it down the middle as time expired, giving the hogs a hard fought, and often times ugly, win.

Hats off to coach helli and okie st. For most of the game he had me so frustrated I was ready to throw the controller. The 2 late turnover proved to be costly, but truthfully, they deserved to win this one.

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

copying fuck lol

5. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Couldn't cut it at UK huh?

[​IMG]

6. Blaza

He said scintillating huhuhuhuhuhuhuh

[​IMG]

7. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

wow...Blaza woke up and hit the bong bright and early I see

8. Blaza

Vape bra, the vape ;)

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

three points here... One, Kentucky and Oklahoma State are relatively similar in terms of talent. The difference is I find Kentucky to be one of the least interesting teams in all of college football, whereas I've always (always) wanted to run with Oklahoma State.

two... you gotta fucking win something to get an asterisk, right? I can guarantee that never happens for me in this league lol

Three... stop fucking Noling me bro~!

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Code:
    [u]
    Week 4             Q1   Q2   Q3   Q4   OT   FINAL[/u]           
    Baylor              0    7    0    0    0      7
    Oklahoma State     10    7    7    7    0     31
    Oklahoma State bends but doesn't break against Baylor, 31-7

Oklahoma State played basically mistake-free football, honing a game plan on the run for an opponent they'd never faced before. Our plan coming in was to wear down a relatively untalented (and thin) front 7 via the run game. On defense it was just not to give up big plays early. Then attack when we get a feel for what they want to do.

We forced an early punt then drove down for a field goal to take the lead. We tacked on a touchdown in the first quarter after getting the ball back, as Clint Chelf found a mismatch with the tight end, Justin Horton. The 59-yard pass gave us a 10-0 lead.

Baylor fought back with a long drive to score on a 1-yard run by FB Kaeron Johnson, pulling to within a field goal.

We quickly counteracted and moved back down the field. Once again we felt we had a mistmatch, this time on our running back on a wheel route out of the backfield, and it went for 23 yards and a score that put us up 17-7.

From then on at least for me, the game was about figuring out a way to stop a Baylor team that was moving the football well. Our saving grace was that we noticed what they liked to do early on and just tried to contain them and then deal with them in the red zone. They like passing over the middle, and when you have the threat of the deep ball that can be tough to stop. Once in the red zone we blitzed and kept a few guys over the middle and it resulted in a pair of interceptions that stopped seemingly sure touchdown drives.

That was the difference in the game. We scored on an 70-yard rushing play by Travis Miller in the third quarter to make it 24-7, and a 1-yard run by Jeremy Smith for the final points.

11. YaBoiPatza

YaBoiPatza Walk On

Basically in a nutshell.. One team was prepared and the other wasnt. My front 7 kept getting pushed off the ball and my OLine couldnt pick up the blitzes. Couple picks as a result of the pass rushes and blitz packages. Forgot my best player, Robert Griffin is out (AGAIN!!!) for a substantial amount of time, and didnt adjust to the different style of play my backup QB commands. You can tell OK State did their homework.