On Game Scheduling and Advance Pace

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Oct 6, 2012.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

New guys, try to get your user games in as fast as possible. Our goal is to advance every 48 hours during conference play. We should rarely be having 3 day weeks but that's what we've gotten the last several weeks. If you don't make a real effort to schedule your game within the first 24 hours, I'll assume you're fine with going on auto or a sim.

We're also going to revert back to the traditional form of game scheduling, which is to make a thread in the Game Scheduling Thread. This makes it much easier for me to go back and see who is scheduling and who isn't and if a user deserves to play the cpu.

The faster we go, the more seasons we get in and the more your recruiting can make an impact on your team.

Carry on.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DirtycashDylan

And I'll be keeping a Conference Schedule thread stickied every year. If you're done with the week already, this thread willl have all the info you need to go ahead and schedule your next week's game in advance

3. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

4. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Is that me?

• Like Like x 1
  5. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Sure. :)

6. DirtycashDylan

I guess this needs to be bumped.

Acceptable Game Scheduling:

A:We're advanced, when can you play? Can you go tonight around 9 pm cst?
    B:I can't because my butt hole is leaking. Could you do the following morning around 10 am cst?
    A:No I've got the kids. Once I've cooked them and had a delicious meal, I could play. 5 pm cst work?
    B:That won't work, my wife is ovulating (I'm looking at you Full Moon Fever ) and, as soon as I bring the groceries in, I'm going to fuck her brains out, literally. It'd have to be sometime tomorrow. aka day 3
    A:OK, if that's the latest we can play, Dylan will have to understand. I'll buy him a cake to make up for it. He loves cake.

Not Acceptable:

A:When can you play? (20 hours after advance)
    B:Before the Oregon game starts today. just text me (doesn't leave phone number)
    A:I'd prefer to play tomorrow ("tomorrow" being day 3, doesn't explain why he can't play earlier than that)

The first example took three days but is acceptable because they are attempting to get the game played. The second one was not acceptable because they waited too long and were vague. If you're going to make everyone wait, at least be specific as to why and let it be known that you are putting forth the effort, if you're not putting forth the effort, that's fine but don't be mad if your game gets simmed. I don't think any of us WOULD expect the league to wait for a meaningless user game except for one guy.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  7. DirtycashDylan

Also, I'm cool with waiting, I just get pissed off when everyone gets their game in really quick and there is one game left and no sense of urgency there and a refusal of a sim. It's rude.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  8. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Bust them balls!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Lol, nice gif

10. Dean Evans

Dean Evans Run by Walmart and pick you up a personality!

Heck of a way to do a "CUP-CHECK"!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dean Evans

Dean Evans Run by Walmart and pick you up a personality!

Sometimes it takes a while for the "Geritol" to kick in.