Oklahoma @ Texas

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by DJ Rhude, May 6, 2009.

1. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Oklahoma @ Texas

Oklahoma - 48
    Texas - 35

OU

PASSING
    Talley - 17/18, 256 yds, 3 TD, INT

RUSHING
    T-Rob: 31 att, 155 yds, 3 TDs

RECEIVING
    T-Rob: 4 rec, 88 yds, TD

Oklahoma went into Dallas and took care of business winning the Red River Shootout over Texas 48-35. HB Thomas Roberston powered the offense with 3 rushing TDs and one receiving TD and redshirt freshman QB Talley was solid on the road, missing one one pass all day. Talley kept his composure despite the Texas defense putting him on his back about 6 times. OU was up 48-21 in the 4th before falling asleep on defense and allowing Texas to get back in the game. A interception in the endzone with 5 seconds left thwarted Texas' last gasp attempt. GG Kinger

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Wow Talley rebounded after that nightmare at the shoe. Nice showing. Texas needs a user win!!

3. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Yeah Talley redeem himself, but so did Roberston after getting shut down at OSU

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah OSU Linebackers dont let you breath.....

5. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

gg Rhude. We've been struggling the last 2 seasons in our user games, letting some good rosters go to waste.

We got the pressure from the front 4 that I wanted and really were able to get after the QB, but the secondary just aren't making plays. The passing game lit up late but we threw 4 INTs (I think) which negates the 5 TDs.

Without a legitimate running attack we are just too one sided and can't stay in games. One thing we've always had to do without is All American running backs and it's been showing the last few seasons.

GG Again Rhude.

6. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Your front 4 is mean...I never felt comfortable in the pocket all game

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Nice game Rhude... I was talking to Bruce last night and he got the impression from talking to Kinger that you were playing Bo Jackson all game... I was like wow really, Trob is a beast. Did Jackson get some PT in this one due to Robertson's fumbling addiction?

8. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Thanks helli

Yeah I wanted to keep T-Tob fresh....if he turned yellow, in came Bo.....hence no fumbles

Bo had himself a nice lil game in the time he hit the field.....7.0 per carry

9. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

He got some decent carries. Maybe because they were big ones that it seemed he was in more.