Ole Miss 2014 Season Preview....

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by OMlawdog, Oct 25, 2010.

1. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

As the reigning National Champions, here is a season preview of your reigning National Champions. So here ya go, your reigning National Champions season preview:

QB: Huge loss with Raymond Cotton off to the USFL where he will run for a 1000 yards a season. He was an underrated passer, and really moved the chains with his feet. He is being replaced by a three headed monster in Vernon Wright a true freshman QB from Pennsylvania who has 90 speed, and a solid arm, unfortunately though he has no idea where it is headed. Backing him up will be Ryan Mitchell and Ron McDowell. Clearly not settled at the QB spot.

RB: We are replacing Rodney Scott, and it won't be easy. Eric McNeal and Kevin McKeon will take first stab at replacing the MVP of the National Title game, and look for Jeff Scott and Dwayne Quinn to provide a nice change of pace.

WR: Look for a big year from Vincent Sanders and Q Mireless. Sanders has waited patiently and has all kinds of talent, and could have a really big year. Mireless is very fast, and could be a matchup problem for lots of teams. Behind these two, are not much and it could really ugly, really fast.

OL: We return all but 1 starter, and the OL really hit the weights in the offseason. Gabe Douglass will anchor the OL at LT and we expect big things out of this OL. Roy Lynch at C, and Shawn Bryant at RT, all over 83, and all three of them are sophmores, so the future looks really bright.

DL: Strength of the team. Trevor Archer, Carlton Martin, Carlos Thompson and Ron Robinson make up a fantastic DL. Speed, size and also depth with Mike Thomas backing up Archer and Martin, along with Al Rice and Brian Castillo backing up Thompson an Robinson. The DL should be fresh, and should cause lots of problems for opposing offenses.

LB: Young but should be really good. Lonnie Carter and Luke Johnson, both sophmores, look to anchor the LB corp, with Steve Haumiller only a Junior at the other OLB spot. Clarence Jackson and TJ Carlson backup these guys, and they have talent as well.

CB: This unit is starting to come around. John Davis, and future 1st round pick Dennis McGill get the starting nod at CB, with Leroy Day and RJ stevenson manning the Nickel and Dime spots. Day and Stevenson would have been the best CB's on any Ole Miss team since the game kicked off, yet this year they are 3rd and 4th corner. We are redshirting guys that would normally have started, so this group is going to be strong for years to come.

S: Hoping for a big year from Antwan Jackson. He is a big rangy SS, that made some big plays last year and we need the big plays to continue. Biggest hole on the defense is FS, with Jeff McKinney taking over for three year starter Frank Crawford. If he can be adequate, we could have a really special defense.

The schedule does Ole Miss no favors, as they have Alabama as the first game on the schedule, and they have to travel to Boston College for a return game due to last year's home and home mix up. As usual, we have LSU on the schedule as well. So far I haven't been within 7 points of Alabama, but hopefully this year will be the exception.

If the QB play can be adequate and the OL keep progressing, a 10 win season is within reach. This isn't a National title contender, but should be in the SEC west race up until the end.

2. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

[​IMG]
    I stopped reading right here.....

3. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I know, and talk about snubbing. Not even a mention of Miss St in the schedule for this years rematch after how close it was last season...

4. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I thought you would like that.