On The Ball Defense?

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by recchem2000, Oct 20, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Is this an unspoken rule? Just want to make sure so I don't cheez my way in the game. I know sreese and JFace907 both told me about it so I figured I must be doing something bad :) I still lost both games :(

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

It's not a rule in here and I don't think it should be. To be honest, in last years league that JFace ran, we were supposed to play on ball defense but half the guys would take the guy on the ball and play 6 feet off the ball handler daring you to shoot, which isn't realistic to me either.

In my opinion, control who you want and your opponent should be able to counter accordingly. I don't think rules like this are necessary and I have no desire to enforce them. Just play the game and have a good time.

Bondzai007
    RynoAid

What are your thoughts?

3. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

My thought is this. If you are going to be playing off the ball defense, you better not be cherry picking passing lanes. Hedge screens, help if the onball defender has been beaten, and defend your matchup. Thats sim.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dru50

If someone is doing that they won't be here long.

Has anyone been doing this?

5. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I play center so no I would not want a rule to play on ball. As long as people play where they are supposed to then it shouldn't be a problem.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

My opinion is on ball D should be attempted at some point , spamming blocks and jumping every pass lane is not sim IMO , and hard to counter on this game , I play man D 80-90% off the game personally

But it goes both ways , if a guy plays me man when I have D.Rose I can score 50 if I wanted , by I don't because to me that's weak.
    My 2 cents

• Like Like x 1
  7. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I play a lot of zone so I usually just play my zone and I'll get up on a guy if he gets into my area.

8. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I hate how the zone looks , it doesn't run the 1-3-1 correct at all , and 23/32 doesn't guard the 3 lol , maybe I am being over critical

Better than that NCAA zone however ;)

9. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Yeah, I get torched from 3, but if I try to run man, my shitty on the ball defense gets exposed and I'll lose by even more.

10. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

For those getting torched from three, have you guys tried putting your matchups to where they switch all screens? I haven't tried it, but it seems like that would help.

11. Dru50

It doesn't work, at least it didn't when I tried it vs Miami. I instructed my team to switch any pick and roll involving wade or james, but what happened was the switch was so late that the screener was WIDE open on a roll to the hoop EVERY time. After the 5th straight LBJ dunk off of pick and roll I gave up on the idea.

12. Dru50

I get torched from 2 point range-I've had some luck with setting my defensive assignments to play every shooter tight and then have my guys deny the ball when their man doesnt have the ball.

Of course the CPU still makes about 4-5 a game even when my guys are right in their face.;)

13. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

yeah, the CPU makes me and my adjustments look like a Randy Whitman coached team. Not good for anyone.