OMFL Report Cards - Through Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by StevenRhysCann, May 30, 2010.

1. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

OMFL Report Cards - Through Week 6

Just something new i thought i'd try, since we're being asked for more forum activity. Let me know what you think and i might do another one or two later in the season.

NFC North:

Minnesota Vikings (3-2, 1st place): Definately shaping as the team to beat in this division, having already beaten the Bears and Packers while only losing to other division leading teams. AP is having a great season, as you'd expect, with 721 yards and 6 TD's on the ground. B+

Detroit Lions (3-3, 2nd place): Despite not currently having a coach, the Lions look like the most likely challenger to the Vikings. With a fairly loaded roster and Megatron leading the way, the Lions could make a run at the division. B-

Chicago Bears (2-3, 3rd place): Coming off their bye week, the Bears need a big win over the Bucs in week 7 to keep themselves on the Vikings tail. Young stars lead the way on both offense and defense, with WR Dion Grimes and DE Joe Breyley both having monster seasons so far. B-

Green Bay Packers (1-4, 4th place): A tough start to the season for Green Bay, but there's still a lot of games to be played and time to make up ground. Must beat Detroit this week however. Aaron Rodgers needs to start throwing more TD's and less picks. D+

NFC East:

Dallas Cowboys (4-1, tied for 1st place): Currently on a 4 game winning streak, the Cowboys will find out how good they really are this week against the unbeaten Pats. The only thing holding them back right now is the terrible passing of Tony Romo, with 6 TD's and 14 interceptions for the season. A-

Philadelphia Eagles (4-1, tied for 1st place): Number 2 in the league in points allowed, the Eagles are my pick to take the East for that very reason. Their only loss coming by 3 points to the Pats last week, the Eagles could have what it takes to go all the way this season. A-

Washington Redskins (2-3, 3rd place): Unfortunate to be stuck in such a tough division, having lost to the Pats and the Cowboys twice already this year. You know Jeremy will be there at the business end of the season though. B-

New York Giants (1-5, 4th place): Far from the worst, just the worst in this division, sadly for the G-Men. If they could swap Mannings with the Eagles, they might have a better chance. C-

NFC South:

New Orleans Saints (5-1, 1st place): Highest scoring team in the NFC and 3rd highest in the OMFL, the Saints are flying. QB Jack English is a machine, with 16 Td's and only 4 interceptions. Devery Henderson is playing about 20 points better than his rating suggests, with 772 yards and 7 of those Td's. A

Atlanta Falcons (3-2, 2nd place): Started off hot, but someone must have done something wrong during their week 4 bye, because they've lost both games since and travel to Philly this week. Michael Turner (8 TD's rushing) is a beast and must continue to find the endzone for Atlanta to catch the Saints. B

Carolina Panthers (2-3, 3rd place): Another team coming off the bye, Carolina travel to Minnesota for a must-win game against the Vikings. The Panthers have stars on both offense and defense, and they all have to come together to get the season back on track. C+

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-4, 4th place): All of the Bucs losses have been by 12 points or less, with 3 of them being by 7 or less. They could quite realistically be 4-1 or even 5-0 now, but the past is the past and this team needs to look to the future. With young studs like Mcfadden and Royal on offense, the future could be very bright, this season and beyond. C-

NFC West:

Arizona Cardinals (4-2, 1st place): Rookie of the Year candidate Bjoern Mason is the main reason for the success in Arizona, with 697 yards and 8 scores already! However, 2 huge wins over the Seahawks has made the Cards look a lot better than they really are in my opinion. B

San Francisco 49ers (3-2, 2nd place): Owning the number 1 scoring defense in football, having only given up 69 points (13.8 per game), the 49ers have what it takes to overtake the Cards and win the West. Nate Davis at QB is a real concern however, and getting Crabtree more involved is an absolute must. B

Saint Louis Rams (3-3, 3rd place): Got lucky to defeat the Bengals in week 6 (just kidding bluebean). The Rams do need to start beating more top line teams, however, they don't face one for a little while, which means they need to capitalise while they can. The two headed running monster of Jackson and Addai is very dangerous. C+

Seattle Seahawks (0-6, 4th place): Not much to say here, other than it's been a very difficult first 6 weeks in Seattle. Hopefully bamagrad can turn this thing around soon, a bye this week might help. It couldn't hurt. D-

AFC to come later.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Great read dude...Nice job!!!

3. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

very good read - great job!

4. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

AFC North:

Cincinatti Bengals (3-3, 1st place): Not to toot my own horn too much, but i honestly believe that when i took it over this was the worst team in terms of pure talent in the league and i'm very happy to be sitting at .500 so far. Ray Rice should be a big addition. B

Baltimore Ravens (2-4, 2nd place): Started off strong, but have now lost 4 in a row and need to get back to winning against the Rams this week. Will be there with the Bengals for the North all year long, and can win the division if Joe Flacco stops throwing it to the other teams (a league worst 18 interceptions so far). B-

Pittsburgh Steelers (1-4, 3rd place): Another team on a 4 game losing streak, and another team that simply has to win this week against the Titans. Pittsburgh have the talent, especially on defense to take the division by the end of the season, if they can get consistent play out of Jamarcus Russell. C-

Cleveland Browns (1-5, 4th place): Looked to be completely out of the race, before a huge upset win over the Ravens in week 6 kept their hopes alive. In this division, any team can beat any other team, and any team could get hot and blow their rivals away. There's certainly time for Cleveland to pull it off. C-

AFC East:

New England Patriots (6-0, 1st place): My pick to... lose to the Jags in the AFC title game. The Patriots are on fire right now, and coachgaddy is certainly confident, but championships aren't won in the first 6 weeks. Still, there's only 1 undefeated team, and i'll grade them as such. A+

Buffalo Bills (3-2, 2nd place): 2nd in the AFC East, but first in awesome avatar creation, the Bills might have to play for a wild card spot behind the Pats. They have crushed 3 opponents in a row however, and if gaddy slips up the Bills will be right there waiting. Marshall and Owens could become one of the most productive WR duos in the OMFL. B

Miami Dolphins (3-3, 3rd place): The Dolphins are a strange team this season. The only team to defeat the Raiders, they were also blown out by the Bills and the Pats in consecutive weeks. The talent is there (MLB Mack Jackson is an absolute beast), but they have to get the consistency on order to challenge for the playoffs. B-

New York Jets (0-5, 4th place): The other winless team in the league this season, the Jets haven't been much better than the Seahawks. I have no idea why HB Leron James isn't touching the ball a hell of a lot more, 37 carries in 5 games is just not enough for a player of his abilities. D-

AFC South:

Jacksonville Jaguars (5-1, 1st place): The Jags are my pick to win it all at the moment, very balanced on both sides of the ball and well coached. 2nd in the league in scoring at 37 per game, the 3 headed monster on offense (Brees, Jones-Drew and Smith) has been unstoppable, and Cromartie has a league leading 8 picks on defense. Not the strongest schedule so far, but you can only beat who gets put in front of you. A

Indianapolis Colts (4-1, 2nd place): Have only lost to the Jags so far, and the next 2 weeks will define their season, playing the Saints followed by the rematch with Jacksonville. Very weak at QB, and that could end up costing them big games down the stretch when the heat gets turned up. B+

Houston Texans (3-3, 3rd place): Defeated the Jags last week, which obviously indicates that they're better than a .500 team. Made a big trade to bring Braylon Edwards to the team as the number 2 WR, which should free up Andre Johnson more and allow Schaub to put up some massive passing numbers. B-

Tennessee Titans (2-4, 4th place): The unluckiest team in the OMFL, stuck in the AFC's hardest division. Chris Johnson can only do so much, and unless Vince Young can stop the turnovers it will be a hard season for the Titans. Still, put them in the AFC North, and they're challenging for 1st place rather than stuck in 4th. C

AFC West:

Oakland Raiders (5-1, 1st place): Lead by Kurt Warner (seriously, he's still playing?), the Raiders have been the highest scoring team in the league this season and will fight it out with the Chargers all year long to decide the division. A-

San Diego Chargers (4-1, 2nd place): What it do? Philip 'Marmalard' Rivers has been amazing this year, throwing 17 TD's against just 3 interceptions and making a strong case for OMFL MVP. He'll need to continue playing great for the Chargers to keep up with the Raiders in the West. B+

Denver Broncos (3-3, 3rd place): Possess an insanely stacked offense that is good enough to challenge the Raiders and Chargers if the defense can do its part. No glaring weaknesses anywhere on the roster, the Broncos just need to start playing consistently week in, week out. This week against Oakland is a great chance to start doing just that. C+

Kansas City Chiefs (2-3, 4th place): Super rookie Tank Lockwood is one of the league leaders with 7 rushing TD's and has carried the Chiefs so far this year. Josh Freeman has also been solid at QB and if the Chiefs can continue to get solid play from them and the defense, who knows how far they can go. Big divisional showdown with San Diego this week. C

5. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

great job man, Broncos offense IS insanely stacked. We've constructed a killer team in the three years since coach Mitchell took over the squad, big test this week vs Raiders, he's got my number, but the games recently have been close.

The person with the controller needs to step up.... starting 3-3, the best start in 3 seasons, but not satisfied at all

6. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

nice article. I was trying to think of ideas and still haven't come up with any lol.

Though I'm not convinced on these Jags though, everyone still buying the hype after the loss to texans!

7. natedawg212000

I am not - LOL

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

Neither am I. Like I tell everyone who actually talks to me, I'm really not that great at this game. Just my schedule and CPU talent have taken me to 5-1.

Great job Steven! Hope to see more of these down the road.

9. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

B-?? You are too nice my friend. Lucky to have 2 wins. Got lucky in game 1 against the 49ers, barely beat Broncos, and have blown game after since. I give me a D. :eek::eek:

10. natedawg212000

If Mcallister stays with the Colts as QB, the OMFL Bowl could be theirs, if Painter comes back I have my doubts. Jags better get ready.

11. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

I'm telling you nate, McCallister had a heck of a game. He can hit downfield but i think he only overthrew one short one. In past games he couldn't hit the ocean if it was infront of him. Dunlap will tell you that for experience!