Ole Miss throttles Miss. State in Egg Bowl with pure skill

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hellisan, May 2, 2012.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Feb 10, 2009
    Just kidding... As usual have to throw in luck... like throwing a pass straight to a CB and he can't nab it. In the end we played well but probably well enough for a game that came down to the wire or a close win, not a 27-7 score which was the final outcome. Dropped passes and other mistakes killed Miss. State and we were on our games other than the aforementioned bad read, and a lucky fumble recovery after our HB coughed it up in traffic.

Knowing it would be a low scoring game most likely, we took care of the ball early in the game and kicked a field goal rather than going creative and going for a TD. Got us some momentum. We tacked on a tocuhdown on a 4-yard run by Matt Hall after getting a key 3rd down stop on 3rd and short.

Miss. State was still in the game but their QB was hit while trying to throw the ball away, and since I was blitzing with my MLB, I was literally right on top of the ball when it hit the turf, picked it up with Foreman and rumbled 52 yards to make it 17-0. We stopped the Bulldogs once more before the half.

Miss. St had two possessions and we had one before clicking with 3:55 to go on the 3rd quarter... Ward found Dan Bailey out of the backfield on a perfect screen pass, something they weren't expecting, and Bailey followed his blocks for an easy TD from 58 yards out that made it 24-0. This was typical of our execution on the day, pass blocking and route running was very good.

Miss. State put together a complete drive and scored on their next possession to make it 24-7. We managed to contain them from there on out, including PR Dan Bailey coming up to intercept a lame duck thrown by the P down the field on a fake punt, and the final tally of 27-7 was reached via 4th qtr field goal.

gg dude.