Ole Miss Preseason

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Pac12Leader, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

Ole Miss Preseason

http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_us...92570&dynid=50576&sku=662A0001&sid=0&wknum=31

Houston Nutt doesn't have the Dexter McCluster type of athlete to control the offensive tempo like he last year, but he might have the best running back tandem in the SEC. Alabama fans may scoff at the idea, but Branden Bolden and Enrique Davis are both checking in around six feet tall and 220lbs and should be able to wear down defenses while they share the load. The problem for the Runnin Rebels is that Jevan Snead's opting for the NFL draft a year early leaves the offense without a proven quarterback. Coach Nutt has already said that he will use both Nathan Stanley and Raymond Cotton situationally. Erin Andrews and Tradition Football's news cast caught up with Cotton to discuss his expectations for the season and he said "When I spoke to my agent, I mean "friend", he told me that I've got a great chance of going in the first round if I enter the draft this year". Andrews brought up the fact that he's not on Mel Kiper's Big Board and not even currently slated to be the full-time starter, but she understood his reasoning when she found out that he is close friends with the agent that convinced Snead to enter the draft, only to see his name not get called after 236 picks.

On the flip-side of the ball, Jerrell Powe is finally cleared academically and he's teaming up with Kentrell Lockett at DE to hopefully put some fear in opposing offensive lines. Powe is one of the top defensive tackles in the country and will likely be facing constant double teams and could open up some holes for the defensive ends. The defensive line is the strength of the team with power in the middle combined with speed coming off of the edges, and they will need to get pressure from the front four if they expect the linebackers and secondary to create turnovers.

The three toughest games on the schedule are all on the road for Ole Miss with Alabama, LSU, and future first-round and NFL quarterback Ryan Mallett of Arkansas. There is plenty of experience and leadership on defense, but they will simply need to play hungrier if they want to compete for the SEC championship this year.

2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

great job Pac12.....Mallet plans on tearing up the Ole Miss secondary and we plan on keeping our HB in all game to protect him.