Ole Miss 24, Nebraska 21

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hellisan, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Jeff Scott accounted for all each of the Ole Miss Rebels' three touchdowns as he ran for two and caught another for a touchdown in a taught 24-21 victory in Oxford.

Early on we looked and felt awful including getting stuffed when trying to run, and nobody open in the passing game. Nebraska put together a nice drive that resulted in a 14-yard touchdown pass from Martinez to Marlowe.

After getting a big stop thanks to an interception, Ole Miss got a huge gain on a middle screen (ban this play!) and subsequently Mackey found Scott on a screen pass out of the backfield for a short touchdwon to tie the game. Near the end of the half, Nebraska took a 14-7 lead with T. Marlowe's second TD reception of the game.

Ole Miss received the kickoff in the second half and it was here that Scott really went to work. He busted off a 61-yard touchdown pass right up the middle that tied the game at 14. After an Ole Miss field goal gave them a 17-14 lead, Scott broke off another long run, this of 64 yards. He took the inside handoff and saw two guys coming free up the middle, juked to the outside, cut back inside another player and was gone.

The Mo machine went into high gear with just 2 minutes left on the clock but we made them work for the inevitable touchdown on a 2-yard scramble by Martinez. We mostly held Martinez in check through constant spying, but he was able to break off a 26-yarder in netting just 3 yards on 9 attempts due to 5 sacks.

We recovered the onside kick attempt and once again it was Jeff Scott who broke loose to seal the game before we kneeled it out.

Good game Mo, I thought early on you were going to destroy us but we found the solution (for now) by bringing lots of pressure. Anytime I sat back you just picked me apart at will.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Scott was the difference...I just couldn't wrap this little guy up...he put in MAJOR work, and when the top RB went out, it seemed like a blessing in disguise for you lol...meanwhile it wasn't for me :(

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Scott is actually the starting HB, but the plan is for he and Enrique Davis to basically split carries. Since Scott isn't really the workhorse type, I know that if I keep him fresh he'll be deadlier.