Olympic Event- Men's Hockey

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by hoodlum10, Feb 16, 2010.

1. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Olympic Event- Men's Hockey

What do you guys think about hockey for these Olympics?

As a big Blackhawks fan I'm excited that Pat Kane is the face of USA Hockey, but I'll be holding my breath just like all other Hawks fans every time one of the six Hawks in these games takes the ice. An injury could ruin their very realistic shot at a Stanley Cup this year.

As for the games themselves, nobody is giving the US any love but I actually think they will surprise. Everyone is going with Canada, Russia, and Sweden but I really think Ryan Miller will be a stud in net and the likes of Kane, Zach Parise, and Dustin Brown will do enough damage offensively to have America in medal contention.

Projected Medal Outcome
    GOLD: Canada
    SILVER: Russia
    Bronze: United States

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I know it is womens, but USA -13 Russia - 0, yowza

3. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Ya and the Canadian women beating whoever they played first 18-0!

But I'm with Hood I hope our men do well. They got off to a good start today

4. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

The Canadian women won 18-0 over the weekend.

I thought it was a solid victory earlier for the US, but the defense has to improve

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

How about the mens curling match against Norway, that shit was epic.

6. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

HUGE game this evening, USA-Canada should be a great one to watch, hopefully we can shock the world

7. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Yeah shock the world with a 10-0 loss :)

8. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Well hood they did it. Beat the canadians 5-3 now hopefully we don't have a let down in the next round.

9. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Nbc blew this by not having it on its major network. NBC has blown the olympic coverage again. Wish a different network would take this stuff over

10. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Ya I've never been a real big NBC sports fan. Ever since Sunday night football went to NBC it has been a step back from previous years

11. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

A few thoughts....What a game!!

That was a great effort, Ryan Miller absolutely stood on his head

I was kinda surprised Canada didn't burn to the ground last night

NBC did mess up big time, there is no reason that game shouldn't be broadcast in HD

USA plays the winner of Switzerland/Belarus, so we should be into the medal round barring disaster

I'm curious to see where Canada goes from here, will they stick with Brodeur or go with Luongo in net

12. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

I am not a Hockey fan and I have never watched a complete hockey game, BUT that was a very entertaining sporting event right there. I was shocked that as much hype as there was made of this event that NBC had it in standard definition.

13. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

After seeing the game I'd have to say the 'Face of USA Hockey" is a 2 headed combo of Ryan Miller and Brian Rafalski, both those guys played out of their minds.

It was unreal to me how poorly USA's D was in the first period, but Canada returned the favor in the 2nd.

Broduer I thought played pretty well, USA went right after him, really banging him and shielding him and his guys didnt do a good job of re-establishing space for him to work.

Conversely even though USA's mid Ice D was pretty sucky, I thought except for Crosby's goal they, worked well when Canada was in their offense. And gave Miller the space and protection to make saves.

It sure seemed like the game has better flow and more action than your average NHL game, and I couldnt figure it out, until my Wife reminded me that all the bangers dont get invited. so maybe thats why it seemed more fun.

14. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

Congrats to the U.S. on the big win. Miller was huge. Yes they are yanking Brodeur and playing Luongo now. Canada plays tonight against Germany for the privilege to play Russia tomorrow night.

Could be that Canada and the U.S. will play again, but we can't get ahead of ourselves up here.

Big win, American hockey is very respectable. I am a Canucks fan, so it is hard to watch Ryan Kessler do so well for the U.S., I thought he played a great game.

15. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Game of the tournament so far tonite w/ Canada vs Russia. Hopefully NBC chooses to run it on the main channel/coverage in HD and not bury it on MSNBC with no HD coverage (atleast here in NY) like they did w/ USA vs Canada

16. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

The Canada/Russia game is on CNBC so it should be HD, hopefully the US doesn't take the Swiss too lightly this afternoon