OMFL 'World Cup' Tournament (Read and Sign up!)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big D

Big D Walk On

OMFL 'World Cup' Tournament (Read and Sign up!)

To bridge the gap between the end of this season and the release of Madden 11, we are going to be holding a big 'World Cup' style tournament for all interested teams. There are a couple of BIG rewards for playing in this tournament:

1) If you play, you will earn two 'free look' at any free agent bid in the upcoming Madden 11 seasons. In other words, if Jets were to play in this event, they can now ask Nate to reveal ALL the blind bids for a particular player they are interested in. This would give them a big advantage to sign them during the offseason. They can only use this once, but this would be a big incentive to play in this world cup. You must declare you are using your 'free look' in the FA thread so other players know that you are using it on that particular player.

1) The winner will be awarded an actual trophy we will purchase will our league funds and ship to the winner. This will be a cool trophy and the first of many physical trophies we will award during the upcoming seasons.

We will be dividing the teams up into 'groups' or 'pools'. There will be 4 total groups, numbers may vary in each group depending on how many teams sign up. Teams will be placed into groups with other teams of similar records this past season! In other wordss Group A might include Pats, Raiders, Colts, Jags while group B might include Ravens, Jets, Seahawks, Browns. This will be a great way for those of you with less talented teams to have a chance to compete and make it out of Group play and into the Double Elimination Part.

Here are the fairly straightforward rules for this tournament:
    1) You must create your team up to date as of the end of the season. This takes really no longer than an hour, especially if you have done it before. One of us can walk you through this step by step. Its really easy, although a bit time consuming. (VOTED TO JUST USE DEFAULT ROSTERS)
    2) During group play you will play each other team in your 'pool' ONCE. Tiebreakers will be head to head record (if multiway tie then record combined against all teams involved in the tie), then point differential, then points scored.
    3) The top TWO teams out of each Group will advance into the double elimination bracket

TENTATIVE SCHEDULE

Round Robin Group Play: ASAP - July 23
    Double Elimination Tournament: July 24-August 9th

[​IMG]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

We may tweak this depending on if we get finished earlier, but we will star the 'Cup Tourney' as soon as the REGULAR SEASON is finished. So instead of a toilet bowl, we will be doing this! If you are interested please sign up below. We will take as many teams that want to play, and remember those cool rewards I mentioned above for playing!

CURRENT TEAMS
    1. Dunlap
    2. Scikotic
    3. Weblink
    4. Saintsdave
    5. Savaunte
    6. Chrisdstan
    7. Hurricane
    8. Nate
    9. Wajomatik
    10. Chunkness
    11. Pepperlink
    12. BigOx
    13. Joseph
    14. Jeremy
    15. Mustang
    16. Jethro

2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Bengals are in, or the Jets. Or whoever...

Are we supposed to be the same team we are this last OMFL season, or who we will be in 2011?

3. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

I say eliminate #1 there no need to reward people on the blind bidding in FA the trophy is enough. The Blind bidding was a huge success last season let not create loop holes.

4. Big D

Big D Walk On

The same team you are this year, as you will be using those rosters and you will be 'seeded' by your record from this season (those with similar records will be placed into the same groups...see above)

5. Big D

Big D Walk On

This was an addition the board discussed a couple of weeks ago and we decided to add it....this will allow all players who enter to get some kind of rewards (even those teams that likely don't have a shot for a trohpy). We discussed it a lot and decided adding that would be best.

6. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

7. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

8. savaunte

savaunte Oakland Raiders

Steelers in...but will need help creating my team

9. chrisdstan

chrisdstan Walk On

I'm in and if I may ask who are the list of guys that can help put the team together because it's easy to do the players that's already on madden but when it comes to doing the madden generated players is the problem.

10. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

I am in...

11. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Actually we decided that we are not creating teams, we will use the online function and play with base teams that are on the online roster, unless someone comes out with an updated roster that we can get our hands on.

Teams should also play as the team they will be in 2k11.

Saints are in.

12. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Sooo. That would make me the Jets?

13. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Cowboys are in

14. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

I'd be willing to play with whatever team I'm handed, so go ahead and put me down. However, I agree with Gaddy that the free look at a free agent is a bit too much of a reward. That's just my opinion, though (and Gaddy's).

15. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

ah shit, I gotta play with Kyle Orton yuck. Broncos In

16. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Not a fan of the free look as well, this coming from a guy that won't have much cap room to sign anyone anyways...

17. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Since it looks like we play as the teams we will be in 2011. There was a 3 way owner swap Skicotic will be the Jets, SaintsDave will be the Texans and I become the Bengals. So it looks like I am in the World Cup of OMFL as the default 2010 Bengals...

18. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Titans are in....

So this is going to be the last season in madden 10?

19. joseph201105

joseph201105 OMFL- Oakland Raiders

Raiders in

20. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Put all teams in a hat and let worst record owners have first pick and then down the line.

Really no use in us sticking with our current teams if the rosters are way off..Lets add the excitement of a team draft into this...That would ROCK!!!

21. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

problem is if we have to do that then i am bowing out. it doesnt take a 'hour'. If you have to start from scratch then it takes several hours to create all your rookies that you have had from the start and make all the adjustments to players and then draft them. I personally, don't have 3 hours or more to spend on that.

22. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

TEAM DRAFT - TEAM DRAFT - TEAM DRAFT - TEAM DRAFT - TEAM DRAFT - TEAM DRAFT -
    TEAM DRAFT - TEAM DRAFT - TEAM DRAFT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

nate, that was exactly my problems with using our rosters that we have now for this tourney was alot of teams dont have a scrim team and would have to make the team over, and whose gonna check these rosters that each owner makes to make sure there accurate? I would love vince young to have a 99 passing accuracy, i could just tinker with the the awarness setting to get back down to the correct overall...

I think the best way to go is the way we are going now, just use the EASO rosters and everyone play with the team you are next season.... i would be down for a team draft but that would take almost as long as asking the owners to create their teams for scrim play....

Titans will have KVB back for this tourney, CJ will accually be his correct overall rating... 99ovr and vince youngs accuracy is 10 points higher on EASO then the OMFL rosters!

very exciting!!!!!

Nate, ive done business with a company that makes rings, plaques and trophys. I usually get a 50 buck ring for the winner my 100 dollar fantasy football league i do with coworkers and friends... quality is pretty decent...

Ill send you a link when i find it again, i got some invoices around here somewhere

24. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I would also add my vote into just using the default rosters and not creating teams

25. Big D

Big D Walk On

I was just going off of what we had informally decided in the board room...but I'm certainly willing to change to just using the default rosters. Would make it easier.

Also like Gaddy I didn't think the 'free look' idea was a good one, but it was something we agreed on. Like he said I think that could lead to more problems if we do it. I would also be for changing that to some other kind of reward. Any ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.