Ole Miss settles for Rose Bowl win 30-7

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hellisan, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

After a tremendously lucky win against Oregon State early in the season when Ole Miss was forced to kick a FG in overtime but then caused and recovered a fumble for the win, the Rebels faced off against the Beavers in the Rose Bowl.

The Rebels were looking to finish #2 in the dynasty for like the 5th time in a row. .. Always the bridesmaid...

What can I say. I think we started legitimately playing well in the second half, but the first half we were outplayed and yet had a 10-0 lead at halftime. Oregon State had about 5 dropped passes in the first half alone. Those speed guys must be all nicknamed "Kid Granite" because they'd catch it and just lose it when they got hit. There were another 2-3 completely errant balls to open receivers. You'd have to ask mboda if he was pressing and leading too far or if the QB was just out of his mind bad in this game. But suffice to say I've never seen anything like it.

We opened the scoring when we caught them in a cover 2 style look with the TE filling a pretty sizeable gap and scoring from 17 yards out. We then tacked on a FG in the second quarter as our defense was playing o.k. but also benefitting from those devastating drops. When they weren't dropping passes or overthrowing receivers, we were getting sacks. So we led 10-0 at halftime.

We stopped them to start the second half. Lefty QB Mike Singletary, subbing for Terrence Robbins after I saw two horrible throws on the first drive, threw a 44-yard strike to a wide open Tony Cain in the back of the end zone - we then aded a field goal late in the quarter and were looking good.

Oregon State went down and scored a TD on a 20-yard pass from Brothers to Gilbert. We then added a FG to make it 23-7 with 3:43 to go, then ran a cover 2 blitz and simply fooled Brothers who threw it right to Dale Jefferson who returned it for a TD and the 30-7 final score. Jefferson added a pick moments later and we ran out the clock.

GG mboda I think you got screwed in the 1H but players with good hands couldn't hurt either... It will come, I think you will just get harder and harder to beat.

2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Great...

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Haha