OL Audibles in Maddel 11

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by CWT 3000, Sep 6, 2010.

1. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

OL Audibles in Maddel 11

Can anyone explain to me in detail the OL audibles; specificly aggressive and pinch? I'm trying to create a run orientated scheme and this is the first time I've actually felt motivated to incorporate these in my game.

My biggest issue is when to use either audible and what their advantages are.

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I use them like real life and so far have mixed results.

Aggressive: Used against the blitz or short "right up the middle" runs. The O-Line hold their blocks a tad bit longer. If you run to the outside using this you have a higher chance of getting a holding call. Not only will the O-Line hold their blocks but will look to leave their assignments and pick up the blitzer.

Pinch: Its when the defense looks to shoot the A gap. If you pinch the line your outside is vulnerable to blitzing OLBs or the secondary. It helps to pinch your line when the defensive line is crashing the middle, if you have a quick outside run play (normally a toss) you'll have alot of one on one opprotunities.

Run Block Left/Right: You never want to push the defense towards the way your running. Sometimes its ok if you can get a DE isolated (and he's coming on an outside rush) because its easier to just cut inside to his inside shoulder and then back out away from the pursuing LBs. Normally when you have a dominating Tackle its easier to just have him block his man away from the play. If the DE is better than your tackle (normally a speed DE) its easier to push him outside and look for running room inside. Really depends on the playcall.

What system are you on? I'm willing to help you out if need be anytime on most weekends.

~Ray~

PSN/Gamertag: JerzeyReign

3. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Awesome stuff! Thanks & I appreciate it a ton. I am on the 360 in the SMFL league. I'll have to write these down and practice some on-line. At least now I know what the point of the audibles were.