OL starting at TE

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by yankeery25, Jan 18, 2011.

1. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

i may be weird, but i never throw to my TE unless they are elite. i run the ball so much that i rly only care about blocking. would it be ok if i started a backup tackle at TE? teams do this irl when they do not have enough TEs on roster

2. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

In my opinion in situational roles I'd say it would be okay, but not all the time. Teams do it situational not all the time, but that is just my opinion. Also if you don't like your TE, then feel free to pm me, I'd be happy to get Cook Jr. off your hands.

Like I said just my opinion tho, Keller's word is ultimately what counts.

3. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

If you look at the rules and expectations thread, position substitutions are very straight forward. It clearly states what you can and can't do in subbing players. With the Oline, it states that "Oline can play any Oline position." Which means LG can play RG, or RT and so on....

I would say that this would be against the rules. Maybe I'm wrong, but we'll see what Keller says.

4. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

I agree its more of a situational thing like short yardage or goal line.

5. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Pretty much not allowed. The only thing I would allow is if you have 3TEs and 1 is out with injury so your 3rd TE is a backup olineman.

Other than that, not allowed.

6. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

ok, good thing i asked before i did it.