Old Schedule

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by Freakskull, Nov 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freakskull

Freakskull Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions.

I appreciate everyone who put their thoughts in type. I finally accept this is a "unwinnable" challenge. I really thought I could find a way that made sense from every point of view. It is a true Kobayashi Maru.The only thing I have left is "keep it fair, keep it fun."

We cannot get all 32 owners on the box all at the same time. If we could, we could perform multiple advances in a short window. Since we can not, that means a minimum 24 hour advance, otherwise its not fair. The way Madden is managed, there are too many times we have to stop for team management. Every stop on the calendar was a necessary one. Ergo, a loooong pause between having fun. Choose - unfair or un-fun?

The course of action we will take is this: Start playing the games as of now. No more sim this year. That is the only way to keep it fair, and gets everyone back to playing (which is fun, I hope.) H@W was created with the sim season as a positive trait. When the Madden cycle allows us to run a fun, fair and concise sim season, I expect to return to it. Best of luck for this season, check the calendar for the new schedule.

v/r,

8E

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  2. Freakskull

3. SwagKingCole23

SwagKingCole23 Walk On

Are injuries turned off during the sim?

4. Freakskull

Good question. I have injuries during the sim, cause the wonky way the CPU does not restart them again. I am leaning towards turning them off, as it is best for the league in my opinion. I'll talk to the team and give a definitive answer within 24 hours.
    hskr8128 RaiderRed90 Keller What are your thoughts?
    ?

5. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I could go either way on the injuries. I could see arguments both ways.

I want to ask; is it mandatory to everyone that the draft be on a Sunday? I hate to see the sim season last 3 weeks so I just wonder what kind of support there would be for a slightly consolidated schedule and a draft on a Thursday night or something?

• Like Like x 1
  6. RaiderRed90

RaiderRed90 Rage Fiend

Turning off injuries for sim is literally pointless. Why bother playing games at all of you have zero chance of facing some adversity

• Like Like x 2
  7. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I'd make sure there aren't any oddities with the simulation then I'd go for injuries if there are no adverse problems as there were previously Freakskull

8. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

3 weeks holy crap, that's way too long, just my opinion.

9. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

Freakskull RaiderRed90 hskr8128 Keller what are your opinions on doing advances in season to whatever weeks we are stopping for scouting and giving like 10 minute breaks in between weeks so the people that can do game prep, can? I don't feel like it would be unfair because the cpu can still game prep for the people that wouldn't be available

10. Freakskull

I agree. how would you shorten it?

11. HoundsOfHowl

Since you are stopping through the season you can afford to sim to super bowl. Then force Super Bowl game to be played on 29th-30th, then you have 6-7 days to prepare for draft

12. Freakskull

Here is what the schedule would look like if we simmed the playoffs. This one would create a Monday draft, unless we could squeeze out another day...

22 Nov Sunday 8PM EST - Draft begins
    23 Nov Monday 9PM EST - Deadline to get your waiver claims in.
    24 Nov Tuesday 6PM EST - Deadline to get your second round waiver claims in.
    24 Nov Tuesday 9PM EST - Deadline to get final waiver claims in. Start deciding who you want to keep, get down to 53 players.
    25 Nov Wednesday 9PM EST - Deadline to get to 53 players, advance to Season 2, in-season signing period.
    26 Nov Thursday - Thanksgiving - No activity
    27 Nov Friday 9PM EST - Deadline for in-season signing, advance through pre-season/regular season to beginning of week 8.
    Scouting break for 24 hours.
    28 Nov Saturday 9PM EST - advance to beginning of week 13.
    Scouting break for 24 hours.
    29 Nov Sunday 9PM EST - advance to Super Bowl
    Scouting Available, 48 hours to play SB
    1 Dec Tuesday 9PM EST - advance to Season 3
    2 Dec Wednesday 9PM EST - Resignings Deadline. Any player not re-signed or Franchise Tagged by this deadline will go to Free Agency.
    3 Dec Thursday 9PM EST - Stage 1 FA Period 1
    Scouting Unavailable.
    4 Dec Friday 9PM EST - Stage 2 FA Period 2
    Scouting Available, Combine!
    5 Dec Saturday 9pm EST - Stage 3 FA Period 3
    Scouting Available
    6 Dec Sunday 9pm EST - Stage 4 Scouting Final
    Pre-Draft Trading Open
    7 Dec Monday (Time to be announced) - Draft

13. greatnessdc

greatnessdc Walk On

Freakskull just my opinion. But i don't feel we need 3 waiver stages. I think 2 is more then enough. Obviously that wouldn't shed much time off but a day is a day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. HoundsOfHowl

honestlu advance to season 3 is a wasted 24 hour period, wouldn't you just advance to December 1st and begin the resigning stage?

Also, sure some people may be butt hurt by summing to SB, but think about it, we sim seasons to get more seasons in, and if your team is good enough to get to playoffs with CPU then it should be good enough to get you to SB if you build it right.

15. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

I totally get that HaW sims seasons and that is your guys thing. With that being said, the pace in the league in general could be much quicker. I think some people who have been on the site for a while can remember when virtually every league ran on a 48 hour advance schedule and that was the norm. That point aside, in regards to this schedule. How was this done before? Surely there wasnt a 5-6 week gap between games being played. That just seems extreme. I can't speak for the rest of the league but after that long of a wait I would have virtually no interest left. There has to be an intermediate solution.

16. HoundsOfHowl

Freakskull What about this option?

23 Nov Monday 9PM EST
    - Deadline to get your waiver claims in.
    24 Nov Tuesday 6PM EST - Deadline to get your second round waiver claims in.
    24 Nov Tuesday 9PM EST - Deadline to get final waiver claims in. Start deciding who you want to keep, get down to 53 players.
    25 Nov Wednesday 9PM EST - Deadline to get to 53 players, advance to Season 2, in-season signing period.
    26 Nov Thursday 9PM EST - Deadline for in-season signing, advance through pre-season/regular season to beginning of week 8.
    Scouting break for 24 hours. (I know it's thanksgiving, but if you can't get your guys cut on Tuesday or Wednesday even part of Thursday, sorry [most people aren't busy 24 hours straight on Turkey Day])
    27 Nov Friday 9PM EST
    - Sim to Week 13 (Scout)
    28 Nov Saturday 9PM EST
    - Advance to SB (scout) 48 hours)
    30 Nov Sunday 9PM EST
    - Advance to Season 3, Resign Deadline Dec 1st at 9pm
    1 Dec Tuesday 9PM EST - Stage 1 FA Period
    2 Dec Wednesday 9PM EST - Stage 2 FA
    3 Dec Thursday 9PM EST - Stage 3 FA
    4 Dec Friday 9PM EST - Stage 4 Scouting
    5 Dec Saturday 9pm EST - Draft here possibly
    6 Dec Sunday 9pm EST
    - Draft here 8pm EST again.

OR if we wanted to condense to a week. since truthfully Waivers won't take that long seeing that most people just got done with FA 2 days ago.

23 Nov Monday 5PM EST
    - Deadline to get your waiver claims in.
    23 Nov Monday 7PM EST - Deadline to get your second round waiver claims in.
    23 Nov Monday 9PM EST - Deadline to get final waiver claims in. Start deciding who you want to keep, get down to 53 players.
    24 Nov Tuesday 9PM EST - Deadline to get to 53 players, advance to Season 2, in-season signing period.
    25 Nov Wednesday 9PM EST - Deadline for in-season signing, advance through pre-season/regular season to beginning of week 8.
    Scouting break for 24 hours
    26 Nov Thursday (Thanksgiving) 9PM EST - Sim to Week 13 (Scout) (Scouting takes 5 minutes surely people can do it at advance of Wednesday night or some point during Thanksgiving day
    27 Nov Friday 9PM EST
    - Sim to SuperBowl (24 Hour if not sim) (it is a sim season, so who cares honestly)
    28 Nov Saturday 9PM EST
    - Begin Stage 1 FA
    29 Nov Sunday 12PM EST - FA Stage 2
    29 Nov Sunday 3 PM EST - FA Stage 3
    29 Nov Sunday 7 PM EST - Stage 4
    29 Nov Sunday 8 PM EST - Begin Draft

I know option 2 is going to be heavily unfavored, but theres an option to do it in a week. Which with it being a holiday week, it'll be tougher for some, but easier for others who have 4 day weekends

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I would he happy with schedule #2 above

18. Keller

You guys are probably putting unneeded stress on Freak - he's probably trying to figure out how to appease everyone, make things go faster while also playing games while also simming things and so on.... its not necessary.

Freakskull put up your schedule and stick with it. You've been here long enough to know how things are over holidays. It complicates things. There will always be bitching - ALWAYS. Some people are going to bitch that its moving too slow. Some people are going to bitch that they are missing key dates over the holidays. Some people are going to bitch that they aren't getting to play their playoff games because we sim those games or don't sim those games. Some people will bitch that there aren't enough scouting points and on and on and on it goes. The point is you can't get 32 people on the same page - I'd be impressed if you got 12 on the same page.

As I said privately - do what you think is best for the league. Since I brought everyone from Reddit over to form this league it has been on 72hr advances and a fair amount of downtime during simulated seasons. Its unavoidable. You cannot do everything. You cannot appease everyone. Do what you think is best for long term success of the league and continue moving forward like always.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I think one waiver period of submitting 10 players is plenty, these are generally just depth signings anyways. I think a two week offseason with the holidays is reasonable. Here is my suggested schedule:

Sunday: draft
    Monday: waiver claims deadline, position change deadline
    Tuesday: 53 player deadline, waiver signing deadline
    Wednesday: advance to week 6, scouting available, resignings available
    Thursday: holiday
    Friday: advance to week 11, scouting
    Saturday: advance to week 16, scouting
    Sunday: advance to conference title games
    Monday: super bowl, scouting
    Tuesday: resignings
    Wednesday: FA1
    Thursday: FA2
    Friday FA3
    Saturday: final scouting
    Sunday Draft

If conference title games and Super Bowl games can happen in 24 hr Windows, great, if not, sim

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Freakskull

You are correct, I am trying to appease everyone. Also, I am trying to stay true to the genesis of H@W, a slower paced league (for working adults) that tests/rewards your team building skills (via sim seasons) as well as your stick talent.

There is another option I am considering, that is how TMFL does its waiver process. Its simplified - Black Republican starts a thread, and posts the order of waiver precedence. Each member responds in order with the player they want. The process goes all the way through one time, then the 53 man rosters are set and the league advances. You are expected to pick only one player (only that you need and plan on keeping) and you are expected to respond ASAP.

Positives - quick, so long as the members respond quickly.

Negatives - A team that is looking to pick up multiple players may suffer. Free agents in the leftover pool are first come/first served.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Freakskull

I appreciate everyone posting their suggestions, I will generate what I think is best for the league tonight, so we are set and can start the draft hype!

• Like Like x 1
  22. Keller

I think that system is terrible fwiw.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Freakskull

Well, creating the schedule is a lot like preparing thanksgiving dinner for 31 other people. I want everyone to have a good time, but I can prepare for every individual. I want to thank everyone who added their suggestions to the thread.

I opted for a very fast schedule, since we have 31 active users (Chargers open.) I think the ability to put ten players on the waiver form allows us to condense waivers into one day. The playoffs are simmed, and I allot 24 hours for the Superbowl to be played, or else simmed. This puts us in place for a Saturday draft (the TMFL Draft is on Sunday.) We will start a thread polling a good time for Saturday. This has been added to the H@W Google Calendar.

There is a one day slip planned in here for emergencies. H@W was founded to cater to people who priorities other than Madden, but I hope that you all can get in a little time each day to support this aggressive schedule. If you are like me, you want to get back on the field.

All times are EST

SUN 22 Nov - 8PM - Draft

Everyone else has 2 minutes unless there is an emergency. Mumble details incoming. After the draft, you may move your players around (follow the rules) and look at free agents. After the draft, Submit your waiver claims using this form.
    MON 23 Nov - 9PM - Deadline to finish your waiver forms
    Awarded players will be announced in a thread ASAP. Sign them, and get to to 53 players.
    TUE 24 Nov - Roster management day
    Finish signing, cut roster to 53, set depth chart, playbooks, etc.
    WED 25 Nov - 9PM - Deadline to get to 53 players and sign waivers. Advance to Week 6
    If you do not get down to 53 by this deadline, the CPU may cut someone you wanted to keep. After Advance, perform your in-season signing and scouting. Keep in mind that you may continue negotiating during this stage as many times as you like UNLESS you piss the player off and they end negotiations. There are 4 phases for the players. Interested, Signed, Negotiating and Not Interested. The only way a player becomes Not Interested is by low-balling them or not meeting their contract demands. If a player becomes not interested, don't forget you'll still have the opportunity to Franchise a player before the beginning of next season.
    THU 26 Nov - 9PM - Thanksgiving - No activity
    FRI 27 Nov - 9PM - Advance to week 11
    Perform your in-season signing and scouting
    SAT 28 Nov - 9PM - Advance to week 16
    Perform your in-season signing and scouting
    SUN 29 Nov - 9PM - Advance to Superbowl
    Scouting Available, 24 hours to play Superbowl and Re-signings Deadline. Any player not re-signed or Franchise Tagged by this deadline will go to Free Agency.
    MON 30 Nov - 9PM - Advance to Season 3 Stage 1 FA Period 1
    Scouting Unavailable.
    TUE Dec 1 - 9PM - Advance to Stage 2 FA Period 2
    Scouting Available, Combine!
    WED 2 Dec - 9PM - Advance to Stage 3 FA Period 3
    Scouting Available
    THU 3 Dec - 9PM - Advance to Stage 4 Scouting final
    Pre-draft trading open
    FRI 4 Dec - 9PM - Flex day - allows the schedule to slip one day for emergencies.
    SAT 5 Dec - (Time to be announced) Draft for Season 3

I will add this to the first post...

• Like Like x 1
  24. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

anyone?

25. RaiderRed90

RaiderRed90 Rage Fiend

You talking like advance week by week to the set spot for that day?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.