One Day Extension

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by BlyGilmore, Oct 1, 2012.

1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Apparently there were a shitload of games not completed in Week Four, so we're going to give a one-day extension and advance early tomorrow morning.

So if you haven't your game, get it in.

Ghost - you around this evening? I'm good from around 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Eastern.

2. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Are they even scheduled?

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Dislike...this is lame. 96 hours aren't enough? I don't get it. Sim those games and lets keep this moving. Nothing kills a league faster than dragging weeks out. My 2 cents.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I cant play week 4 game. I am traveling for work through thurs. Nelly and i tried to schedule but wasnt able too this past weekend.

I had suggested a sim since i thought the advance would be su day night or mon morning. He can play cpu if he likes i just needed to be on ap.

I have a bye for week 5

6. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Just saw this. Been on my phone all day, so I havent been able to bounce around and catch up. I can go on auto.

7. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Just got in, I will not be able to play unless it's late like around 11:15 and so on because I have running and conditioning at 7:30 then work from 9-11.

8. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

This is stupid, IMO. I remember when there was some chatter of changing the advance schedule, and I was told the rules are all set in stone.

Well, if that's the case, those rules need to be respected.

If a guy can't figure out how to schedule a game or at least TALK to an owner within 4 days, then that's a problem. It shouldn't be that hard and frankly to see all the games that haven't been played for like the 2nd straight week, to me, is a lack of respect for everyone in the league.

But, that's just my take. Carry on...

9. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Also, does this mean we're still advancing on Thursday?

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im curious, not trying to being an ass, how many of these games actually got played tonight?

11. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Unless they are in progress, I'm not sure any have been played. SMH...

12. BlyGilmore

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Patience grasshopper...summary will be up tonight. We played this though before the extension. I just havent got the recap up yet.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BlyGilmore

good to hear ... this is an acceptable answer ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  15. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

I cant play week 4 game. I am traveling for work through thurs. Nelly and i tried to schedule but wasnt able too this past weekend.

I had suggested a sim since i thought the advance would be su day night or mon morning. He can play cpu if he likes i just needed to be on ap.

I have a bye for week 5

---------------------------------------------
    Me and kidofcrash tried to hook up before the weekend but wasn't able to. I had company in this weekend and I believe he left on Sunday out of town for work....so we decided a SIm was probably the best option for us..​

16. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Romo-ception last night. :D

17. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

So are we still planning on advancing?

18. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Hokie Effect and I just had one of those weeks. Completely opposite schedules and we couldnt connect at the time we did have scheduled.

19. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

We tried Sunday and lkept getting disconnected. I think servers were off. Our schedules didn;t match outside of that.

20. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Mid-terms have killed my free time as I was studying all weekend for them and when I wasn't I was at the UNC football game. I told Simms to play the CPU Saturday night but I wasn't sure how to set myself on AP from the CPU so I just set myself to ready.

21. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I understand being commish is a thankless job, so I'm not trying to be critical. But in the future, just advance. We have at minimum a 72 hour window to play each week and we are scheduling a few days ahead. If the deadline comes and there are games not played, too god damn bad. If some type of extenuating circumstance exists (EA server issue for example) comes to light, you guys should know ahead of time and should have time to make an exception. Again, not trying to nit pick, but I think keeping things moving is the best course. Maybe a few sims will kick some of the slackers in the ass and motivate them to get their shit scheduled in a timely fashion.

22. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Confirming this. We were communicating through the schedule thread, so our dialogue can be seen in there to show we tried to schedule. It just didnt work out.

23. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

So are we not in week 5 yet? I set up a date to get my game in for week 5 tonight and I wanna know if we are simming/ have simmed yet.

24. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Yeah we are.

25. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

BlyGilmore - this is correct. Hark had asked me to play the CPU, but did not set himself to auto so that I could do so. I wasn't too thrilled about playing the CPU in the first place, so decided to take a sim instead of hunting Hark (or Ryno) down to get him set to auto so that I could.

Personally, I think that the speed (or lackthereof) has really put a damper on the excitement I (and others I have talked to) have for this league. I think we have a great core of owners to build upon, but I'm looking for a league that moves a bit quicker than this (for example, 3 games/week) if I'm only going to play in one league this year. Playing only once every 3, sometimes 4 days - It's hard to really get into it. I know that the advance schedule was set when I signed up, so I must admit that I was the one that made a mistake signing up for a league that doesn't meet my weekly Madden fix! I'll leave next steps up to the commishes - if you have someone else begging to get into the league that might have more fun / be more committed than I have been thus far, then no hard feelings if I get the boot...

JSimms