One Last Patch Please EA

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by majesty95, Sep 26, 2013.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Since we will be stuck with NCAA 14 for at least two years, I would love for EA to show some good will to their fans and release one more patch. This is what I would like to see fixed:
    • Fix the XP issues in existing dynasties and prevent them from returning.
    • Improve defensive coverage AI for both man and zone. Doesn't need to be overdone but they need to fix the issues where defenders stand ~5 yards away from the receiver they are covering in man or responsible for in their zone.
    • Slightly increase the potential of overthrown, underthrown or otherwise inaccurate passes. Completion percentages are still too high on average.
    • Tweak the injury logic so that there are slightly more minor and major injuries in played games.
    • Tweak the LB and DL AI slightly to improve defense versus the option.
    • Improve logic for tackle animations generating to reduce user controlled players from just running by ball carriers
    • Adjust the SIM logic so that stats fall more in line with realistic results (namely passing).
    I think these improvements would give us something with which we could live with for an extra year. We could see some really long dynasties on here with that too!

2. dso122783

dso122783 Walk On

Where is this 2 years thing coming from? I'm pretty sure this game is done. And if part of the settlement is to not make another game, I doubt updates and patches to the current one is permitted. It is just too unfair to these poor D1 football players who get free educations from top notch universities. A.P.U.

3. majesty95

Weber said in the press release that they would evaluate things going forward. I'm guessing tha means if the NCAA gets they're stuff together or the Supreme Court rules in ther favor that the game could return.

And I understand the players feeling used and wanting a cut if the pie, but why aren't they suing ESPN, FOX and CBS too? There are a lot more companies profiting off of them tha just EA.

4. dso122783

dso122783 Walk On

I hope you are right, but I don't think we can count on it.

I for one, don't see the players points. You know, they think they are getting used, yet every single year recruiting classes are strong. Year after year. They all sign up for it. They all know they don't get paid. They all know they get a free education. They all know EA is making video games. But they still complain. I just don't see how they have a case knowing that all that stuff was there when they made their choice to play football at a big time school. How can anyone agree to do something, knowing what they will get and not get...then sue because it wasn't fair.

It's the American Dream, the world the liberals created (sorry to be political but its true, and that is the only political comment I will make on here), the sense of entitlement.

I think Herbey said it best, when he pointed out that out of all the FBS football players, Johnny Manziel is the only one who after all the scholorships etc, might have brought money into the University.

• Like Like x 1
  5. fantasyboi

fantasyboi If Tebow isn't Jesus, I'm the Pope

Ya college sport games r dead.....sucks. I hoped so bad for College baseball to come out again and that hasnt even had a look one bit. College sport games r dead

6. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

Apart from the political shot, this is well put. Sometimes "the law is an ass".

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

The NFL just needs to get a farm system going..... If you are good enough to get recruited/drafted to play for one of the 12-20 farm teams, you get paid (say 50-100K per year) if you arent good enough you can play college, or go to the CFL, or Arena Football. Regardless, stop bitching about not getting "paid" with free education, food, clothes and gear etc.

• Like Like x 1
  8. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

:facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  9. majesty95

Oh, fix the players leaving logic too!

10. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

Damnit. Now I'm stuck with a game that plays, offensively, the best of any in series but with dogshit defensive AI.