*** - OMFL Moving to Premier Status - EVERYONE READ & RESPOND - DONATE HERE ***

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, May 14, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

*** - OMFL Moving to Premier Status - EVERYONE READ & RESPOND - DONATE HERE ***

*DONATE HERE NOW*

To all OMFL owners,

All of us on the board of commissioners would like to thank everybody for the effort you all have put in to make this truly the most organized and well run Madden league in existence. As long time Madden players can attest to, there isn't a league out there with a group of owners this dedicated to simulation style football and building a community of great players and friends. Thank you all!

After getting imput from the league a whole, we are going to take the next step to make this league even better. Even though we are without a doubt the most organized and simulation style league out there, the one thing that we need to separate us from the 'other' leagues in more content and a kick ass website. We explored our options, including going 'independent' and starting our own site. However, our relationship with Tradition Football is great and as their Madden base continues to grow it will only help foster our development as a league. They approached us with an offer to build us a content heavy website and expand our capabilities within the forums. After deliberation, we have decided to accept their offer and become a Premier League here at TF. . .their only premier Madden league.

This transition process will last through our current Season 3, as we should be pretty much fully integrated by the time Madden 11 hits the shelves. In order for us to be able to become a 'Premier Level' franchise, a monetary investment is needed. I have spoken individually with nearly all of you to gauge what our financial capacity as a league would be, and that helped in our decision. We are asking all of our owners to donate money to the OMFL 'Trust Fund' that we will us on the following things:

1) Our annual league fee for TF Premier League status
    2) Purchase actual trophies for OMFL Bowl Champs and other awards that we will send to the winners after each season.
    3) Purchase software that will allow us to upgrade content including podcasts and stat trackers.
    4) Help 'sponsor' those less fortunate owners for the premiership if they can't afford it.

If you'd like more information on the premiership, please download our podcast and listen to our interview with Rynoaid as he explains it all in detail (the interview starts right off the bat).

One thing I will assure you is that EVERY PENNY of what you donate will go right towards this league and making it better. Nobody here will be taking any 'admin fees' or anything like that. This goes straight towards the advancement of this league.

Again, I have spoken with most of you via AIM. We now are asking that you make the donation we talked about by clicking on the link below. Your donation amount will remain confidential as only Nate and I will have access to those records. I would ask you to make the same donation amount you talked with me about.

For those of you that didn't speak with me, please feel free to send me a PM or AIM message. If you cannot afford a donation at this time, please let me know immediately as we will try to work with you. I would ask that if this is the case, you would PM me right away.

OK. Now to donate I need you to click on the 'DONATE HERE' button below and follow the promtps on the paypal site. Be sure to enter the amount of donation (don't leave it blank!). You can use a credit/debit card, or paypal account to do this.

*DONATE HERE NOW*

Thank you all for donating and helping us take the next step with this league. I would ask you that once you donate to simply send me a PM indicating you have done this so I can follow up to see if there are any issues. Oh, and if you donate at least $50, you will get a lifetime premier membership with Tradition Football, that will carry over to future OMFL seasons and any other TF league you wish to be a part of.

We are asking all owners to donate some amount to continue to be an OMFL owner when Madden 11 kicks off. Again though, if you have financial issues please send me a PM and we will see what I can do to help you out!

And a final note that I must remind everybody of. Even though we greatly appeciate all donations, the rules and regulations of the OMFL will still apply to everybody. A monetary investment in this league will not excuse bending or breaking the rules we have in place that have made this league so great!

Thanks guys. And again, thanks for everything through this Madden 10 season, and thanks for all of your donations. I'm sure Nate will chime in with some additions to this in the coming hours as well.

DEADLINE FOR DONATION IS JUNE 10th!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMFL TRUST FUND DONOR LIST - Updated 6-7-10

-Nate
    -Jeremy
    -Claven
    -Shuffman
    -Dunlap
    -Vishal
    -Bluebean
    -Tankwillis
    -Weblink
    -Sammy

TF PREMIER MEMBERS

-Nate (automatic as commish)
    -Claven (automatic as co-commish)
    -Dunlap (automatic as co-commish)
    -Jeremy: annual
    -Frisk: lifetime
    -Shuffman: annual
    -TRude: lifetime
    -Cimmy: lifetime
    -Bamagrad: annual
    -Hurricane: lifetime
    -SaintsDave: lifetime
    -Vishal: lifetime
    -StevenRhysCann: annual
    -Bluebean: annual
    -Savaunte: annual
    -Mustang: annual
    -PBates: annual
    -Chrisdstan: annual
    -Tankwillis: annual
    -Weblink: annual
    -Gaddy: annual
    -Jethro: annual
    -Joseph: annual
    -Sammy: annual

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Saints are signing off. Great post. You hit all the parts that I asked.

Let me just go over one more thing before I go.

We expect EVERYONE to donate. If you do not donate then we expect a reason why. If you can't afford to donate then we totally understand and you will be anonymously taken care of with no problem. If you do not donate and you didn't simply because you did not want to donate, then your spot will not be held for 2k11 and you will be removed from the OMFL. The board has my back and you must understand that if this league isn't good enough for you to donate something (the minimum 1 year bid is $12, a $1 a month!) then I can't give you someone elses hard earned cash to pay for your spot.

This is a great thing for this league and a great thing for TF. They have meet us in the middle and with doing this we will not only add a bunch of cool stuff (listen to podcast for a breakdown) but we will get a killer website and we will have end of the year give aways to the champ and other stuff that will simply put the OMFL over the top.

I am a student pastor and I'll be frank with everyone. $12 is about the max I can do and not be murdered by my wife, but I am going to do what I can because I know this is going to make the OMFL the best around.

I have faith in the TF and the OMFL Board to say without a doubt that if you don't get your $12 worth out of the OMFL in fair play, good rules, awesome offseasons, and just all around blast - then I will give you your money back. The TF and the OMFL will have a great partnership and this is going to be awesome for us.

Please send dunlap a message stating if you will donate or not donate. If you donate then please let him know how much you will be putting in the paypal. Remember to do this so that we can make sure that you get your lifetime membership if you are over $50 and so that we can better track and be held responsible for the monies. If you do not donate then we need to know why. If you need help, we have help. There are several guys who are donating large sums of money to help cover people who need help and to help us give away a trophy or something at the end of each year. If you do not donate and just don't feel it's worth it then please stat that so that we can begin to line up owners.

I am not saying its the best attitude but I've got the attitude that if you leave us because you don't think the OMFL is worth it, then don't come back when you realize it was. The OMFL and TF is becoming a great community of great players who will be together for a long time enjoying this great game.

So to recap:
    1. Post here that you read and understand
    2. Send Dunlap a PM stating if you will donate or not.
    3. Donate
    4. Enjoy the great benefits as they roll in this summer!

Thanks again guys. You all make the OMFL the best around and I am excited bout this great future that is on its way. Things are looking up! Jump on board with us!

3. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

NY Giants have read and love it!

4. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Read and sign off in agreement...

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Hey, if you guys collect some money and buy me a PS3, I will be the bestestest owner ever!!

Haha, I kid, I kid.

6. natedawg212000

LOL. Also let me just put this in there. If you are already a TF member ($12 or $50) then you are done, and we do not expect a donation. We DO need to still know that youre an already paying member.

7. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Wajy reads and signs off

8. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Read and signed off. Will be getting the lifetime membership with my next check.

9. shuffman25

shuffman25 Walk On

read / signed

10. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Read and agree. I'm already lifetime member.

11. natedawg212000

I just had a convo with a guy so I am going to break it down again to see if I can simplify this.

if you donate $50 or more, you get your life time membership. Anythign less and you are covered for that year. Instead of making EVERYONE pay (which would be around 1200 for a 32 man league) they have worked out a flat fee. So everyone is donating into a pot. If you pay $50 or more you get a life time membership and we will never ever have to donate again. Everyone else goes into a pot and and we pay the flat fee for the league out of that for that year. The next year we pay again out of whats left. If we are short we do another drive and ask those who did not pay for a life time to please donate and anyone else who wants to donate can also. All $50 donations go straight to TF, anything else will go into a paypal account and we will pay the flat fee (minus the life time memberships) and then buy something for the OMFL Bowl winner and maybe owner of the year depending on the money. We will track every single dime and will allow the league to know where every dime is going.

Any other questions just hit me up on AIM.

12. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

Read and agree

13. Big D

Big D Walk On

And again, I talked to most of you via AIM or PM about what you'd be willing to donate. We would please ask you to donate that amount at the minimum, as we based our decisions off of financial calculations from my convos with you.

14. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

also if you plan on becoming a lifetime member at TF please donate to TF and not to OMFL.

15. pittrocks43

pittrocks43 TMFL Steelers

read & agree

16. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

read and agree

17. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

Read & agree, i'll probably only be able to donate the minimum though.

18. natedawg212000

Steven we dont want anyone to get in a bind, if you need help don't be too proud to ask.

19. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

I read. Can we get a deadline date so we can think a little bit?... I'm in

20. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

i read and agree

21. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

Nah, don't need help, just paying for university and all that means i don't have a lot of disposable income. I can afford the $12 though, it's only $14 Australian. I'll donate within the next week.

22. Big D

Big D Walk On

We'd like to have our donation drive wrapped up by the end of May if possible. But if you need more time just let us know and I'm sure we can work around it.

23. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Read and agreed. Donation sent in.

24. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Read and agree. Need to set up Paypal and then donation will be sent..

25. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Read and signed