Ole Miss at Vandy

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Pac12Leader, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

Ole Miss at Vandy

What a crazy game, I couldn't pull in front by more than a touchdown. Every time I had the lead and the ball I would fumble it away. In the fourth quarter I actually fell behind from fumbling the ball away and they kicked a field goal to go up by three. As I'm driving down field and milking the clock in the process I finally make it into field goal range with about 3 minutes to play. I see the defense lined up in the formation I'm looking for and audible to an option play. Brandon Bolden gets the toss and looks like he's going to bowl through the safety, but he's stripped at the goal line and recovered by Vandy at the 1 yard line.

The refs check the replay and confirm the call on the field. On 1st down Ole Miss sends the house and the RB is met in the backfield by the All-American Gerald Rivers immediately after the handoff. Safety!!

We get the ball with about 1:15 to play and we have three timeouts. We felt this was plenty of time and ran the ball all the way up field and scored the go-ahead touchdown and also got the two point conversion to go up by 7.

Just barely survived. I've got some highlights updated on the EA page

http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_user_state=system#module=moduleStoryView&story=$0025ae77b2e6_1973F_6A5C05A4&dynid=104255&sku=662A0001&sid=1&wknum=5