OMFL CUP HUGE QUESTIONS

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigox1337, Jul 5, 2010.

1. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

OMFL CUP HUGE QUESTIONS

If we are only playing each person in our group once, then what decides which team has home? The only way to do it without someone getting shafted it to do home and away group play where you play everyone twice but groups A and B will have to play 10 games if you do the structure that way. Dont know if some owners can get that many games in a couple weeks. All with the playoffs going on too.

Any ideas?

I also read that if you dont complete all your games in group play then you will be disqualified from the touney. One person being inactive will get two ppl kicked out. Group play will only work if all games are played. Its like Team A is 2-1 in a 4 team group, Team B is 2-0, Team C is 1-2, Team D is 0-2. Team D knows he is done and cant advance and goes MIA, Team B plays Team D last but Team D is gone? Will 2-0 Team B be disqualified?

I think the best course of action might be restructuring the groups so they have ideally 4 random teams max and then do a home-away play so that makes 6 games in group play(which isnt that much more than what some groups have to play now) then single elimation bracket with seeding determining which team has home

Or maybe seed every precipitate backwards with the worst record getting the 1 overall seed etc and then use that to determine who plays home or away, higher seed plays home...

I know im not running this thing, just better to get the kinks out of it now before we are really pressed for time with Madden 11 coming out. Shame to play a bunch of games only for everyone to switch over to madden 11 and abandon the OMFL cup tourney

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Good questions Ox.

gaddy and I tried to play yesterday and I wondered same thing about home\away. Dunno what the answer is.

On the disqualification part, I would assume if you are trying to get your group games scheduled and your opponent is slacking, you should be good,same as the league. You may just get the W or something of that nature.

3. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

That would work.

As for who plays home/away, I think the best course of action would to leave the groups the way they are and backwards seed everyone by this seasons week 16 rankings so the teams with poor records will get to play mostly homegames and the winners this season will get mostly away games in the touney...

I dunno, just bouncing ideas around

4. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I've already had this convo with Ox, but I personally don't care about who is home/away. I really dont see much of a difference in Madden in regards to home field advantage.

5. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

I say all games are played in Hawaii

6. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Im on board with that...lol.

7. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

that's a cool idea too. i told dunlap we need his input asap

8. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

can we choose venue when playing unranked game?

9. Big D

Big D Walk On

Alright guys, just talked to Nate and Jeremy a bit and here are the answers to your questions.

1) All games will be played in Hawaii!!! That is a great idea. Whoever initiates the game invite will have a chance to choose the field. . .make it Hawaii. Also, whoever initates the game invite is the home team on the scoreboard. The easiest way to do this is team with the latter letter in the alphabet will do this and be the defacto 'home' team. This will be a little reward since these teams usually got shafted by the dumb tiebreaker system.

2) If we see that you are actively trying to schedule your game in the scheduling thread, and the other team just won't answer and won't play you. . .then you will be given an automatic win. The other team that did not try to schedule will face some stiff consequences. We see this as being pretty darn bad, a lot worse than on a normal week because you have 2+ weeks to get 3 or 5 games in. This shouldn't be an issue.

***ALSO, remember to keep the game results thread the correct way. All game results go in once thread for EACH team. And BOTH teams must post results for each game. This will make it much easier to track.

Thanks guys and enjoy. I will be creating a standings thread soon!

10. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

thanks dunlap

Weather settings? Can i make it snow in Hawaii?

11. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Hell yes.

12. Big D

Big D Walk On

Lol. No...let's use real time weather settings (the default setting) please! Haha

13. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

So I can't make it rain in Hawaii, literally and figuratively?

14. Big D

Big D Walk On

No...please dont! haha

15. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

haha nice