OMFL CUP Bracket, Rd.1- Jets (48) @ Cowboys (38)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by klaximilian, Jul 24, 2010.

1. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

OMFL CUP Bracket, Rd.1- Jets (48) @ Cowboys (38)

This game was one giant highlight film for both teams. The Jets jumped out to a 17 point lead early after a huge Dustin Keller TD on the 2nd play of the game.
    [YOUTUBE]BC-ilIaezrs[/YOUTUBE]
    Shortly after, the Jets forced a turnover on the 2nd play for the Cowboys O, on a Wildcat play, an ill-advised lateral ended up in Calvin Pace's hands. The Jets capitalized on the turnover as Mark Sanchez threw a perfect pass to Cotchery for a 9 yard TD.
    [YOUTUBE]6oaKtPsrZdo[/YOUTUBE]
    The Cowboys would strike back and scored 14 unanswered, but the Jets would respond with 14 points of their own, including 7 points here on a jailbreak blitz which left Roy Williams alone on Revis Island. Uh oh...
    [YOUTUBE]st8RbsbJZ2Q[/YOUTUBE]
    Braylon Edwards found space behind the Cowboys zone to go up by a score of 41-31 late in the 3rd QTR.
    [YOUTUBE]8cBM8bdWw_4[/YOUTUBE]
    My favorite play of the game. Facing a 2nd and 18 after a delay of game and a sack, the Jets dug deep into their bag of tricks and threw a screen pass to converted QB/WR Brad Smith, who then found an open David Clowney for a 22 yard gain, and a 1st down in which the Jets eventually turned into 6 points.
    [YOUTUBE]N_cFsUUmZ44[/YOUTUBE]
    Later in that same drive, Leon Washington would find a seam and juke a defender out of his shoes en route to 6 more points which gave the Jets a commanding 48-31 lead.
    [YOUTUBE]q2pe4pwr5_Q[/YOUTUBE]

The Cowboys would add another 7 points, but the score was stay at 48-38 as the Jets advance to the double elimination tourny and play Jeremy, 2x OMFL Bowl Champ.

2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

GG Wajy. You are a competitor for sure. The game was fun. Story of it was turnovers, which clearly favored me. (7-1)

Hope to see you in a game soon!

3. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Yeah I quit running the ball way too early in the game. GG Scik

4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

nice highlights and congrats on the win. that WR option pass was a good one.

5. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

That play burned me bad. I felt like a fool on that one

6. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Well to be completely fair, Brad Smith can really chuck the ball.