Ole Miss Rebels

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Mogriffjr, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Ole Miss Rebels

OFFENSE- Ole Miss has a lot of speed...primarily the RB and the WR...despite this, he doesn't go overboard with it at all...he runs pretty much a west coast offense...their primary WR routes are slants (1), drags (2) and a few curl and outs...nothing really that went past the 20 yard mark aside from a handful. Slants are his go to routes so good luck with that. Also liked hitting his back out the backfield...Running wise he's patient, but once he's outside, it's a wrap and he'll be gone.

Defensively, I believe he lpays with the LB and safety...good user skills...blitz comes hella quick if he does...honestly for me, I was happy he went to zone because the pressure wasn't so quick. On run downs, he liked to shift his DL to the strong side or the side with the TE.

2. ogode

ogode Guest

The talent will only get better here. You all know he has speed, what killed me was not his running game but screens, and short passing game. His HB's are what he seems to build the whole gameplan around.

3. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Screens, HB sweep and Toss, and the deep throw are what the offense revolves around.

4. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I try to mix it up a little more than that, and this season I will be opening up the offense this season.

5. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

LOL, i know. Those are the plays IMO that really are the game changers for you. You do vary the offense, but i just felt those were the plays that are the hardest to defend because of the excessive amount of speed that you have, so i was just trying to keep it as simple as possible.

Didn't mean it to come across as negative. Sorry if it did.

6. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Not at all, I just know that I like Im sure everyone does worries that he picks the same plays too often.

I know when I play BBJ in TTII that Im going to get a deep post to his 6'5" receiver pretty much half of the time, lol.

I don't normally throw the ball deep, but this year I have some real weapons on Offense and Im going to open up the offense if I can.

I didn't take your post to be negative at all.