1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

OMFL Pre-Game Rituals

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by klaximilian, Jun 14, 2010.

1. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

OMFL Pre-Game Rituals

Maybe its just me, but I like to do some pre-game ritual stuff for each of my OMFL games. I almost treat it as if I'm watching the Jets on Sunday with how superstitious I am.

1) I always play my OMFL games upstairs in my room. I'm less likely to have glare on my TV Screen and my dog won't start rubbing up on my leg. *No dirty jokes needed*

2) I have my girlfriend dress up in a cheerleading outfit of the team I represent. I had trouble finding a Bengals one, but they have some real sweet ones at NFLShop.com. I make sure she has matching pom-poms to go with her outfit, and she has to do cartwheels when I score or come up with a turnover. The Bills one looked great on her, but she is really exicted about sporting the Jets green next season.

3) Number 2 is complete bullshit.

4) I always take a shot of something before the game. It usually keeps my nerves in check, and I'm less likely to get too antsy and over-commit. Usually, this is best served for me on defense.

5) I always have a bottle of water readily available. Right now its 90 degrees in San Jose, so if the game gets intense, I may sweat profusely.

6) I celebrate each win with bubbly. I spray down my girlfriend and dog, and then take the entire bottle to the face.

So lets hear it. What are your pre-game rituals?

2. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

1) Break Down 2 Swisher Sweet Cigarellos

2) Insert Amsterdam's Finest then close it up

3) Get Bag of chips

4) put a fire to one of the ends of #2

5) Inhale

6) Cough Cough

then i should be ready to play.......

3. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

i may have to steal Scikotic's #2 ritual for madden 11, but i fear it may be a distraction, i normally like when my girl is gone or asleep

4. dritsch

dritsch Walk On

Drive to Raider's place to play since I get "connection to peer lost" in 99% of my games from home.. so not awesome.

5. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Anymore, I rush home from work, pop the game in and kickoff...maybe thats why I am 2-7...

Usually on NCAA and before work picked up with OMFL...I will listen to music and get in my "zone". I get really into these games, especially NCAA. I will jump around, slam my fist to palm, scream/cuss/cheer loudly, and any other gestures that you may see a hardcore football fan do...

6. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Well for a couple years I have found some new ones...

I'm in a small dorm room most of the time with my girl here so things get crazy.

Season 1 - my own TV and my own corner spot, play anytime... 14-2, superbowl loss...

Season 2 - After a couple games I turned 21 and found myself trading Manning for McNabb... After that I started playing late around 2-4 AM and instead of taking a shot to calm my nerves... I drank the entire bottle LOL. Therefore 10-6, one playoff win.

Season 3 - Calmed down the drinking, like to play in the early evening... feeling like season 1 again.

As far as NFL game rituals, I enjoy getting some drinks in before and during the game. Grab a pack of smokes for breaks. Love Sundays, miss em...

7. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

I ALWAYS have to pee before a game. Thats about it.

8. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Nothing worse than that or having a turtle head poking out when you're trying to drop back....

9. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

The way Palmer and soon to be Sanchez turn the ball over, whats the difference??

10. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I know how to handle the ball with the Jets....