OMFL PLAYOFFS - SAINTS 49 VS COWBOYS 21

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Jul 18, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

OMFL PLAYOFFS - SAINTS 49 VS COWBOYS 21

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SAINTS COACH NATE WINS SECOND PLAYOFF GAME IN LONG OMFL HISTORY - DEFENSE DOMINATES
    New Orleans, LA- Savage Mason Reporting

After a dead ending to the OMFL season which seen the Saints win, yet struggle without the big wins and huge offensive numbers, the Saints were looking to shut the doubters up and prove they belonged in the OMFL Playoffs as a true OMFL Bowl contender.

In come the red hot, yet struggling Cowboys and old rival Coach Wajo. These two coaches knew each other well and Wajo often had the upper hand on Coach Nate.

Cowboys elect to kick and the Saints offense wanted to get off to a hot start, and that's what happened. It looked as if the Cowboys plan was to blitz, blitz, and blitz some more, and English was READY. First drive ended in a English to Blansit 35 yard td pass as the Saints caught the Cowboys in a blitz. 7-0 Saints.

Cowboys wouldn't be out done though and used several big plays to make a nice drive which was capped off by Tebow 1 yard td. 7-7 tie.

This is when the Saints team would take the game over and not look back.

English would take another Saints lead by hitting Henderson on a break away 36 yard td catch and break tackle td. Henderson didnt get the catches, but he got the yards today. 14-7 Saints.

On the next drive Cowboys would hit their RB out of the back field when Guyton would strip him and Maeweather would scoop it up, make a move and score from 54 yards out. 21-7 Saints.

Cowboys would attempt to get back in the game before things got out of hand. Tim would force a bad pass which would be picked off by Johnson and returned 45 yards for the TD. 28-7 Saints.

Half time would see the Saints get pumped up to put this game out of reach and put it on cruise control.

English would start the 3rd quarter off with an 18 yard td pass and catch to Blansit where he simply made a cut and out ran everyone for the TD. 34-7 Saints.

Henderson would get back in the action before the Saints called the dogs off with a 62 yard pass/catch from English. 41-7 Saints.

Cowboys would get back on the board with an 81 yard td pass to Driver where Saints swapped to get a sack and it swapped to a CB and ran away from the WR (man i hate when that happens). Cowboys just never quit. 41-14 Saints.

Saints RB Jacobs would break off a 70+ yard run where I really was confused on what to do. I didnt want to score and rub in, but I didnt want to be a punk and rub in by running out of bounds. I ended up taking it out at the 1 and my 3rd stringer punched it in from there. 49-14.

Cowboys would add a 4th quarter drive on the 3rd string defense of the Saints. Saints would also have an impressive 13 play, 5 min drive with all 2nd and 3rd string players to really kill the clock.

End of the game and the Saints first playoff game and win in 3 season. 49-21.

Stats on the game:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

HIGHLIGHT VIDEO:
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/highlight-reel/23682931

Great Season Wajo. You never stopped playing and you had a great attitude about the game. You are the kind of owners we can build an amazing league around. Thank you for a great season!

[​IMG]
    Player of the game:
    [​IMG]
    CB CHRIS JOHNSON​

New CB Johnson came in and had a break out game (finally!) by taking 2 picks and having a pick 6. Saints defense really dominated today.

Saints pick up their first win and automatically become Redskins fans. Couple of reasons, I dont want to face the Eagles speed and I want to beat the best of the best to get to the OMFL Bowl. GO PIGS!

2. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

GG Nate, I just wasn't ready for the Saints like I should have been and all your guys were beasts, breaking tackles left and right. GL rest of the way, can't wait for our rematch in season 1 of M11.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Nate & that Saints team are sick...