One thing I've always wanted to see in NCAA is...

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Blaza, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

One thing I've always wanted to see in NCAA is...

One thing I'd like to see added to NCAA is a tweaking of the redshirt rules. How much does it suck to lose a guy in the first half of game 1 and have that year burnt? I'd love to see the ability to apply for a medical redshirt. It doesn't seem like it would be too hard to implement. I wouldn't even be opposed to having to use offseason hours to "apply" for a red-shirt since they aren't always granted by the real NCAA.

I'd also like to see the ability to still tack a redshirt onto a player who hasn't seen any snaps all year. There have certainly been times where I overlook redshirting a player in the offseason period, but realize by game 1 that for one reason or another, they won't be seeing the field that season.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Seconded.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I would really like to e see VA Tech win a game on justin.tv

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I would like to see grey shirts (would actually cover what you are talking about Blaza), tweaked red shirts and 90 man rosters with realistic progression based on a number of factors that actually effect it in real life. Would like to see someone who knows SOMETHING about football to do the rosters among other things.

Presentation would be nice as well.

... but I guess I'm just dreaming.

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I think they had medical redshirts on the PS2. It may have been college hoops 2k8 though.

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

In a TB OD I was in, my best player was my Sr HB. On my very first play from scrimmage for the season, he ran 70 yards before being tackled and breaking his collar bone, putting him out for the season.

Uh. It sucked a lot.

7. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

This was a feature on one of the past games I do remember.. Medical Redshirts would be nice

8. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Signed.

I lost DeAndre Brown (WR, Southern Miss) in game one, quarter one in the OFFL Mid Majors...Yeah, it sucked.

9. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

medical redshirts would be great, and college football live with weekly highlights would be the best! they had highlights back on bill walsh! how dont they have that now lol and nfl 2k5 had sports center, 5 yrs later and they still cant do that @ ea? come on already! what was the point of getting an espn liscense if u not gon use that great function of it.

10. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I love threads like this! You know that whole "Get your name in the game" thing for 2010 was my idea. :D they took it straight from one of my posts in a thread like this on OS. (enough bragging, ive got more ideas!)

I have been crying about upgradable stadiums for a few years now. You should be able to upgrade the size/capacity/look of your stadium.
    -What is the point of making FIU a 6* program that dominates the SEC year after year if only 15,000 people are there to watch?

Also, I wish the juke/highlight stick was more intuitive. For example, you are in the open field with the ball and are going head up with one other defender. In real life, the ball carrier usually goes one of 3 or 4 ways... left, right, over, or through the defender. It would be awesome to be able to wiggle the right stick to put a shimmy on the defender, then BAM! slam the thumbstick in a direction to make a move(or shimmy then press B for a spin move, Y to jump over etc. etc.).

Id also like to see (more, if it is already in the game) team specific commentary. For example, the announcers could talk about Nebraska's blackshirts defense. Or the announcers could comment on a big run play from a Texas QB and mention how they used to have a great QB who did things like that.The possibilities are endless and they've needed to re-do the commentary for a while now.

Different(customizable) throwing animations for QBs. Sidearm, Unitas style, Im sure they could mo-cap a bunch of different QBs and come up with some cool stuff. Oh also please make the ball spiral correctly. Not every pass has to be a perfect spiral, but they all need some sort of rotation.
    On that note, they've needed a bunch of new running/tackling/catching animations for a while too. I like a lot of the new ones in 2010, but MOAR would be nice.

Someone just posted this on OS the other day and I thought it was a really good Idea: You should be able to use Create-a-school teams in place of the "FCS Directional" schools. That would be a really really cool way of allowing users to integrate FCS into the game.

They used to have customizable playbooks and a play-editor too. I miss those :(.

Ah... I could go on and on but Ill leave at this for now. Also, these are all sort of superficial things... There are also gameplay issues that should be fixed, but I dont think Im the right guy to offer those kind of suggestions.

11. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Max,

We're all with ya brother...

12. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Absolutely. But that's basically asking for the franchise to be taken over by a different team.

Unfortunately, as long as the current gen team is together, our NCAA football games are going to be sub par to say the least.

13. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Yeah, it was hoops 2k8..... The one with father time on the cover (AKA Greg Oden) Great feature though. Would love to see it in NCAA football.

14. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

HAHA!

Man that commercial he did was hilarious too. "I'm a chameleon..." lol.

15. Blaza

Meh, ya never know man. It seems like just yesterday that we were told gang tackling would be too difficult to implement. And as others have mentioned, CH2k8 was an awesome barometer of how much you can cram into a dynasty mode.

Also, I wouldn't say that NCAA is subpar by any stretch. It is still a very fun game with shortcomings. The only thing that completely drives me nuts are things that the community catches in like 24 hours. They need to step their test game up.

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Rick No Ankles!!!

Rick No Ankles!!!

[YOUTUBE]pbd9CLEnpis[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]8LeJ5HrnlLM[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]cnxKAbji8M8[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]-xHs9A3i6Ps[/YOUTUBE]

17. ThaEra25

ThaEra25 Oregon=Longhorn Country

I'd like to see a 3DRB spot in the depth chart for the guys that run a two back system with a more pro style offense.

Customizable play books on Offense and Defense, I dont remember which game had that but I do remember loving that feature for us playbook guys.

Being able to change your audibles on the fly...I believe this was in an older version of Madden. This was a great feature that would allow you to change your audibles throughout the game without having to pause the game. It also gave you the freedom of picking a formation and then having the ability to adjust audibles within it...This would be benifical to Offense and Defense.

18. Blaza

Era, I like that audible suggestion a lot. Another feature I would like to see return is the auto lock feature on defense. If I want my stud corner to follow AJ Green all over the field for 60 minutes, I want that option.

19. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Abso-fuckin'-lutely.