OMFL schedule prototype

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Aug 14, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

OMFL schedule prototype

Hey guys. Heres my suggestion to what I'd like to see us do. We can tweak it here, but I really want to get this started today if possible.

We all want to get in as many seasons as possible and have as little down time as possible. We also know that there will probably be some kinda of patch that will come out soon. We haven't been told of one or know when one is coming, but they almost ALWAYS have a patch.

My suggestion is this:

Start today, Saturday August 14th, with preseason. Preseason will run until August 21st, a Saturday. The season will kick off on Sunday August 22nd. The preseason is an open schedule and they can play any of their real life preseason opponents that they want in that 10 day period.

This 10 days will give the league something to do. They can play their games while we get cap books squared away, wait for a patch, adjust rules, figure out our settings, and we can also open up fa's and trades BEFORE the season starts which will allow us to get that settled before we start playing games and confusing people.

I say we could open up Fa's and Trades on Wednesday August 18th.

All cap books must be done by then. If any owners do not have the game by then we can figure it out to help them get their cap books done and get them squared away.

Thoughts? Holes? Please let me know.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I like it.

We have to make sure all cap books are 100% accurate before moving to next phase.
    We also need to verify that the patch will affect already started franchises.

3. natedawg212000

They normally always do, normally.

4. natedawg212000

Again, this is the kinda of thing that I wish we done better at. No response other than Jeremy. I am taking we are going with this. News is that there is a patch coming out sunday/monday. This patch may come with a roster update. Some guys want the update. The problem with the updated roster is people will have to adjust their capbooks and so will wajo/win/dunn. If those 3 are ok with that then we can restart the franny and roll with a 1 week 'offseason' for fa's, books, and trades, and then kick the season off on a sunday night.

So it would be like this:
    patch on 22nd - all preseason games can go on and cap books as of this roster can be done and approved as to only tweak the new rosters if they are available.

22nd-27th - offseason where fa's can be bid upon, cap books must be signed off on, and trades can be processed.

28th - a 'selah' day where the cap book guys can look over everything, loose ends can be tied up.

29th - the season maybe kicked off at 12 pm est for week 1.

thoughts?

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I am fine with a wait to get some extra games in (including those preseason ones) and, if necessary, doing another cap revamp. Wajy and Dunn are getting more comfortable with modifying the cap book and some tricks I showed them will help the efficiency.

If everyone else wants to wait I don't mind waiting either and doing a few mods to the book.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Yea, I think if there is an update coming in the next week, its worth it wait. After that your schedule looks good Nate and I think we can roll with it after the update. The new roster update may cause us to restart the dynasty but well worth it imo.

On another note, the more I play this game the more I hate it. Its broken is sooo many ways. From coverage to massive amounts if injuries to incorrect commentating, its really depressing. Hopefully the patch will help.

7. natedawg212000

Try all madden, its not as bad.

8. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Yeah the more I think about it the more Im liking all madden