Ole Miss downs MSU for SEC Championship Game Berth

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hellisan, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Ole Miss and Miss. State had a game that was a bit anticlimactic as I think we were both looking forward to a hard-fought knock-down, drag-out fight and any other over-used descriptors you can add in. Instead it just seemed like the Rebels played loose and physical and just kind of ran away with this one.

We had the ball first after MSU elected to kick off, and couldn't do anything. After a punt and a first down, Keith Thompson took a keeper off the left tackle and then plowed through two guys practically gaining speed as he went 60 yards to put MSU on top 7-0. And that was the end of the fun for the Bulldogs.

Ole Miss went on a succession of big plays the rest of the first quarter... a 53-yard bomb to Gavin Fine set up a 6-yard scoring toss a few plays later from Huff to Fine that tied it. We forced a quick three and out, and Jacob Gray took the punt back 72 yards, weaving past the punter to get into the end zone and we were up 14-7, Thompson threw an interception to CB Matt Morris and on the next play Huff found Moncrief on a comeback route. The defensive back went for a big hit and whiffed, allowing the fastest player in the nation a 50-yard scoring reception and it was 21-7.

The rest of the game it was Marquice Caldwell time, as the Ole Miss line started leaning on 'em a little bit and the beefy Caldwell just refused to be taken down easy most of the time. He had a couple negative plays but would often get into the second level and start shrugging off a tackle or two before dragging a few guys down with him. He scored on a 1-yarder to dcap off a long drive in the third quarter and give us a 28-7 lead, before the MSU QB coughed one up on a huge hit and Trevor Gaines picked it up and ran it back in.

GG smlVICTORIES53 and better luck next year. I think we are both itching for the type of game we have had in the past...

2. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I have no illusions of ever playing close user games anymore. This game makes absolutely no sense and in all honesty I'm finding it hard to see myself playing anymore user games.

3. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

You want out bro? you ain't gonna just go on auto for user games. I know you hate the game... If you just can't stand it anymore now's your chance.