One month to go...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

...till Madden 12.

Guys, we sort of need some kind of sense of urgency here.

- We have made no further discussion in forum or in blast chat on a team redraft. We've talked about it in both board and main blast chats. We need to either say "yes, we are doing a redraft", and get ready for a few pissy owners to whine and bitch so we can have them out of the way one way or another come draft time, or say "no, we aren't" so guys can trade what teams they have. I for one am left hanging because of this indecision, as I do not want the Jets next year and don't want to be left holding them if I could possibly trade for a team I DO want in Madden 12 long term (Chiefs, Cardinals, Bills).

- Cap test. I am actually trying to do a cap test this year versus last year, where we threw it in here. I want to get started ASAP so we can do a smattering of FA and get some of our guys educated on how we will be doing things in Madden 12. So far I've only had 5 signups and I put posts in both the board area here and in the WFL board area with franchise name and password to log in. I'm highly disappointed in the return. Miklos, Dave, KO, myself, and Vishal (non-board member who expressed interest in helping when I talked about it in blast chat). When Vishal seems more interested in our future cap than board members, that worries me a LOT.

These are our two main pressing issues. I want at least 6 owners in the cap test franchise, but I have room for 8. It will be a no-play league; just sim to the end of each season, do quick offseasons with little FA movement, and just see how contracts look in years 3 and 4 is my main concern. Also, I've tweaked some of the rules thanks to feedback already and simplified the starting process for the league as a whole. It honestly makes more sense now.

We have not helped out the activity level of the league by being complacent. We have to make some decisions, and we have to make them quickly.

2. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I think we need to make an official vote on the team red-draft sometime in the next week, around when our season is set to end (August 7th should be the last day of week 17, next sunday). All the default team ratings are out now for madden 12, even though we know some will change in the roster update that is set to be released on launch day.

I've been waffling back and forth on it, but it all comes down to the guys against it, their min argument seems to stem from just not wanting to give up their good team. Should we even care that they were with the same team for 7 seasons? What does that really matter? It seems that they have invented this whole thing that since they have been with the same team, that makes them entitled to keeping it. Again, why should that matter?

The last straw for me, though, may be the lack of parity in this league. Hopefully it will change with the new release. I know I myself had much better seasons in the madden 11 release compared to the madden 10 release, but looking at the playoff teams, it is literally the same 8 guys in the same 8 teams that have been making it nearly every single season since season 3.

I really think that it all boils down to guys like vishal and dunlap, who have made the playoffs 5-6 times in 7 seasons, being afraid of change and taking a chance with a possible lesser team. But, I tell you what, I wont lose any sleep over guys who constantly make championships crying about being without their money teams.

3. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Honestly I am ready to shoot down redraft as much as I want my eagles I have noticed a change with me and vish over this and it is not worth it to me. Not only that I am starting to hate shiftee and sanano who want to argue with me about it every time I am in the chat. I will give stealth the Bengals and find a home somewhere even though vish told me even before redraft I could get the eagles. It just is not worth it to me at this point...

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Can I be perfectly honest here?

I've lost any and all respect for Vishal over this.

The guy was fine with swapping teams until we are "forcing" him to switch, then all of a sudden he wants to say he's an Eagles fan. Basically badmouths the Saints because of one fucking player, Reggie OVERRATED Bush, being sent to another team.

I understand, Dunn, that you don't want to cause issue with this, but in my opinion, Vishal may cost himself a spot in my league because of this. I have no need for greedy, win-first type owners, and with this recent attitude showing, he is obviously a win-first owner and does not care about the viability of the league.

I am on the fence about the team re-draft. With us being indecisive about it, I feel like I am going to be one of those owners "holding the bag". The ONLY reason I swapped to the Jets was to give not one, not two, but THREE owners THEIR teams. My idea behind it was that if we did the redraft, I would have a chance at a team I want (which is not the Jets). If we did not do the redraft, I would have a good team to trade to another owner for a team I want.

With us not deciding one way or the other, I am in limbo and I don't want to get stuck with the Jets. I just want to know if I can start wheeling and dealing the team itself.

5. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I thought we canned the team redraft idea last week. But to make it official, I say NO.

I have been out the mix the last month or so. My son playing tournament baseball and a couple family vacations(which I'm on now) has pulled my attention away from my responsibilities here.

I will be home either mon or tues, then back offshore Wednesday but hopefully I will have some time to get caught back up while at work.

6. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I dont have a horse in the redraft race so Its not really fair for me to vote for or against. If I wasnt keeping the Pats, I would whatever team. Id be fine with the redraft.

However, the redraft in my opinion will only cause more owner movement going forward. People will start swapping or leaving their team to a different one.

Just my 2 cents. (Its all I have left....)