On clearance at Target TW 13 CE??

Discussion in 'Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Golf' started by FLIGHTWHITE, Mar 31, 2012.

1. FLIGHTWHITE

FLIGHTWHITE Walk On

Just thought I might give a heads up for some who might be on the fence. I was just in my local Target store here in West Chester, Ohio and I couldn't believe it when I saw the Collectors Edition for both systems for $34.99.

It seems to be random Targets around the country. It's also being reported on Cheapassgamer forums as well.

2. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Damn wish I knew this was going to happen. Could of drove to West Chester instead of getting the regular edition from amazon.

3. FLIGHTWHITE

FLIGHTWHITE Walk On

I probably should have mentioned its random Target stores around the country from what I've been able to find out. I snagged 2 extra copies, 1 for each system.

Not sure how they decided to clearance this so soon??

4. SmokeCG25

SmokeCG25 Walk On

I am a manager for Target, and I can tell you that clearance items are decided by a number of factors. One is with the amount of space on planograms that an item takes up and what will be needed to be added in any upcoming new releases. So, with video games these things are updated every week to account for new releases, and if Target (and certain stores in general don't have a lot of on-hand quantities of an item) doesn't have good sales figures they may decide to make it clearance to free up some needed shelf space.