OMFL Homecoming?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

OMFL Homecoming?

Coach Winuvas back in the OMFL?

by Adam Chiefsman
    Blogger, Kansas City Star

After an exciting, action packed game against the Jets five months ago, Coach Winuvas called it an OMFL career, citing personal obligations with other personal interests that pulled his attention in different areas, not allowing him full concentration on his head coaching duties.

Five months later, rumors abound that Coach Winuvas has been floating around the OMFL league offices and talking to owners and general managers about a possible coaching job when the new season starts.

Coach Winuvas attempted to answer the rumors in a one-on-one interview with me earlier today.

"Well, Adam, some guys in the OMFL have asked me about some things I am not at liberty to mention. A job in the OMFL, if available, would be intriguing to me, but if it's not available, I am quite happy with my current occupation in the NCAA with the South Carolina Gamecocks," Coach Winuvas chatted. "However, a job in the OMFL would cause me to leave my coaching duties with the Gamecocks and pursue the OMFL with a renewed vigor."

Further rumors have the coach, who is a mathematics major from his college days, helping out with restructuring the collective bargaining agreement, specifically involving cap restructuring.

"Adam, I can't comment on any rumors at this time. When the league leadership wants to share things with you and others in the media, they will do so. Until then, this is as close to a 'scoop' as you will get," Coach Winuvas said.

So, two questions abound: 1. Will Coach Winuvas patrol the sidelines in 2010-11? And 2. What type of restructuring might be referred to in the rumors? As soon as we find out here, we'll be sure to report and let you know the latest.