OMFL NFL.com Update - Please Read!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BadaBing319, Dec 6, 2010.

1. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that we've customized the home page for our version of NFL.com. Thanks to a handy template from the XFN designer, I was able to customize our site and make it so there isn't much manual updating. Only the top story and weekly leaders in the first column require a manual update - the league headlines, power poll and players of the week are all populated by the server. Check it out here:

OMFL NFL.com XFN Site
    http://xtreme-football.net/index.php?r=league/index&lid=31

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a league, we have made the decision to use the XFN site as the main spot for team news articles, recaps, etc. It is a tremendous resource for our league and having all the content there will really take things to the next level. We are even one of the five "featured" leagues on the xtreme-football.net home page, so the more content we can put there, the better our league is represented.

Here's just a sampling of what we have on the site now:

Team home pages with blogs, stats, schedules, rosters, Etc:
    http://xtreme-football.net/index.php?r=team/index&lid=31&team=NE&tab=profile

Box scores (with accompanying recap) for each game:
    http://xtreme-football.net/index.php?r=scores/recap&lid=31&week=2&season=2011&gid=9054

OMFL Blog Network:
    http://xtreme-football.net/index.php?r=post/index&lid=31

Owner Listing:
    http://xtreme-football.net/index.php?r=league/owners&lid=31

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's so much more - click around the site and you'll be amazed at what you find. Feedback is welcome - if there's anything you'd like to see added, let me know. The developer is always open to more ideas to make the site better.

2. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Bar none, the best code ive seen for madden yet, we really need to get hooked up with this site, we are active enough for it to help both of us GREATLY

3. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

i get lost in this site without even trying, its just great, i dont know how much human interaction this site needs or is it just assigning webpages to pull info from but its just simply AMAZING.

4. BadaBing319

Most of the site content is driven by the server. The only manual updating I have to do is edit the top story and weekly leaders on the front page (although I'm sure that will be automated at some point too) and press a button every day to update the latest results. All the stats, power rankings, players of the week, standings, etc all comes straight from a database that pulls from the EA site.

5. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

There is not site better right now. This site has everything

6. BadaBing319

7. BadaBing319

The site continues to get better and better - check out this screen shot from the new "team matchup" feature:

[​IMG]

8. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Not sure if this has been announced to the league as a whole yet, but the OMFL has made a donation to the XFL site using surplus funds from this past summers donation drive. As Ox & Bing have said already this site is simply awesome and is getting better everyday.

9. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Obviously its wrong. Win can't be 3-1.... Just kidding.

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

You know, I said the SAME thing. lol

11. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    XFN looks to be pretty interested. This is the first I've seen of it.

I emailed Vince to pick his brain a bit about how he is grabbing data from the EA servers. Did I read somewhere he thinks he can actually push transactions to the server (i.e. trades)?

I'm not sure if the service he is offering will be relevant if EA ever comes through with an actual offseason for online franchise, but if the method he uses to get/change data is going to be consistent from year to year I may even see if I can help him with development on some of the CMS portions of the website.

Anyone in personal contact with the guy?

12. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Baba and I are.

13. BadaBing319

Hey Shaun, yes, he believes he can push transactions such as trades, free agent pickups, releases to the EA server. He is aware that EA is probably going to change their coding for the online franchise next year, but he's hoping the method may be different, but the coding on his end can remain somewhat the same.

Nate and I (as well as Doug from PMFL) are in contact with Vince quite a bit...he's very responsive. I'm sure he'll get back to you on your e-mail.

14. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    He did, and it is a very interesting concept. Now that I see his method, the only change point would be the routines for retrieving data. I'm interested in the project, though I am not an expert in PHP, but I probably could help him with data interchange and such.

I'm glad you guys found this, it could be pretty cool.