One Last Try

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Archie Griffin, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

One Last Try

First, does anyone have the dynasty saved? If so, could you host it and invite me? I'll save the file, retire, and we can use that file if and only if the advance goes screwy once again. But I'd like to have that file ready to go before we try to advance again. That way, if it doesn't work, I can get things rolling right away, and maybe we can still get to position changes tonight. Just let me know when you send the invite. If your file is like mine, and your recruiting hours are gone, don't worry about it. Your hours have not uploaded yet, so when I save, they will go back to 10.

In fact, anyone who saves now and uses that file to invite me should have the same result. Somebody put in ten minutes for me when you get a chance, so I can reset my week.

Here's the schedule if things screw up a third time:

Here's what I'm going to do:

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

AG, I have a good file saved. Let me know when you are going to switch over your internet cord to your 360 from your computer.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'm doing it now. And I think I might buy a new router today, if I get the chance. This cord-switching crap is getting annoying.

4. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I'm not sure if I'm completely clear on what we're doing, but I'm not going to be able to do anything until 10 eastern tonight. Hopefully that's ok. Thanks for the persistence AG.

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Basically, to this point, we've been having issues, and I've been resetting to try to figure out how to solve them. The problem is, the save file I'm using is saved AFTER I did my recruiting for the week. I have a bunch of offers to make still, and if I use this file to advance, and we get pushed to the end again, everyone else gets their do-over, and I don't.

So I'm asking for a fresh file, one that clears not only your stuff, but mine, too. If we have to accept that there will be no off-season recruiting, I'd rather just offer my threes and be done with it rather than deal with the empty slots and walk-ons that I can't cut.

That's the backup plan, in case tonight's advance does what the last two did.

Worst case scenario - everyone has to do week one for a fourth time, and then we sim through all of recruiting, and move on to position changes.

Best case scenario - we move to week 2, as we should have days ago.

We're at the mercy of the glitch, I'm afraid.

AG

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    One thing that will help the situation is to make sure that there are not multiple forums and mutations of this dynasty being currently hosted. It confuses the servers for some reason. Also, make sure you delete any OD files from your harddrive before you send out the new invites and before everyone excepts them. You don't have to delete any offline copies you made, but delete any OD file that any users may have downloaded.

7. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Also, make sure no one else is online, and that it's a "clean" advance - log in, hit advance to next stage, pray.

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

OK, I know this is getting annoying, but I'm going to ask a favor of you guys.

I can't seem to find a way to reset my week so I can get the offers out I want to get out, so I'm asking this:

Allow me to turn my CPU offers on for this advance. I won't let the CPU add guys to my board, so I won't get anyone who isn't already there. But, the CPU might offer the guys I didn't get a chance to. I will of course cut anyone over 70.

I currently have three more guys on my board than I can sign, and they're all 3-star. I won't be able to pick up fives or fours, because there are none on my board, and the CPU can't add them. If we sim through, though, I may get to actually fill out my roster.

I'm basically asking for permission to (possibly) go over by a guy or two, though I doubt it will actually happen.

This fair?

AG

9. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Fine by me...I just want to get through this thing with all of us being okay with whatever happens.

10. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Sounds fine to me. If there is an error that somehow puts a 4-star or 5-star on your board, I don't think you should be penalized if we sim through. Who knows what the heck EA's "CPU Assistance" actually does -- doubtful it doesn't do what it says it does.

For the rest of us that can reset our boards again, we need to be careful not to go over any limits.

11. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

That sounds fair, but why can't you add/remove people to your board as you see fit? Even if you have no time left, you should still be able to add/remove guys from your board (I've done it).

If you have 0 time left, you should be able to do any of the following that you need:
    • Remove anyone from your board with an offer that you're not allowed to sign.
    • Add anyone to your board that you want to sign, but that won't put you over the limit.
    • Remove anyone from your board that would put you over the limit.
    • Turn on the CPU's ability to do visits.
    • Turn on the CPU's ability to offer schollies

I've done all of the above with the exception of allowing the CPU to offer schollies (since I was able to offer everyone that I wanted).

I can't think of a reason why this wouldn't work. Also, if it does work, then you should be at the same place as the rest of us (except that you'll have to rely on the CPU to make your offers) tonight before attempting to advance and then, if it get bugged out again, we should be able to go right to position changes without having to redo week 1 again.

12. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

So how didit work out? Ill be home soon but I am dying of curiosity.

13. jello1717

I'm looking at week2 of recruiting right now!

Wow! And I signed 3 other guys during week 1 besides that bonus guy I got.

I think it was probably all the promises that I've made.

14. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Awesome news! Sorry your file had the HIV AG :D

15. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Nice that it finally worked out, but I don't want to go through all that again. Can we agree to a no reset if the sim happens again?

And Basis jumped me on the number one guy. You guys must know something, because I never win head to head, unless I start way ahead. Gotta tune up my game.

AG

16. jello1717

It sucks that you're the one fighting Basis for that guy AG! If Basis signs him, he'll take the top user recruiting class. If he doesn't, I might be able to get it.

But if my options are either me getting the top class or aOSU getting a stud recruit, I think we all know which one I'm rooting for!

17. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I told you he was going to be a Gator... :D

We'll see how it plays out, still plenty of time left.

18. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Well I made the mistake of going conservative and thinking recruiting would be simmed. Must of been that time me and Armstrong spent on the moon.

19. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Are we in Week 2 then?

20. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Nice.

I signed 3. No surprises, all were soft commits before. I think I took the punter AG was after. He doesn't look like anything special though. I'm guessing I'm done, with 2 scholarships left to give. I'm not really close enough on anyone who looks good. Offered all the bonus guys but none put me in their top 10.

Anyone know exactly how pipeline states work? Do you just need to have 3 guys from a particular state? When I look at my pipeline states and it says something like "Georgia (1)", is that because I have 2 guys from Georgia on my board and it's factoring them in?

21. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

I think so

22. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Yep were in week two and half the teams I think had done week two recruiting last night.

We should be onto week 3 today.

23. jello1717

You need 4 guys to make a pipeline state. Your Georgia (1) pipeline means that Georgia is a pipeline state this year because you had at least 4 guys from there. The (1) is how many guys from Georgia you currently have after SRs and transfers left, but does not including any recruits that you've signed. If you don't sign 3 guys this year from Georgia, they'll no longer be a pipeline state next year.

I'm sitting with Illinois (2) and I'm about to sign a guy from Illinois, but I just couldn't find another kid to get from there right now so I'll lose Illinois for next year.

24. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Thank you. Exactly what I wanted to know.