Ole Miss wins a snoozer against Miss. State

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hellisan, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I really thought I would never end up getting a win against Mr. Walker..... Really and truly. His style just death to me. As George Carlin would have said, our games are like watching flies fuck.

Here's how this one unfolded, sorry for the lack of details as I am running short on time.

We got the ball early on and punted. A miracle interception of a screen pass attempt resulted in an early field goal when we couldn't punch it in, and we tacked on another field goal in the first quarter for a tenuous lead. That's how the first half ended as the fans could be seen shifting uncomfortably in their seats hoping something interesting would happen.

Miss. State dominated the ball near the end of the first half, then took the opening kickoff and embarked upon a long drive that took just over 7 minutes off the clock. The score was setup by a great play call where the Bulldogs either called or audibled to a counter run out of shotgun and we simply were not ready, resulting in a long run into the scoring area. That set up a 1-yard plunge for LaDarius Perkins and a 7-6 lead.

Miss. State had the ball again and were on another needle-into-the-eyeballs drive when they were faced with a 4th and inches in field goal range. The field goal was a good call in my mind (something I would/will do every single time) and they kicked it to take a 10-6 lead. Therefore we needed a TD, and there was no indication from our earlier drives that we could get one.

On the biggest play of the game for us, Randall Mackey dropped back and went through his progressions on the left side. 1, 2, 3, all covered. HIs eyes shifted back to Melvin Harris on a 10-yard hitch on the right side. Wide open. After Harris caught it, he slipped a tackle and went 51 yards down inside the 10-yard line. A couple of plays later, Jeff Scott plunged in to give us the lead and the win.

After the game, the Miss. State coach insisted that he should have gone for that 4th and inches and not given us the ball back for the rest of the game. I disagree, the right call was made, the team just didn't execute thereafter.

gg smlVICTORIES53

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

a snoozer with sml's? you got to stop talking to him in party's man, his voice is like a metronome.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

We weren't talking much; it's Perry that gets me off my game, he drones on and on about random-ass shit.

SMLS snaps his fingers to keep his dog on its P's and Q's and sometimes I think he may have me hypnotized to make stupid play calls whenever he snaps his fingers.

4. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

:p

5. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Good game helli. As twist would say...Jedi mind tricks?